Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

largelyworried

Not a good look from Maguire, but looking at it again, he had few options. Almiron is sprinting at him, already at full pace, even if he tried to turn and match his run, he'd have no chance of keeping up. He also couldn't shepherd him to one side. What he probably should have done is shoulder him down and take the yellow, but failing that, going for the tackle was one of few things he could try.

Abraxas

I think it's fair to say he's started off the season a little shakily. I'm not sure if my memory is deceiving me but I'm sure this is a bit of a theme with him. I'm pretty confident he'll improve in the coming weeks and months. He's a player that can play a lot of football and gets into a real stride in terms of consistency.

A-man

This, but I am pretty certain that he will do it again, that's just the way he defends.
This is one reason why I’m not a fan of Maguire in a high line. We have seen situations like this many times before.

lex talionis

The missed tackle looks bad on replay, but looked at closely enough it was Maguire’s lead bad option. He had defenders behind him and Newcastle still had a lot of ground to cover to create the chance and score the goal.

The culprit was our lack of cover from our midfield, whose duty it is to snuff out these fires when they emerge.

Young Boys 2:1 Man Utd

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
This is his 3rd full season and I still see very leadership from him on the pitch when team is in need of it.

Yesterday was a horror show from the sidelines, but come on, if you're the captain of the side. Surely, you have to bollocks some of the players for not holding shape or fecking up simplest of passes to keep hold of the ball. He just seems so un-inspiring as a figure. Thought he'd grow but still appears as meek.

Not to mention he's been poor to average this season, our defence has looked very disorganized this season despite signing Varane.

hmchan

I still don't understand all those "ball playing defender" talk. Maguire is terrible on the ball.

Based Adnan

Poor start to the season. Needs to sort himself out otherwise we should bring in Lindelof for a while.

Stadjer

If he doesnt improve Lindelof and Varane will be the new duo.

Gifted West Ham a chance and some of his passes would make McFred blush in embarrassment

Leg-End

It’s purely concentration for him, he’s just switched off a lot in games this season for whatever reason. Not worried about it at this point but he does need to pull his head out of his arse fairly sharpish.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looked like an absolute fecking clown at least 3 or 4 times today. The passes out of play were bad, but that instance of him dithering with the ball near the corner flag only to present them with a free chance was atrocious.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He was careless in the 1st half, should execute more of longer passes which he's pretty good at, instead he's hoarding the ball like a badger before winter time.

thedvil

He is getting showed up a liitle with a world class defender in Varane, hopefully he gets his head sorted and responds to the challenge, he shouldnt be undropable if that is what it takes.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
He was poor on the ball today but let's not overreact. He's normally calm and composed.
It's nearly like he's too calm and composed. He needs a slap across the face to wake up.

When he heads and misses from a corner he stands there holding his head for about a minute before jogging back into position

I'd like to see Lindelof next to Varane on Wednesday. Maguire has looked very shaky since pre season and needs to wake up.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very poor today, terrible mistake in the first half that led to West Ham chance, wanders all over the pitch randomly and his passing is so poor. Even the completed passes to Shaw are so hard to control.

MadMike

Very slow start to the season. Had a shocker today, nearly gifted them a goal in the first and his passing could be barely called that.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Poor once again.

Last season he had a poor start to the season too, but I put down to all the drama in the summer. Maybe he's just a slow starter.

littleman

Along with AWB, feels like he’s trying too hard to impress because Varane is now here
Even Rio wasn’t that great a passer/playmaker, and he was a better footballer
Maguire should keep it simple

The problem is there‘s no strong playmaking ball playing ability on the team until we reach the AM position unless we play Pogba or Matic in the double pivot

Red00012

He was in a different planet today whatever was going on in his head

Revan

Assumptionman
Has been terrible for this start of the season. If things do not improve soon, Ole should give a go to Varane-Lindelof.

He has never been an elite defender, but last season was much better than this.

Tragically Hip

He's too casual right now. It feels like he is trying to add some swagger since he's playing alongside Varane, but that isn't his game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He was awful today. Not had the best start to the season tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.