Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

Worrying form since the start of the season.

If it's not gonna work out for him and Varane, then captain or not, he may be the on we may have to look to replace.

He'sRaldo

I don't understand why he's rated so highly. We've generally conceded similar or more goals after he came in, and for a captain his defensive organization, especially on set pieces is often poor.

That said, in England's defensive setup he looked immense, so maybe that's part of the reason why. Our level of organization will have to improve for him to show any better than he has thus far for us. And in addition we'll need to get a better holding midfielder, at which point hopefully he'll be the weakest of the defensive spine.

Zoo

I don't understand why he's rated so highly. We've generally conceded similar or more goals after he came in, and for a captain his defensive organization, especially on set pieces is often poor.

That said, in England's defensive setup he looked immense, so maybe that's part of the reason why. Our level of organization will have to improve for him to show any better than he has thus far for us. And in addition we'll need to get a better holding midfielder, at which point hopefully he'll be the weakest of the defensive spine.
You don’t remember how ropey we were when he was injured last season? Pretty sure we’d have won the Europa League final too with him in the team.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

I'd say a big part is because he was playing with Lindelof, who our fans obviously hated. Now Varane is here and he's the golden boy, Maguire no longer gets a pass for everything.

However IMO he's fine as I think we're always likely to concede the way we're set-up to attack with no solid defensive midfielder to keep things in balance.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Last year, everyone was saying that we needed to buy a word class centre back partner for him in order to perform at his max, I remember people arguing about this.
Last year, everyone also used to say the that the Fred MCT double pivot baby sitting our defence was only necessary because Maquire didn't have a world class partner.
This year we have that world-class partner in defence, but neither have changed.

mu4c_20le

Ole doesn’t believe in rotation, he will play every game till getting an injury
This is silly, it's only been a month into the season. Tuchel has played a consistent back line since the start and Rudiger has played in every game, and he's even more injury prone than Maguire.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Who else should we give it to ? Genuine question.
Fernandes is the obvious answer. The captain has to be performing consistently and I suppose Harry is consistent but not in a good way. Bruno appears to be a leader on the pitch.

EtH

Fernandes is the obvious answer. The captain has to be performing consistently and I suppose Harry is consistent but not in a good way. Bruno appears to be a leader on the pitch.
Would be my choice as well. Tends to lose his head a bit at times but has the right mentality. And would probably cut the former out if given that responsibility.

Skeezix

Still clearly remember two stray passes out under no pressure at all.

In the PL he's valuable even when he doesn't play well because he'll keep those crosses out.

But in the CL matches, where teams are better tactically, playing one twos, i fear Maguire will be targeted in particular.

Foxbatt

He has been in a poor form the last two matches. Getting dragged out too many times. Especially to our left where Shaw gets overloaded. Just kick it if it gets too dicey instead of trying to pass back to the keeper or letting it roll out.

Sylar

He needs a break, straight from injury into euros and then back into new season

I do think like last year he will play himself back into form. Will be interesting to see if he plays mid week

Revan

Assumptionman
The injury will do good both to him and to United. Lindelof is currently playing better than him and Magure has been wank the entire season. A few games allows us to try another partnership, and hopefully gives a rest to Magure.

If Ole is out though, he should start getting nervous. Not many managers would tolerate these types of performances and still having him as undisputed starter.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The injury will do good both to him and to United. Lindelof is currently playing better than him and Magure has been wank the entire season. A few games allows us to try another partnership, and hopefully gives a rest to Magure.

If Ole is out though, he should start getting nervous. Not many managers would tolerate these types of performances and still having him as undisputed starter.
He will be fine. He was wanted by 3 different managers in Ole, Pep and Jose for a reason after all.
Southgate (even though I don’t rate him) also took him to Euros and started him as soon as he was fit despite him not having played since he got injured last season I think against Villa.

Devil may care

He wasn't playing well and then stayed on despite being injured, not a good day for Harold.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
How long is he out for?

Andersons Dietician

Never good to see people go off injured but hopefully he can have a think about his performances and a reset as he’s not had one good game so far this season. Looked super shaky today and was probably lucky that he never saw red for hauling back McGinn.

To be honest Lindelof looks in much better form and even if Harry wasn’t injured at this moment in time Lindelof should be starting ahead of him.

tomaldinho1

He was brutal yet again even before the injury. I’m fine with Lindelof playing right now.
This is the beauty of our squad, let’s see what Lindelof can do. Maguire has been poor for a sustained period of games now, it’s all about the message, no one should be untouchable. Varane/Lindelof will be better on the ball for me going into a CL game against deep sitting opponents.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s had a terrible start to the season after a cracking end to last & a great euros. Perhaps too much too soon after the injury?

Revan

Assumptionman
He’s had a terrible start to the season after a cracking end to last & a great euros. Perhaps too much too soon after the injury?
He started the exact same way the last two years, and then improved but was nothing special. He was very good for England in Euros though.

I do not think this injury is gonna hurt the team whatsoever.

lex talionis

Harry could use the time off anyway. He had a poor start to last season and although he hasn't been as poor as depicted here, he's been off his top form. We'll manage with Lindelof, though I do hope we can make sure we don't get cut to ribbons on set pieces and enjoy a bit of better luck on deflected shots.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Not much of a loss with how he started the season.

This video highlights the importance Maguire has in the team, without him the back 4 just don't know what to do. This was evident when he was out for a few weeks in the latter stages of the season, the back 4 were all over the place.

He gets a bad rap on here, but he is without doubt one of the most important players we have, he will be a major loss in the coming weeks.

wolvored

Just read Utd are going to give Maguire a new contract even though hes got 4 years left on the one he has. Why? This club wastes money when it doesnt need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.