Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If he was a captain of a ship I'm pretty sure the passengers would think they're about to die when its raining. Man can walk into a sunflower field and kills every flowers within 50km radius. Him and Rashford should start an emo band.

MrBest

fecking bullshit. Exactly like it was against Burnley which we disagreed about. Anyone with a half a brain cell can that he’s gets consistently sucked into these situations time and again.

I'd ignore that poster I were you, they are a wind up merchant, possibly a bot hiding behind a screen swinging rubbish. The entire fan base can see that at least 3 of the 4 goals were down to Maguire, you are wasting your effort responding to that thing.

arthurka

Smalling and Jones look prime Maldini compared to this donkey. Captain of Manchester United, United DNA and all that. Thanks Ole.

Irwin99

Doesn't know what he's doing for half the goals. Entire defence has been awful and has little protection from the midfield but still ...it's just not good.

Trequartistry

Not sure what he’s doing for the last goal but again easy scapegoat. No protection provided by the midfielders yet again

Jackal981

If any manager is tasked to sabotage Man Utd from the inside he probably cannot do a better job than Ole. Buying and appointing this thick faced cnut as a captain and undroppable starter sums his legacy in the club

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't we have any kids who can play a few games half decently? Maguire is not in the right state of mind.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
This fecking bullshit doesn’t know how to defense, he lacks proper basic knowledges of defending. Such a weak bum as hell

Last edited:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Is it just me or has his confidence absolutely shattered as well? When he came in I remember there was an instance where he took the free kick from a senior Utd player and demanded somebody else take it. He was very vocal, and he was constantly in communication. Its not long ago that people thought if that I'd he played in the europa league final we'd have won.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Is it just me or has his confidence absolutely shattered as well? When he came in I remember there was an instance where he took the free kick from a senior Utd player and demanded somebody else take it. He was very vocal, and he was constantly in communication. Its not long ago that people thought if that I'd he played in the europa league final we'd have won.
When you try really hard not to screw up, you tend to screw up. Rather than going on instinct, you start second guessing yourself. Just like on their first goal. I know many here will say he shouldn't have gone after Mane, and once again, the many in here are wrong. The biggest problem was that he hesitated. He started tracking him and then stopped. He's second guessing himself and that's the worst thing you can do as a defender...

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
We sold Smalling for peanuts. Smalling is 10 x a better defender then this clown.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

at fault for at least half of them goals
9 goals. He is either directly responsible or Liverpool are scoring into a space he vacates by pushing into midfield and never getting close to the ball. Either go in and stop the attack or talk to your midfield to cover that space and don't leave a massive gap to attack in front of your goal. It's basic shit!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
9 goals. He is either directly responsible or Liverpool are scoring into a space he vacates by pushing into midfield and never getting close to the ball. Either go in and stop the attack or talk to your midfield to cover that space and don't leave a massive gap to attack in front of your goal. It's basic shit!
Still can get over Liverpools first. How they get in behind that easily is mind boggling.

Valencia Shin Crosses

De gea escapes all criticism on this forum because he occasionally saves a few shots. Forgetting his passing is utter dogshit:
Maguire is decent and a good organiser. Yes he has a mistake in him but he’s not the main issue
Calling Maguire decent and a good organizer is laughable considering the defenses he's "organized" this year. He's quite below average and at times terrible in any system other than one that sits his team deep within his own half where he is protected and can mainly focus on aerial threats. Otherwise he's just as bad positionally as Bailly but with none of the recovery pace or athleticism. Not to mention fecking Bailly would die on the pitch trying to prevent a goal at least while Maguire generally shies away from the ball.

led_scholes

Calling Maguire decent and a good organizer is laughable considering the defenses he's "organized" this year. He's quite below average and at times terrible in any system other than one that sits his team deep within his own half where he is protected and can mainly focus on aerial threats. Otherwise he's just as bad positionally as Bailly but with none of the recovery pace or athleticism. Not to mention fecking Bailly would die on the pitch trying to prevent a goal at least while Maguire generally shies away from the ball.
Maguire the good organizer who held the balls 2 minutes only to throw it to Hannibal in the most uncomfortable way. And then standing in the middle.

Jackal981

When you try really hard not to screw up, you tend to screw up. Rather than going on instinct, you start second guessing yourself. Just like on their first goal. I know many here will say he shouldn't have gone after Mane, and once again, the many in here are wrong. The biggest problem was that he hesitated. He started tracking him and then stopped. He's second guessing himself and that's the worst thing you can do as a defender...
Hey its maguire's wife. So much excuse for him. If only he can defend as good as your defence for him. Maybe you can teach him one thing or two about defending

Lyng

De gea escapes all criticism on this forum because he occasionally saves a few shots. Forgetting his passing is utter dogshit:
Maguire is decent and a good organiser. Yes he has a mistake in him but he’s not the main issue
Since his arrival our defence has been the most disorganized it's been in my lifetime.
Maguire at his best is merely decent. De Gea has saved us time and again this season. Mostly saved us after massive mistakes by Maguire.
De Gea's passing is bad, but so is Maguire's. His soft balloon balls puts unnecessary pressure on his teammates every single game.
He needs to get out of our starting eleven.
We desperately need upgrades for our defence.

JeffFromHK

Maguire actually disorganizes the defences of all premier league teams he played in.

When he played for Hull in 2016-2017:
Hull conceded 80 goals in the premier league, i.e. 2.10 goals conceded per game, by far the most among 20 PL teams, and Hull wasn't even the worst PL team that season, since Hull was ranked 18th.

In the 2 years he played for Leicester City 2017-2019, Leicester's defence deteriorated:

goals conceded 2015-2017 (two seasons before Maguire joined): 1.30 per game
goals conceded 2017-2019 (two seasons with Maguire): 1.42 per game
goals conceded 2019-2021 (two seasons after Maguire left): 1.20 per game

Jonny Evans, who we sold at 3M, concedes 114 premier league goals out of first 100 premier league games, i.e. 1.14 per game, playing for Leiceste.

In the almost 3 years he played for us, our defense deteriorated too:
goals conceded 2016-2019 (3 seasons beefore Maguire joined): 0.97 per game
goals conceded 2019-2022 (3 seasons with Maguire): 1.13 per game

Whichever team he plays it, the team concedes goals after goals
. As the stats above show, he has never improved any defenses he has played in.
His career PL goals conceded per game is 1.33 which is worse than Ryan Shawcross (1.29), who was rejected by Man Utd and plays in Stoke City in his entire PL career.
He is just a goal-conceding machine.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Maguire actually disorganizes the defences of all premier league teams he played in.

When he played for Hull in 2016-2017:
Hull conceded 80 goals in the premier league, i.e. 2.10 goals conceded per game, by far the most among 20 PL teams, and Hull wasn't even the worst PL team that season, since Hull was ranked 18th.

In the 2 years he played for Leicester City 2017-2019, Leicester's defence deteriorated:

goals conceded 2015-2017 (two seasons before Maguire joined): 1.30 per game
goals conceded 2017-2019 (two seasons with Maguire): 1.42 per game
goals conceded 2019-2021 (two seasons after Maguire left): 1.20 per game

Jonny Evans, who we sold at 3M, concedes 114 premier league goals out of first 100 premier league games, i.e. 1.14 per game, playing for Leiceste.

In the almost 3 years he played for us, our defense deteriorated too:
goals conceded 2016-2019 (3 seasons beefore Maguire joined): 0.97 per game
goals conceded 2019-2022 (3 seasons with Maguire): 1.13 per game

Whichever team he plays it, the team concedes goals after goals
. As the stats above show, he has never improved any defenses he has played in.
His career PL goals conceded per game is 1.33 which is worse than Ryan Shawcross (1.29), who was rejected by Man Utd and plays in Stoke City in his entire PL career.
He is just a goal-conceding machine.
As the stats above show, he has never improved any defenses he has played in. :annoyed:

As the stats above show, he has never improved any defenses he has played in.:houllier:

As the stats above show, he has never improved any defenses he has played in.:mad:

Mike Smalling

So this doofus actually retweeted this after the Norwich game.

In a home game where we barely beat an obvious relegation side, he felt the need to highlight that he hit a couple of long passes. Jesus wept.

A-man

I remember that freekick, too. People were saying he was acting like a captain. He was imo one of our best players last season and one big reason we finished second. However doubt he would have changed the outcome of the EL final where DDG made 1 save and conceded 1 over 120 minutes.

We often end up in trouble when he leaves his position. I think he works best when when the midfielders take care of that and he can stay and defend “his” space in the box. This is the main reason he will get problems fitting in the future EtH’s United.
The goal yesterday and the first half really, imo it is mainly on Rangnick who played a system they clearly couldn’t handle, and that against the best team in the world that just scored 3 goals against City. Maguire is out of position and you could see how Lindelof and Jones did not act the way the should have. The players really tried their best in first half yesterday, but they didn’t know what to do.

arthurka

So this doofus actually retweeted this after the Norwich game.

In a home game where we barely beat an obvious relegation side, he felt the need to highlight that he hit a couple of long passes. Jesus wept.
:lol:
This can't be real, they barely won this game against the worst team in the league and he is showing passes under no pressure that any player in the top 4 leagues could easily make. Jesus wept.

Roux

I really hope Ten Hag is plotting Maguire's exile from the team - if not we can expect more of the same/worse for the next few years.

So many great options available in the summer - Rudiger, Pau Torres etc and get rid of this guy ASAP.

Marwood

The first goal is a perfect example of what we do. Put a CB in an almost impossible position and then blame him. If a CB has to stop Mané in his own half to prevent a goal something has gone badly wrong elsewhere.

Matic and or Pogba should be taking care of Mané there. No team wants there CB that high away at Liverpool 6 mins into a game.

Equally the third. No CB can perfectly track Mané when he's moving off the ball like that. You'd have to be a mind reader to stay tight to him.

But the last goal. Absolutely shocking from him. I'd drop him for that.

Oranges038

The first goal is a perfect example of what we do. Put a CB in an almost impossible position and then blame him. If a CB has to stop Mané in his own half to prevent a goal something has gone badly wrong elsewhere.

Matic and or Pogba should be taking care of Mané there. No team wants there CB that high away at Liverpool 6 mins into a game.

Equally the third. No CB can perfectly track Mané when he's moving off the ball like that. You'd have to be a mind reader to stay tight to him.

But the last goal. Absolutely shocking from him. I'd drop him for that.

First goal runs into no mans land in midfield again and gets bypassed. I've said before that teams target him specifically for this and yet another goal comes from it.

Third goal, runs back with Mane but then goes ball watching and leaves Mane on his own to stroke it home.

Fourth, hospital pass to Hannibal, when he should have played DDG. Then he gets back and for whatever reason just steps out of the space where Jota plays the pass into Salah. If he just holds the line that ball is not on, or he cuts it out.

The guy is a clown.

Marwood

First goal runs into no mans land in midfield again and gets bypassed. I've said before that teams target him specifically for this and yet another goal comes from it.

Third goal, runs back with Mane but then goes ball watching and leaves Mane on his own to stroke it home.

Fourth, hospital pass to Hannibal, when he should have played DDG. Then he gets back and for whatever reason just steps out of the space where Jota plays the pass into Salah. If he just holds the line that ball is not on, or he cuts it out.

The guy is a clown.
First goal - where do you think our midfield should be?

Second goal - Mané made about three sharp movements in the space of a second. How can any centre back stay tight? It's not possible.

Fourth totally agree.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I could be more understanding if he made one of those shocking errors maybe three or four times every season. But this is not acceptable. This cannot be the new standard at United. We’re at a point where Maguire makes an error that leads to a goal every game now. Has to go or atleast benched and stripped of captaincy.

Oranges038

First goal - where do you think our midfield should be?

Second goal - Mané made about three sharp movements in the space of a second. How can any centre back stay tight? It's not possible.

Fourth totally agree.
The first goal is not on the midfield, they should be there for him to pass Mane onto. But Mane runs into that space, he knows full well that Maguire will follow, two passes and they are in. This has happened so many times this season it's not a coincidence. If he just leaves him go and holds his line what damage can Mane do 40 yards from goal? A lot less than Maguire breaking his line and leaving a massive gap for a ball to be played into.

The third, he's tracked Mane for 40 odd yards . He goes ball watching and loses all sense of position and makes it all to easy for him to get a free shot from the cut back. Again this is something else we've seen with him enough times already.

Fabian Keller

I have never despised/loathed/hated a United player more. Never. I still haven't forgotten his 'performance' in the Spurs game, 1-6. I haven't forgotten. The mere mention of his name is enough to throw me off my day now.

Remember when he said 'do you know who I am' to the Greek cops.

I think that's telling.

Marwood

The first goal is not on the midfield, they should be there for him to pass Mane onto. But Mane runs into that space, he knows full well that Maguire will follow, two passes and they are in. This has happened so many times this season it's not a coincidence. If he just leaves him go and holds his line what damage can Mane do 40 yards from goal? A lot less than Maguire breaking his line and leaving a massive gap for a ball to be played into.

The third, he's tracked Mane for 40 odd yards . He goes ball watching and loses all sense of position and makes it all to easy for him to get a free shot from the cut back. Again this is something else we've seen with him enough times already.
First goal, what are Matic and Pogba doing? What's their contribution in that sequence of play?

Oranges038

First goal, what are Matic and Pogba doing? What's their contribution in that sequence of play?
They are doing feck all.

But there's no way Maguire should be running in there. He doesn't even go all the way in, he runs half way, realised he made a balls up and tried to run back.

Again, he does this so often, it's not like it was a one off and he still hasn't learned to just hold his fecking line. Nope, run out, get bypassed with a simple ball and he's out of the game 40 yards from his goal.

Rojofiam

He was good in his first season here, then very-very good in his 2nd and the EUROs...when you're a constant scapegoat even 1 bad game is enough for people to come at you, let alone a whole bad season. People are just so pathetic. The noise will die down after we get going under ten Hag and everyone is performing well, including Maguire. That will last until he makes 1 single mistake resulting in a goal when everyone will again act like he's been bad all these years. :lol:

Renegade

He was good in his first season here, then very-very good in his 2nd and the EUROs...when you're a constant scapegoat even 1 bad game is enough for people to come at you, let alone a whole bad season. People are just so pathetic. The noise will die down after we get going under ten Hag and everyone is performing well, including Maguire. That will last until he makes 1 single mistake resulting in a goal when everyone will again act like he's been bad all these years. :lol:
So has he or has he not beenawful this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.