Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He was so bad tonight, one of his worst efforts to date. There’s no point prolonging the agony, can we just move him on
Just such a bad take. He's made some horrific errors for us. Yesterday's worst was barely anything, one crazy run and tactical foul miles from our goal. Nothing to worry about at all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He did very well for the most part, let's be honest.

Had that odd moment where he tried to bulldoze his way into the box but got dispossessed, nutmegged, and earned a yellow for his troubles; apart from that, and the other time one of the Charlton forwards got passed him, it was a really decent performance.
Exactly this.
I swear people analyse his every move gagging to criticise something. When in truth he cruised through the game never bothered, and hit a number of tasty cross field balls.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I feel like I was watching a different game...... Was he awful, No. Was he excellent, no. It was an acceptable performance, still needs moving on but lets not be dicks about it.

Xeque_279

this very accurate. He made 4-5 Hollywood passes towards Garnacho and in most parts was solid. Apart from a few moments when he wanted to be proactive and win the ball quickly.
However, those "proactive moments" is where he has always faltered in the past and has led to so many goals/chances.

He just isn't good enough for us and for the way ETH wants his CB's to play. I'm sure he'll excel in a team that plays similar to the English set-up. Swap deal for Kane in the summer?

Jericho

Please pizz off with these clips. Nothing but bullying of one of our players.
Ah give it a rest, it's a performance thread.

Silly from him in that clip, he did exact same thing in the World Cup. He was ok last night, had some iffy moments if we're being honest. He just looks vulnerable too often. And his lack of speed is an issue no matter the level of the opposition. Shaw is generally better than him now at CB.

Dve

Ah give it a rest, it's a performance thread.

Silly from him in that clip, he did exact same thing in the World Cup. He was ok last night, had some iffy moments if we're being honest. He just looks vulnerable too often. And his lack of speed is an issue no matter the level of the opposition. Shaw is generally better than him now at CB.
I don't see these constant clips with Maguire's bad involvements as anything else than bullying. You could do that about any player, but for some reason, it only occurs in the Maguire thread. It's ugly, and this kind of treatment of one of our players should not be tolerated in a United fans' forum. In my opinion, anyway.

Jericho

I don't see these constant clips with Maguire's bad involvements as anything else than bullying. You could do that about any player, but for some reason, it only occurs in the Maguire thread. It's ugly, and this kind of treatment of one of our players should not be tolerated in a United fans' forum. In my opinion, anyway.
It's good you're defending him because god knows he can't defend himself.

I'm joking of course...mostly.

Bobski

Exactly this.
I swear people analyse his every move gagging to criticise something. When in truth he cruised through the game never bothered, and hit a number of tasty cross field balls.
Yes, only have to see the response in the game thread to the idea that he was having a better game than Martinez. Licha was enjoying a relaxed loosener and it was only really in the last 15 mins that his intensity came close to his normal level.

I hate how online meme culture descends on certain players and just poisons every discussion around them. Not even a fan of Maguire, would have no issues with him being moved on but he is nowhere near as bad as some claim.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes, only have to see the response in the game thread to the idea that he was having a better game than Martinez. Licha was enjoying a relaxed loosener and it was only really in the last 15 mins that his intensity came close to his normal level.

I hate how online meme culture descends on certain players and just poisons every discussion around them. Not even a fan of Maguire, would have no issues with him being moved on but he is nowhere near as bad as some claim.
Exactly that.
The truth is that he had a couple of mostly strong seasons, fused with a horrible period post that "batter some twat" abroad period, and most of last year being woeful.

He probably needs to be moved on, but he can certainly be relied upon against the low end of this division or anything below it.

You can tell which posters don't watch any lower league football when they declare a player only worthy for those leagues.
A great example being Lingard. Who turned up at West Ham and ripped it up for a few months.

Crashoutcassius

ye well said. would like him sold for any kind of money if he isn't going to start... but he has been a bit of a victim of the ten year old tiktok culture

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’ll go back to Leicester in the summer hopefully and they’ll pay a pretty penny.

Mindhunter

He is finished. Should officially give up his club captaincy. The real Maguire is probably incarcerated somewhere in the dungeons below Mykonos and we have his clone here.

Lyng

He won a few important headers when he came on. Was very happy with his cameo today

InfiniteBoredom

It would be nice if we win something this season and send him off in the summer. Not his fault that he cost 80m or isn’t good enough for Utd, but now when it has come to a point where Shaw is above him in the CB pecking order, probably best to move on and play consistently when he’s still somewhat in his peak.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Honestly it would be a classy move for the guy to give up his captaincy to Bruno at this point. Make a post on social media, say he's focusing on winning his starting place back and he will generate some good will.

NoPace

He won a few important headers when he came on. Was very happy with his cameo today
Ten Hag has found the perfect role for him in the squad, and it's one we can save 10-15M on (and a ton in wages) by selling Maguire and then buying Harry Souttar or some other giant right-sided CB who wins everything in the air.

Andersons Dietician

Anyone else see the moment when he basically positioned himself as a linesman? We went 5 at the back and there was a moment he found himself effectively in a RB position but his positioning was terrible and he had his back to his man watching the play develop centrally.

Hes gone their to cover Bissaka so that was good but what happened after just terribly bad. No danger came of it and he and Bissaka quickly changed but it’s silly positional things like that that bug me.

Lyng

Ten Hag has found the perfect role for him in the squad, and it's one we can save 10-15M on (and a ton in wages) by selling Maguire and then buying Harry Souttar or some other giant right-sided CB who wins everything in the air.
I dont think there is room for him in the squad to be honest. I was merely pointing out that he did fine when he came on.

Morpheus 7

Imagine he could be lifting the first trophy under ETH. He could be full John Terry in the league cup final, scenes.

NoPace

I dont think there is room for him in the squad to be honest. I was merely pointing out that he did fine when he came on.
We definitely need an aerially dominant backup RCB for Varane to come on late in games or play RCB when Varane is hurt or resting and we need more strength/height on the side than Lindelof can providee, and Maguire has done well in that role, but I doubt being 4th or 5th choice suits him.

My left-field prediction is Pontus Janssen on a free. He's 6'4, doing well for Brentford and good in the air. 31 years old. Might be happy to come here, be 4th or 5th choice CB and come on with 10 minutes to go and win headers when we're ahead. Sell Maguire for 25M to whoever will pay it.

Lyng

We definitely need an aerially dominant backup RCB for Varane to come on late in games or play RCB when Varane is hurt or resting and we need more strength/height on the side than Lindelof can providee, and Maguire has done well in that role, but I doubt being 4th or 5th choice suits him.

My left-field prediction is Pontus Janssen on a free. He's 6'4, doing well for Brentford and good in the air. 31 years old. Might be happy to come here, be 4th or 5th choice CB and come on with 10 minutes to go and win headers when we're ahead. Sell Maguire for 25M to whoever will pay it.
Not a bad shout mate

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Just to put this out there. AWB was gone. Wilderness. Being sold, not fit for United. Time out of the firing line and now he is a regular and playing really well. Maybe, just maybe ETH can work the same magic on Harry....

Sylar

I know he was suspended, but I can't see how he fits in next season.
I can see him maybe getting reading game (and If we get through hopefully a favourable draw) and possibly the second leg of the semi final

But there are four CBS ahead of him now (and one is our starting left back)

Eth doesn't fancy him on the left, and varane is clear first choice. Between him and lindelof, I can see Eth favouring lindelof next to Martinez when it's necessary.

I'll probably be wrong and things could change. I suspect Maguire will surely wanna play games rather than hope for an injury.
I'm wondering how much we can get for him and which team would take him. Everton? Maybe Spurs under Conte with three at the back? Leicester return?

Telsim

It was kind of telling that nobody even knew he was suspended. He is done here, I just hope we can get a tidy sum.

EtH

It was kind of telling that nobody even knew he was suspended. He is done here, I just hope we can get a tidy sum.
Craig Burley literally said “No place for Harry Maguire in the squad today” on the ESPN telecast.

The wanker. Burley, that is.

Semigoodlookin

I like how Ten Hag has handled Maguire by moving him out with minimum fuss. He is almost a forgotten man in the squad. Terrible for the player on an individual level - which is why he should go - but he has not been good enough.

lex talionis

A shame we can’t work something out with Spurs that sends Harry to them and Harry to us in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.