Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyng

Incredibly harsh to blame him for the own goal.
He has been quite good lately.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He has been quite good over the last few games especially Everton. But this is his big chance to turn the narrative surrounding him. The whole meme thing has been ridiculous but if he can galvanise our back 4 and produce a string of strong defensive displays where we don’t miss our main two CBs he’ll earn a lot of credit which is what he’s been needing based on his interviews

Speako

Did I ever say that he should be our starting centre half when everyone is healthy? Varane and Martinez are clearly our top centre half pairing. All I pointed out is that with Maguire's starts since the world cup, we are 8-0-0 with only 3 goals against. But I get it...that doesn't suit your agenda.
Why would anyone have an agenda against our own captain? The objective opinion I’ve built on him has been based on seeing first hand his repeated performances - and all aspects of his role. Same as all the players. I understand the stat you’ve pointed out, which is a fair one. But I do struggle to give Maguire a huge amount of credit for those stats, given the level of his play in those games. Hardly man of the match is he. Watching him in the flesh on Thursday in the build up to their second goal, he was ponderous and did not anticipate what was going on around him.

Anyway I certainly hope he proves me completely wrong for the rest of the season, happy to hold my hands up if that’s the case. Otherwise, we’re fecked.

RedIan

Hes been decent in recent appearances. zero fault for the OG. He needs to step up now and show why hes the first name on Southgates team sheet.

Alonzo

Well, here’s your chance Harry. 6 or so weeks that will probably come to define your time at United. Contrary to your public statements, you have it all to prove. Best of luck.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Because he knows he doesn't have the pace to recover from a mistake so he drops deep about 5 yards as every cross comes on. No other united defender does it.
No he doesn't. You're just looking for crap that isn't there. Maguire attacks crosses, he doesn't back off from them. Tell me you have an agenda against Maguire without telling me you have an agenda against Maguire :lol: :lol: :lol:

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Why would anyone have an agenda against our own captain? The objective opinion I’ve built on him has been based on seeing first hand his repeated performances - and all aspects of his role. Same as all the players. I understand the stat you’ve pointed out, which is a fair one. But I do struggle to give Maguire a huge amount of credit for those stats, given the level of his play in those games. Hardly man of the match is he. Watching him in the flesh on Thursday in the build up to their second goal, he was ponderous and did not anticipate what was going on around him.

Anyway I certainly hope he proves me completely wrong for the rest of the season, happy to hold my hands up if that’s the case. Otherwise, we’re fecked.
So you tell me you don't have an agenda against him and then go on to give me examples of your agenda against him :lol: :lol:

Hopefully he plays well and ups his summer transfer value by a few million, even if he plays badly just playing will help his cause. I don't think it will be the disaster we all fear though but the run in is going to be tougher than it would have been.

Bobski

Incredibly harsh to blame him for the own goal.
He has been quite good lately.
Harsh but expected. People have had very little to criticize him for recently, have fallen back on ephemeral guff like "He makes me nervous", anything negative was going to be seized upon.

Will be happy if we can move him on but he is nowhere near as bad as people make out. Well above average PL CB.

ForeverRed1

Own goal wasn’t his fault but he does have to be sold in the summer. Recoup as much of the 80mil fee as possible in a move that would be the best for all parties. Some don’t think we should have three top notch defenders vying for two places but as we see this season we’re two injuries away from being left very bare. Varane gets a fair few injuries and isn’t getting any younger and Martinez isn’t indispensable. We got to rotate if we’re going to compete. Sell maguire and get min-Jae in from napoli.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Can look decent playing alongside Licha or Varane. The same as Lindelof. But together they bring out the worst of each other. Just not compatible.

Doracle

Hopefully he plays well and ups his summer transfer value by a few million, even if he plays badly just playing will help his cause. I don't think it will be the disaster we all fear though but the run in is going to be tougher than it would have been.
He has looked pretty good since the World Cup. There’s an argument that, given Varane can’t stay fit, we would be better off keeping Maguire rather than selling him and have to find a replacement (we cannot in any circumstances go into a season with Lindelof as first choice back up to Varane).

Really depends what we can get for him in the summer, who we can get in to replace him and whether he would be happy to probably play 30 games next season.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Recovered well after a ropey start.

Had no idea he's suspended for next weekend, thats a bit of a shitter.

Teja

Disastrous start, the boos started coming in but credit to him, he improved as time went on.

That push on Wan Bissaka (?) when he was defending the corner almost resulting in a pen was hilarious.

Klean

Still some shakey moments, but Happy for him. Got a clean sheet and settled well in the 2nd half.

We will need good minutes from him the rest of the way, so I hope he gets in form and we can send him off on a good note.

shahzy

Pure liability when it comes to defending. Luckily Forrest are complete crap and can't attack at all

edgecutter

A competent team that isn't fighting relegation will cause him problems. They really targeted him the first half.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Disastrous start, the boos started coming in but credit to him, he improved as time went on.

That push on Wan Bissaka (?) when he was defending the corner almost resulting in a pen was hilarious.
More or less all players in every club get booed in away games.

Red Rash

Really really bad in the first 15 minutes but I've got to admit he was better after that and did ok in the end. Still very worried about having Varane and Martinez out though.

PoTMS

Played well after a really bad start. There's worse backup centre back partnerships than him and Lindelof.

jeff_goldblum

Yeah the first 15 minutes were shocking, but thought he was good after that, both on and off the ball.

Tony247

I really want to shit on Harry for giving me anxiety attacks in the first half. But I am in good mood right now. May be tomorrow.

Oranges038

Dodgy early but sorted it out.

If that penalty was given against him it could have been different.

Solid days work.

evil_geko

He was very good. And stop about that penalty call, it was NOT a fecking penalty.

Bobski

2 bad moments and then you get this group-think problem of all of his good stuff being ignored and it is just a tedious pile on.

De Gea didn't have a save to make, yes there were a couple of hairy moments with the ball bouncing in the box but the defense did a good job.

edgecutter

If he cant have a decent game against a side that is distant to be relegated he may as well hang up his boots. Hopefully he keeps consistent, but he gives me a barrel of nerves and I can only imagine the team don't feel.overly confident with him at the back.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The second half was better but no decent defender should start a game like that.

Hulme91

2 bad moments and then you get this group-think problem of all of his good stuff being ignored and it is just a tedious pile on.

De Gea didn't have a save to make, yes there were a couple of hairy moments with the ball bouncing in the box but the defense did a good job.
A large segment of our support is completely consumed by hatred for the guy, very similar to the Pogba situation

Ever since we've fallen off a singular hate figure has been required to focus in the anger

Stadjer

Started off bad and but had no problems after that anymore. It did help him that he didnt really have to do any defending since Forest could hardly get the ball forward or near him.

criticalanalysis

Aerially he can be reliable, which tbh is still of an asset for us as we have De Gea in goal but bloody hell he doesn't half make it easy to criticise him for some poor play.

We're gonna fecking need him so let's get behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.