Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Some wobbly moments but I thought he played well today.

9 yellow cards for the season though. Considering he hasn’t started all that many games that’s a bit mad. If he’s booked again in his next match will he be suspended ?
The Caf stats are for all competitions, he's got 4 in the league so not close to a suspension.

Agree with the general consensus in here re yesterday. Great recovery after a shocking opening 15/20 minutes where he looked like he'd lost his head. Composed in 2nd and kept Awoniyi quiet. He's been playing well in recent weeks, need him to maintain that!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't really get the criticism for the yellow. He was on the halfway line against a much quicker player. I thought it was just a coming together anyway but if he doesn't bring him down the guy is away and through on goal possibly.

Not the first time a CB is high up the pitch and realises a foot race is pointless. Was just unfortunate it came about so early.
When Martinez does it...... Crickets

bosskeano

He was shit in the first half; much better in the second.
haha...is that really saying much as he couldn't have been worse other than getting sent off? he still can't fvking pass the ball out of the back to save his bloody life

FerociousCorgis

yeah at this point should be obvious lindelof should be part of the sub CB depth and not Maguire. Sell maguire, use some of that funds for a project 3/4rd CB that can play how EtH wants when varane/martinez need a break or are injured.

Cantona_7_

I don't think he played as well as people here say, awefull first 20 minuts and lucky later to not give away a penalty (absolutley no awarness about were the ball is on that corner, not sure how it was not given when we see what kinda penalties are given on handball in penalty area latly).

Sure if you ignore this 3 episodes then he had an alright game, but he did have this bloopers in the game so then you can't say he had a good one IMO.

For me it just looks like he is fragile under pressure, he don't have the mentality for big game club and his interview were he says he has nothing to prove just proves that for me. Roy Keane or other players from that time were saying they had to prove themself every day, he is alright for a team not fighting for europe or the leauge but he is not cut out for the top teams IMO.

redcafe_reader

The amount of abuse he gets is absurd. Grown ass men abusing a player on social media, forums etc. To think that a lot of these morons are parents is sickening
Saying negative thing about a player in forum is abusing now? By the same logic you are also abuser by calling other people morons? or saying it's "sickening" that they have children?

Implying people you know almost nothing about not good enough to have children is much worse than anything I have seen toward Maguire in this forum. But I am sure you still think of yourself as a good/moral guy...

Lentwood

I'd be really interested to see the goals per minute and/or goals per start ratio for all of our CBs this season.

I know there's more too it than taking simple stats at face-value but there seems to be this idea that we're going to be in crisis mode without Varane and Martinez...statistically are we any better/worse off with them than with Maguire and/or Lindelof this season?

Longshanks

Nervy start then got his act together and played reasonably well. Without really being tested by a pretty poor Forest side really.

Can't help but feel we look a more dominating and progressive side with him in the lineup ahead of Varane though maybe it's just the nature of the opposition Maguire has faced but we certainly look better on the ball and more able to get high and dominate teams with Maguire than Varane.

Varane is a superb defender but he plays it quite safe and dosent look that comfortable defending really high he is also a little awkward on the ball at times whereas Maguire tends to look more comfortable under pressure.

Maguire is error prone though but I think that comes from his more risk taking style of play that can actually have a more positive impact on the way we play. But of course it does makes us a little more vulnerable defensively there is no doubt about that. But does the reward outweigh the risk?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Nervy start then got his act together and played reasonably well. Without really being tested by a pretty poor Forest side really.

Can't help but feel we look a more dominating and progressive side with him in the lineup ahead of Varane though maybe it's just the nature of the opposition Maguire has faced but we certainly look better on the ball and more able to get high and dominate teams with Maguire than Varane.

Varane is a superb defender but he plays it quite safe and dosent look that comfortable defending really high he is also a little awkward on the ball at times whereas Maguire tends to look more comfortable under pressure.

Maguire is error prone though but I think that comes from his more risk taking style of play that can actually have a more positive impact on the way we play. But of course it does makes us a little more vulnerable defensively there is no doubt about that. But does the reward outweigh the risk?
Maguire looks more comfortable defending high than Varane?!?

Now I've heard everything

jem

haha...is that really saying much as he couldn't have been worse other than getting sent off? he still can't fvking pass the ball out of the back to save his bloody life
Believe me, I’m no fan, but credit should be given when it’s due.

Waynne

‘waste of oxygen’ is ridiculous for sure. But he is abysmal as a United player, and does himself no favours with his arrogant interviews. Even if he uses that tone because he’s defensive, it does him no favours, and his situation wont improve til either he becomes a different player, or leaves the club. Damage is done here.
I understand the frustration with him but as of late he's been ok. Fact is, we need him now more than we ever have to secure top 4 what with Martinez and Varane out. We're also still in the running for 2 more trophies.

I'd rather try supporting the player because we have no one else right now rather than bagging on him. After all he's human just like the rest of us. The goal against Sevilla was unfortunate as it could have happened to literally anyone.

Also heard they scored another lucky goal recently so hopefully their luck runs out against us in the return leg. I'm confident Harry will help see us through on the return leg.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Captain pathetic, he makes the entire defense nervous. One of the worst signing we have made and probably the worst.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Brilliant player .He's got nothing to prove, and yet he outdoes himself everytime.

edgecutter

He just keeps getting more unlikeable. Hopefully his PR team will remind us all about how he still hets picked for England

Biggins

Normal service resumed. Kudos to Leicester for the best away transfer ever.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
He's never been good enough, and it's embarrassing that he's still here. If he's still at United next season, God help us.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Diabolical.

But, on the plus side, I'm certain he'll be gone this summer.

Marcelinho87

Last couple of games where he's done the very basics and people praised him, he's a fecking calamity and should be fecked off to the reserves now and contract cancelled in the summer

Rockets Redglare

I can’t remember ever really disliking a United player but I can’t stand him. Not only is he absolutely shit but he’s an arrogant wanker with a punchable box headed face.

FerociousCorgis

least DDG was nice enough to take the narrative off maguire a bit with that last huge feckup. Now everyone can focus on DDG and ignore maguire ha. Both were terrible tonight.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Actually can’t believe how bad he is and how he disrupts the whole team

Ibi Dreams

We've had backup CBs that hardly played that were more reliable than him. Did he ever sign a second contract? I certainly hope not

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
There have been plenty of worse players for us, but I can't think of another one who I was just so completely sick of the sight of. I just feel rage when I see him in a Manchester United shirt, let alone with a fecking armband on.

He's a bit like Fellaini, in that he's just a symbol of a whole era of failure and everything that has gone wrong.

AndySmith1990

Why hasn't the armband been taken off him? Feels like weak management to allow this chump to keep it

Sylar

He has nothing to prove.

England have Malta in 8 weeks so expecting him to score and silence his critics

Superunknown

I can't stand the sight of him. He's jinxed. I hate myself for it, but I feel no empathy towards him. I just want him gone now.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Maguire's camp must give the media amazing stuff. He has a good game against Reading or Charlton and the entire press pack is asking Ten Hag to blow smoke up his backside. As if it is unfathomable that he doesn't play. Against Forest he got run on like 3 minutes, nearly gave away a penalty and his amazing form continued tonight.

That first goal. No sense of what's around him. Martinez takes that ball on the turn, beats the press and plays out. Sevilla pressed Maguire hard from the outset cos they knew he couldn't hack it. All we saw tonight is what we've seen before. Maguire isn't made for this level.

Stadjer

Despite his 9-0-0 record that @SadlerMUFC like to point out, you just cant start Harry Maguire against an opponent that has the quality to punish the -atleast- one mistake he will make every game.

el3mel

Please just sell the feck out of him in summer. I don't care how much money we lose in him. He's shit even as a bench option.

Easily one of our worst ever purchases considering the amount of money spent and that goddamn armband he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.