Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RopersReturn

Who’s going to buy him? He’s not likely to agree to personal terms with any other club whilst he’s on such a massive contract here.

Edwards6

He's definitely staying. Who in their right mind will go near him? He's absolutely rubbish. Worst starting centre back we've ever had.
He's been crap for the last 2 years but definitely not the worst we've ever had, he'll still start for plenty of teams in the Premier league. Could see someone like West Ham or Villa going for him or even Spurs he'd get in the team ahead of Dier

mav_9me

Lot of options in PL for him, Villa, West Ham, Everton, even Spurs. Serie A may also suit him with the slower pace?

I don't see why we can't get 30 to 40m for him

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Lot of options in PL for him, Villa, West Ham, Everton, even Spurs. Serie A may also suit him with the slower pace?

You are David Moyes, or Unai Emery, or Sean Dyche, or Latest Levy Muppet.

Are you spending 30-40m on Maguire?

Thought not.

20m tops. More likely noone buys him.

Oscar Bonavena

Personally thought Dalot & Rashford out of the starters were worse. Thought ve was actually pretty good in the second half.

Look what I’m saying is more or less that I’m happy his United career didn’t end in an embarrassment.
Don't jinx it, what if he has to come on in the cup final?!

Oscar Bonavena

I'd be surprised if Villa go in for him, they play a very high defensive line which is kryptonite to Harry.

Everton and West Ham are the 2 teams that spring to mind for me, I definitely think Dyche and Moyes would like to have him. I think he'd do a good job for the right team, but he wasn't United standard.

It's funny though, because he's basically become a tiktok meme, I wonder how many clubs, who might otherwise be interested in him, will be put off purely from the blowback from their own fans?!

jesperjaap

I actually think he would be a very good signing for SPurs, he is a decent defender as bad as he has been here, ad lets face it even as bad as he has been here he is still a far better defender than Dier.

People talking about now way he leaves with the contract he is on here....I know he has made some weird comments about having nothing to prove and doing well here....but surely he is aware his time is up and it hasnt worked out here, sure he would actually want to leave to being playin gregularly for his international career fro starters.

COuldnt give a monkeys what fee he goes for, but I do think its more than most people seem to be sayig on here

PeteManic

Why would you move when you see Phil Jones getting £3m a year for being English and a CB?

foolsgold

Who’s going to buy him? He’s not likely to agree to personal terms with any other club whilst he’s on such a massive contract here.
If he stays, he loses his England place and I get the feeling that matters a lot to him. I think he wants to play and will cut a deal that allows him too.

There's a lot of clubs where he could do very well, I could see him captaining Everton as an example.

Irwin99

Hasn't there been talk from Southgate saying he has to play more for his club? That must factor influencing his decision if he leaves.

With his decent performances for the national team I don't see why he can't play for a mid table club and keep his England place. If we can get 40 million back we'll be lucky.

city-puma

Tbh imo he's our worst player today. At least twice under no pressure whatsoever he passed straight to the opponent players which gave them chances to fast counter us. As you said one led to the pen. We're pretty lucky that DDG saved our ass and it didn't cost us the game.

Anyway agree hopefully this should be his last game for us.
Nonsense! He is probably one of the best performers today. Whether he stays is another question though.

Waynne

Hasn't there been talk from Southgate saying he has to play more for his club? That must factor influencing his decision if he leaves.

With his decent performances for the national team I don't see why he can't play for a mid table club and keep his England place. If we can get 40 million back we'll be lucky.
I'd let him go for a box of cohibas and a six pack of Bud Light.

He is god awful and can't be relied upon even as a waterboy.

Tap

This sounds like someone trying to rationalize his role as a squad player. That’s not great news.
If he has accepted his role as a squad player. That’s good news as there’s less chance of him sounding deluded in interviews. He’ll be less in the spotlight and hopefully play well with less pressure and scrutiny

Besides, he still has a role to play as a squad player by coming off the bench, playing in the early rounds of domestic cups or in dead rubber CL games.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He is not even useful as a backup. The whole team becomes nervous when he has the ball.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That’s what I think too. He puts everyone on edge. I wouldn’t trust him in any game we needed to win. I think it would be a mistake to keep him around in any sort of role.

He needs to go and rebuild his confidence elsewhere.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
You see what you want to see. I see someone complaining because he gave the ball away twice. Can you imagine if that's the expectation of every football player? To never give the ball away? Truth is, Harry is now a squad player and has played a very important role in the squad this year. He has stepped in when asked and believe it or not, he has done well and so has the team. In fact, ever since the world cup our results with Maguire starting are:

3-0 win Bournemouth
3-0 win Chalton
3-1 win Reading
2-0 win Leeds
3-1 win West Ham
1-0 win Real Betis
3-1 win Fulham
2-0 Win Everton
2-0 win Forest
3-0 Loss Sevilla
2-1 win Fulham

So in his last 11 starts we are 10-0-1 with 24 goals for and 7 against. But go on. Tell us more about how bad we are with Harry and how much we suffer. Oh, and while you're at it, tell me you don't have an agenda.

Now I know someone is going to say "you're only picking out results that suit your argument. What about 2-2 the Sevilla?" Well if I'm going to include that Sevilla game where he came off the bench, then I guess I have to include all the games where he came off the bench too right?

2-2 Sevilla
3-0 Win Forest
3-1 win Everton
2-1 win City
2-0 win Forest
2-1 win Palace
2-0 win Newcastle
0-0 Southampton
1-0 win Villa
2-0 win Wolves

But again....see what you want to see. Have your agendas. Tell yourself what you need to tell yourself. The facts tell a different story. Again...Harry is a squad player. The others have earned their way to be ahead of him in the pecking order. But my god, get over it. The shite that people look for to blame him for you'd think hes banged all your wives or something

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
You see what you want to see. I see someone complaining because he gave the ball away twice. Can you imagine if that's the expectation of every football player? To never give the ball away? Truth is, Harry is now a squad player and has played a very important role in the squad this year. He has stepped in when asked and believe it or not, he has done well and so has the team. In fact, ever since the world cup our results with Maguire starting are:

3-0 win Bournemouth
3-0 win Chalton
3-1 win Reading
2-0 win Leeds
3-1 win West Ham
1-0 win Real Betis
3-1 win Fulham
2-0 Win Everton
2-0 win Forest
3-0 Loss Sevilla
2-1 win Fulham

So in his last 11 starts we are 10-0-1 with 24 goals for and 7 against. But go on. Tell us more about how bad we are with Harry and how much we suffer. Oh, and while you're at it, tell me you don't have an agenda.

Now I know someone is going to say "you're only picking out results that suit your argument. What about 2-2 the Sevilla?" Well if I'm going to include that Sevilla game where he came off the bench, then I guess I have to include all the games where he came off the bench too right?

2-2 Sevilla
3-0 Win Forest
3-1 win Everton
2-1 win City
2-0 win Forest
2-1 win Palace
2-0 win Newcastle
0-0 Southampton
1-0 win Villa
2-0 win Wolves

But again....see what you want to see. Have your agendas. Tell yourself what you need to tell yourself. The facts tell a different story. Again...Harry is a squad player. The others have earned their way to be ahead of him in the pecking order. But my god, get over it. The shite that people look for to blame him for you'd think hes banged all your wives or something
Bit of an outburst for no real reason. I don’t think the majority have anything against the man, he just isn’t good enough to play for United in their current system and guise. I would much prefer someone younger, quicker, and with potential to grow into real quality.

One of our biggest problems post-Ferguson has been hanging onto players that aren’t good enough for too long and then expecting different results.

We can’t count on him against quality opposition, so there is no reason to have such an expensive asset taking up space at a team his qualities don’t suit

Longlivekeano

the solution might not necessarily be a sale.

- switch in captaincy from Maguire to rashford
- switch in role of Maguire to squad player. (Likes of o Shea/butty/p neville)
- reduction of wages by 15-20%

I think all parties will be pretty happy with that.

Edwards6

Why would he accept reduced wages when he's still got 2 years left on his contract?
And I don't think Rashford will be getting the captaincy when it's been Bruno all season when Maguire doesn't play

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Why would he accept reduced wages when he's still got 2 years left on his contract?
And I don't think Rashford will be getting the captaincy when it's been Bruno all season when Maguire doesn't play
Precisely

city-puma

It’s common here really. Distortion of reality and common sense. They just speak out what they like to happen, you know?

Strelok

Nonsense! He is probably one of the best performers today. Whether he stays is another question though.
His brainfart almost cost us the game if not for DDG heroic save. 2-0 and even a draw would be very difficult for us.

We can agree to disagree then I think.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
His comment after the game doesn't look like he plans on moving on in the summer, more like he wants to stick around even if it mean he'll be 5th choice by the start of next season. :(

CM

His comment after the game doesn't look like he plans on moving on in the summer, more like he wants to stick around even if it mean he'll be 5th choice by the start of next season. :(
He has to move if he has any ambitions of playing international football. Pretty sure Southgate recently said Maguire has to start playing or he won't be selected in future squads.

whitbyviking

Euro Champs coming up he needs to play, if he is 5th choice at United then surely it will start to affect his England place at some point.

gajender

His massive contract is 190 k a week and would certainly include appearance bonuses as well as other variables which might not be possible unless he is a starter so moving him on isn't such a impossible task as some of you like to believe .

Add to the fact his contract has only 2 years left and add another couple of seasons with limited appearances if decides to stick around he might risk even getting decent contract else where eventually once his United contract expires and his Spot in England's squad also comes under threat

So it's also in his interest to move even on reduced personal terms for possible longer contract as soon as possible where he can play regularly .

My guess he leaves for 25-30 m transfer fee in summer quite easily .

Andersons Dietician

My guess he leaves for 25-30 m transfer fee in summer quite easily .
Nah surely it’s more than that. He’s still Englands captain and main CB at least 40-50 mil. I’d take 35 but his performances haven’t been that bad that we need to take a 50 mil loss.

I do think he’s in one of those situations where it’s probably best for him and us that he moves on and I’m sure there will be plenty of offers for him from decent teams where hopefully he can settle and be terrible elsewhere or at least when he plays us.

gajender

Nah surely it’s more than that. He’s still Englands captain and main CB at least 40-50 mil. I’d take 35 but his performances haven’t been that bad that we need to take a 50 mil loss.

I do think he’s in one of those situations where it’s probably best for him and us that he moves on and I’m sure there will be plenty of offers for him from decent teams where hopefully he can settle and be terrible elsewhere or at least when he plays us.
If we get higher fee than good for Us and I think United's fans judge him harsher than most and he would still have suitors in Summer .

Just to add he isn't England's captain though that's another Harry .

Andersons Dietician

If we get higher fee than good for Us and I think United's fans judge him harsher than most and he would still have suitors in Summer .

Just to add he isn't England's captain though that's another Harry .
I’m Scottish so as soon as they put on that white top they are dead to me. But I knew it was at least a Harry :lol:

Oranges038

Club captain stripped of captaincy, dropped to the bench and given a wage cut....

Who the hell is going to accept that?

He quite simply has to leave, more for his own sake than anything else.

Dr Foo

Could explore this only if a sale for him is not feasible and he is willing to accept a role as a squad player and reduced wages. He is actually a decent defender, just that his style is not suited for us, and he was never worth 80 million. The weight of captaincy and being memed globally hasn't helped for sure.

Ole'sgunnarwin

3-0 win Bournemouth
3-0 win Chalton
3-1 win Reading
2-0 win Leeds
3-1 win West Ham
1-0 win Real Betis
3-1 win Fulham
2-0 Win Everton
2-0 win Forest
3-0 Loss Sevilla
2-1 win Fulham

2-2 Sevilla
3-0 Win Forest
3-1 win Everton
2-1 win City
2-0 win Forest
2-1 win Palace
2-0 win Newcastle
0-0 Southampton
1-0 win Villa
2-0 win Wolves

You're only picking results to suit your argument. How about the absolute disasterous run if form last season (mainly with Maguire) and the first two matches this season. (1-2 Brighton 0-4 Brenford) It was only then, he was dropped, we beat Liverpool and went on a great run of form.

He makes all the team nervous when he plays, he has made countless mistakes since being here. It's memeable. After that Sevilla match, I thought surely nobody wants him here now. There are still a few on here that want to keep him as a squad player. Gluttons for punishment.

Lastwolf

Why would you move when you see Phil Jones getting £3m a year for being English and a CB?
Cause unlike Phil, he has an ego, he is worried about his England place at his age he's probably got 1-2 tournaments left and much as Southgate loves him he's got no mission for 2026 if he plays this level of games or (much more likely) even less.

35mil is actually a 9 million profit at this point, not a loss.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I’ll be glad to see him leave for the simple reason that I’m sick of the way our fans have antagonised him. The problem with having so many fans is you end up having a lot of noisy idiots. The way both Maguire and Jones have been spoken about/memed by our own fans has been shameful.

GoldanoGraham

He would actually play a lot better with a better ball playing keeper behind him - Harry is actually good on the ball when looking forward - he is just not great at receiving it with his back to play in tight situations - how many times has DDG fed a hospital ball into him?

The reason he performs so much better for England is that Pickford is way better with the ball at his feet and doesn’t create the same amount of panic as DDG does with the ball at his feet.

Unfortunately his every touch is over analysed and he has become a target for many so for everyone’s sake it’s best he moves on.

However, he won’t just go anywhere and he won’t go for peanuts as he is still regarded highly by many.

Of course he won’t be sold for £80m but again remember each players asset value depreciates annually along the length of the contract - with 3 years left on his 7 year contract his value on the balance sheet will be circa £35m as an asset and his wages are approx £10m a season.

Therefore anything in that region is fine from an accounting point of view - his salary will be the problem for other clubs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.