Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
The problem is he might prefer being a Manchester United player on £200k a week than say a West Ham player on half of that.

Only way I can see him considering taking paycut and lesser prestige of playing for a not so big club is if he's worried about his England career.
OK. If he wants to end his carreer at 30 and rot on the bench that's fine. Its either that or go and play for a smaller club were he will obviously be getting paid less. Simple.

Anustart89

Exactly, at what stage are clubs going to say enough is enough you can't work at McDonalds and get The Ritz wages just because you were employed there once.
If the Ritz willingly signed a contract guaranteeing someone a certain wage over the duration of the contract then that person would probably feel entitled to those wages over that time period, even if The Ritz told him to feck off halfway through the duration of that contract.

The clubs have nothing to do with it. Maguire has a contract and is entitled to choose to honour that for whatever reason (happy at the club, unhappy with terms offered elsewhere, happy with living in Manchester etc etc etc). He's well within his rights to not lose out on millions of quid just because the club that signed a contract with him have decided that he's not good enough.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
He was always the same player. What changed was Ole's gameplan. As soon as we stopped playing defensive counter attacking football he got completely exposed.
There’s a rumour (no more than that) around the City Ground that we may go for him. He’d be part of a back 3 with Niakhate and Filipe that play a low block counter attacking style. If the money is doable It just might work.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Just to remind us of his level.

Some of these are stone cold classics. Lest anyone start getting nostalgic and sympathetic about him or entertaining the notion of keeping him.

Last edited:

dubplate warrior

Honestly, reading the Whitwell article saying he wants to stay is so annoying. Please get the message and leave the club.

JuriM

Why would he? He gets paid well and played still and also Southgate keeps picking him for the National team despite how much he plays not like he did with Sancho or some other player back then. He doesn't seem like a person who wants to play at any cost.

L1nk

More than anyone I want him gone. I get bad feelings everytime he steps on the pitch you just know some calamity at the back is going to happen

noodlehair

"It's like..."

Just to remind us of his level.

Some of these are stone cold classics. Lest anyone start getting nostalgic and sympathetic about him or entertaining the notion of keeping him.

See I don't dislike him and you could argue you can make videos like this of any player who's played often enough to make mistakes, but the problem with Maguire is videos like this just do kind of sum him up. If he plays you can expect stuff like this to happen. He looks 3-4 levels below everyone else on the pitch and him playing well is him getting through a game where that doesn't become apparent in the scoreline. He was ok at Leicester but over time players and scouts will figure you out and you have to be good enough to then react and adapt. Not spin slowly around in a circle 3 times then accidentally get your own team mate into a headlock.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The other clubs just need to make bids and we just need to publicly accept them.

We did this dance with Andreas Pereira last summer before he got the message.

glasgow 21

Brother, please just go
Meanwhile, Newcastle are apparently trying hi jack Kim Min jae's deal. They are currently offering Kim's cousin's, father's, sister 3 apartments in Dubia as part a a steal deal.

CloneMC16

The money is too good to leave. He will never get elsewhere what he gets here.

romufc

How can he want to stay, its not like previous regime's where the manager has said he wants players to stay and will be needed. Ten Hag has made it CLEAR that he is 3rd choice CB at RCB behind Varane and Lindelof and he cannot play LCB under him.

So its either, he is happy with league cup games and the odd appearance and takes the wage.

He is basically admitting he is a poor defender, one with actual belief would leave and want to play weekly.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
See I don't dislike him and you could argue you can make videos like this of any player who's played often enough to make mistakes, but the problem with Maguire is videos like this just do kind of sum him up. If he plays you can expect stuff like this to happen. He looks 3-4 levels below everyone else on the pitch and him playing well is him getting through a game where that doesn't become apparent in the scoreline. He was ok at Leicester but over time players and scouts will figure you out and you have to be good enough to then react and adapt. Not spin slowly around in a circle 3 times then accidentally get your own team mate into a headlock.
Problem is, you can make a comp of mistakes but at some point, when the video can be Xmins long and each on is a huge error, then you start to realise you can't make a cake without ingredients.

Just Hope

How can he want to stay, its not like previous regime's where the manager has said he wants players to stay and will be needed. Ten Hag has made it CLEAR that he is 3rd choice CB at RCB behind Varane and Lindelof and he cannot play LCB under him.

So its either, he is happy with league cup games and the odd appearance and takes the wage.

He is basically admitting he is a poor defender, one with actual belief would leave and want to play weekly.
Like Gollum and his ring, he stumbled into something precious that he doesn't want to let go off.

Please Harry, just go.

Cloud7

As I said when Bale did similar to Madrid, a player is totally entitled to sit on their contract and earn their wages. I would never say they are wrong for that.

However if the club does wish to move him on and he refuses then he should be exiled to the reserves or wherever.

James35

As I said when Bale did similar to Madrid, a player is totally entitled to sit on their contract and earn their wages. I would never say they are wrong for that.

However if the club does wish to move him on and he refuses then he should be exiled to the reserves or wherever.
Or knowing this club the spin will be EtH never wanted him to leave and he is an integral part of the squad next season and remains club captain.

AFC NimbleThumb

If he doesn’t play all next year even Southgate will find it near enough impossible to pick him.

This coming out now sounds like him saying pay me what you owe me & I’m off, otherwise. . . threaten to stay.

He will not be here next season but we’ll be paying for the mistake that was buying him in the first place for the pleasure.

hobbers

If he refuses to leave I hope his England career completely implodes. It wont of course, Southgate would never risk playing a good centreback who gets regular football.

Also, if we cant get rid of him he has to be stripped of captaincy. Symbolic role or not it would be rank insanity to give club captaincy to a fourth choice player who you have publicly tried to get rid of.

FerociousCorgis

I just find it hard to believe he seriously would try and stay after the previous year. Southgate did make a comment too that he needs to start playing more or else his spot would be in trouble. Hope just the club working to keep his value up as much as possible or something idk. If he refuses to go then you strip the C and put his ass in reserves

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I thought we were paying him 10 million to leave? Or is he wanting more now?
The way we handle player transfers and contracts is downright embarrassing. A Sunday league club would do a better job with 0.001 percent of the resources we have.

edgecutter

If he stays he's going to get a very poor reaction from united fans. He should know that he is finished here, but Ed Woodward is a fecking clown who gave a stupid contract.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Boot him down to the reservers or whatever the equvilient is now. Cheeky fecker.
Anyhow Southgate was still to start him after that, I swear there'd be hell to pay! I'd love it if ten Hag did a Phil Jones and kicked him out of the first team dressing room.

If Maguire reckons he's so good, he should make a new start elsewhere. At least we know he's got zero chance of fighting his way back into the team...that's some consolation.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Maybe he believes he can reset after last season and wants to fight for his place.

When players fans like leave they're judas cnuts. When players fans don't like want to honour their contracts they're delusional cnuts.

If this is true, then he should be ready for a huge negativity from the fans. He can stay legally, sure. We can continue to voice our opinion of him too.
I'd love it if ten Hag did a Phil Jones and kicked him out of the first team dressing room.

If Maguire reckons he's so good, he should make a new start elsewhere. At least we know he's got zero chance of fighting his way back into the team...that's some consolation.
I think he should leave to, but why people have such hatred and wish such ill on our own players I'll never understand.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I think he should leave to, but why people have such hatred and wish such ill on our own players I'll never understand.
If Wayne Rooney can get dog's abuse on here, I don't why you're so surprised at Maguire? Why single him out when he gets nowhere near the abuse that Martial, Fred and Sancho gets. And before that, Pogba's was ridiculous.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
If Wayne Rooney can get dog's abuse on here, I don't why you're so surprised at Maguire? Why single him out when he gets nowhere near the abuse that Martial, Fred and Sancho gets. And before that, Pogba's was ridiculous.
As I said, I don't understand any of our player's getting the levels of vitriol some do. The abuse Maguire gets is way more personal than Fred, Martial or Sancho.

Rooney flirted with the rivals but is a genuine club legend.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Completely agree. Right now, he doesn't have much of a compelling reason to want to leave - sure, he won't be playing every game, but he's still a member of the squad and over the course of a 60 game season, that'll translate to plenty of football.

Stripping him of his first team status and privileges would help force the issue. The message it would send is "we can't make you leave, but you won't play a single minute if you stay".

Baxquux

He should (a) have enough professional pride to accept that he just doesn't have the profile to play important (or even most of the 'less challenging') games for us, given his style, and that a season spent on sidelines or disrupting our play when he's called upon is no way to be remembered or spend the latter years of his 'peak'... and (b) exercise his quite legitimate right to go out on the best possible terms (highest profile club, best pay offer) available out of the ones his agent has sounded out.

He'd be better than fine for Spurs if they're playing a back 3, or could have a Smalling style renaissance in Italy if he moves there, but for a high-pressing side with league-challenging aspirations, he's barely suitable except if you're playing Ole-ball (whose ceiling we've seen already).

Status
Not open for further replies.