Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Because just like how people look for reasons to blame Maguire for goals, they also look for reasons to hate on him. Then they wonder why his confidence is so low...
:rolleyes: yes, nothing to do with his poor form and mental fragility

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not possibly, Simone Stone confirmed Maguire and Ronaldo had an issue due to the captaincy
Wasn't sure if it had been confirmed by someone that legit.

In that case it does matter for us. It shouldn't, but it does.

FujiVice

Its not real. Maguire hasnt liked anything. Its a shit stirrer and fan channels have jumped on it, because they dont have to adhere to normal standards of journalistic credibility.

Savlehest

Instead of wasting massive money on "lucky" punch players - we should start with just selling all the toxic players in the locker room. I dont care if its Ronaldo, Lingard, Shaw or Maguire. We cant afford to rebuild a new team on a structure of massive egos, who cant set the team over themselves. All that on top of his poor performances last season, he should just be sold with a huge loss.

How can you possibly say it's not Goldbridge stirring? That's totally what it is and the muppets are eating it up. The article says that Ronaldo isn't happy about United players wages being cut, not just that his own wages were cut. By liking it, I would read that as Maguire isn't happy about it either. So he agrees with Ronaldo. it's not Maguire saying "yay our wages are cut" or "yay Ronaldo's wages are cut" like Goldbridge makes it seem...
Goldbridge loves to stir for sure because controversy and using clickbait headlines earns him more followers and earnings. However, I would disagree that it is just Maguire supporting or agreeing with Ronaldo being unhappy with wage cuts. There have been too many stories of him and Ronaldo not getting on to believe that his intentions are completely innocent. It can be read both ways and I would assume that his intention is to be ambiguous.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It’s a really stupid thing to do but the fact Goldbridge and his gaggle of pitchfork bellends are more upset about Maguire liking a post suggesting Ronaldo wants out due to only making 380k than Ronaldo refusing to turn up for training and trying to force his way to Chelsea pretty much sums up everything about them.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Let's look at this for a second and read what it actually says (and not just listen to what Goldbridge tells you to think)

Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly "upset" with 25% wage cut ALL PLAYERS RECEIVED when they failed to qualify for next seasons Champions League

So is this Maguire "liking" that Ronaldo got a wage cut like Goldbridge is spinning it? Read it again. I put the main part in all caps.

By "liking" it, Maguire is AGREEING with Ronaldo. In other words, he doesn't like it either. But because it's Maguire, it's been spun into something that it isn't.

Think for yourself and stop being muppets. Maguire did absolutely nothing wrong here

Amarsdd

:lol: honestly, the lot moaning about this should really get a feckin life.

mu4c_20le

When your own fans are constantly trolling you and looking for reasons to blame you for pretty much everything, how would you be?
Can you picture the likes of Keane, Vidic and Rooney being upset because of online trolling?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Goldbridge loves to stir for sure because controversy and using clickbait headlines earns him more followers and earnings. However, I would disagree that it is just Maguire supporting or agreeing with Ronaldo being unhappy with wage cuts. There have been too many stories of him and Ronaldo not getting on to believe that his intentions are completely innocent. It can be read both ways and I would assume that his intention is to be ambiguous.
Read it again...it says Ronaldo isn't happy that ALL PLAYERS got a wage cut. By liking it, he's not happy with it either. There is no spin needed here. He's agreeing that he doesn't like it either...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Can you picture the likes of Keane, Vidic and Rooney being upset because of online trolling?
So you think everyone is the same and should all act the same? Got it. You also think it's ok to be trolled online constantly by your own fans and to be constantly heckled by your own fans? Give your head a shake

Based Adnan

Whether he meant it in support of Ronnie or to go against him it doesn't matter. It's still shit stirring and attracting unnecessary attention from the supposed captain of the club.

The sooner he's stripped of the captaincy the better.

Read it again...it says Ronaldo isn't happy that ALL PLAYERS got a wage cut. By liking it, he's not happy with it either. There is no spin needed here. He's agreeing that he doesn't like it either...
I have read it, which is why my point was that people could read into his "like" in different ways. If it is clear as you mention that he's agreeing with Ronaldo about all players getting a wage cut then why has he unliked it now? We can only make assumptions, not know for sure the intentions of others.

romufc

Because just like how people look for reasons to blame Maguire for goals, they also look for reasons to hate on him. Then they wonder why his confidence is so low...
This is exactly what this is, he liked a post about Ronaldo's wages, he doesn't deserve to be captain. Get a grip, its a sportsbible post on Instagram. Narrative FC at it again

The hatred for Maguire is at a different level, I know alot of United fans do not want the team to succeed, otherwise there wouldn't be this much negativity around a player going into a new season with a coach.

I can see alot of fans who said "back the manager" in the first two weeks calling him out if Maguire starts.

You know what the narrative will be? "Fletcher is calling the shots", "Glazers have told Ten Hag, he has to start Maguire"

The other day I saw Goldrbidge tweet saying Fletcher pulling strings because there was an article about Ten Hag wanting to keep McTominay.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I have read it, which is why my point was that people could read into his "like" in different ways. If it is clear as you mention that he's agreeing with Ronaldo about all players getting a wage cut then why has he unliked it now? We can only make assumptions, not know for sure the intentions of others.
If he unliked it, it's probably because the Goldbridge muppets have been freaking out. If the article said "Ronaldo is upset because of his 25% wage cut..." and Maguire liked it, then I could see that people might try and spin the like into a negative. But it didn't say that (thought Goldbridge will have his muppets think that's what it said". It said that Ronaldo wasn't happy about the pay cut all the players received. By liking that, Maguire is agreeing with him. He doesn't like it either. There is no spin from me. That's exactly what it means to like that statement. Only a muppet would listen to Goldbridge and spin it the way it's been spun...

DevTheRed

He shouldn’t be liking it regardless of the reason. He’s the captain of Manchester United for gods sake.. he’s reducing himself to liking an instagram post from ‘Sportbible’ (awful page) about a fellow teammate.

If he has a problem talk to Ronaldo directly, don’t like something on Instagram for the world to see.. it’s so irresponsible and just drama that isn’t needed for the new manager.

OL29

Just another in the list of endless examples of why this guy shouldn't be captain, regardless of what his fanclub say.

evil_geko

So much drama over a liked instagram post, such drama queens modern football fans are ffs. :lol:

Stadjer

Dont really think it means much but i suppose it would be smarter to not like Sportbible posts. However being smart (on and off the field) is not one of Maguire his strenghts. Is it common for footballers to like things on social media? I know its a thing to like other footballers their #BLESSED pictures, influencer-like pictures and stuff like that but dont footballers usually stay away from liking social media pages related to football?

romufc

So much drama over a liked instagram post, such drama queens modern football fans are ffs. :lol:
I can't believe this is actually a thing, even journalists like Simone Stone are reporting this. Its an actual joke, he liked an instagram post, some fans are acting as if he has come out and said something in an interview against Ronaldo.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Mark Goldbridge (Not his actual name) is one of the biggest reasons this fanbase has become so toxic.

He's a reactionary cretin that changes his mind like the wind. He was twerking for Poch in November/December and now he pretends that it's always been Ten Hag and that the club would have been making a huge mistake to go for Poch.

How anyone takes the guy seriously is beyond me. I realise not everyone who watches his nonsense does so but many still do.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I can't believe this is actually a thing, even journalists like Simone Stone are reporting this. Its an actual joke, he liked an instagram post, some fans are acting as if he has come out and said something in an interview against Ronaldo.
He's the club captain and after all the "rumors" over the past year, to like that post is just a very stupid thing to do. Maguire is an idiot. That's it. He's dragging last season's problems into this pre season, souring the mood with dumb shit, and not acting like a club captain or a leader. Acting like a petty brat.

OpenIntrovert

The media just need fuel to increase the fire. They know that the instagram "like" does not mean anything but they need to sell "news". The media only does this because they know there are "fans" who just live on negative reactions.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If De Ligt to United is viable Maguire will be sacrificed

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
1) The post is about the whole team having their wage cut
2) Even if it is about Ronaldo and they don't get on.. why are people backing the guy who has openly said he doesn't want to be here and has missed 2 days of training over the club captain?

There's still people who don't think there is an agenda against Maguire :lol:.

Like somebody else said earlier on, if this was Ronaldo liking something perceived negative towards Maguire, then he'd be getting applauded and it would've all started with that twat Goldbridge

romufc

The media just need fuel to increase the fire. They know that the instagram "like" does not mean anything but they need to sell "news". The media only does this because they know there are "fans" who just live on negative reactions.
We have a supposedly tier one journalist reporting a player liked a sports bible post. How many players like posts all over the place. As I said before, this is an overreaction.

Matst1

Mark Goldbridge (Not his actual name) is one of the biggest reasons this fanbase has become so toxic.

He's a reactionary cretin that changes his mind like the wind. He was twerking for Poch in November/December and now he pretends that it's always been Ten Hag and that the club would have been making a huge mistake to go for Poch.

How anyone takes the guy seriously is beyond me. I realise not everyone who watches his nonsense does so but many still do.
His real name is Brett, ha!

No offense to anyone else out there who is called Brett..

DevTheRed

Just to put it out there.. I do think Goldbridge is an absolute tool. Not even convinced he’s a United supporter and has made a living out of moaning about United.. utter clickbait crap. It’s just how I first came across it.

Lyng

Ffs. Maybe it was just me but I felt like there was a sense of cautious optimism around the place the last few weeks. Ronaldo making it all about himself hurts, now our "captain" doing something small but stupid to just continue the in fighting. I would strip him of the captaincy right there since he clearly doesn't know how to he above the bullshit. Ideally, just get rid of both Maguire and Ronaldo and make it clear that there is no tolerance for this sort of bullshit.

Martinez coming in hopefully will mean Maguire gets benched. Though I'm sure he would be complaining quite a bit.
I have to agree with this. Get rid of both.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We have a supposedly tier one journalist reporting a player liked a sports bible post. How many players like posts all over the place. As I said before, this is an overreaction.
Players can like posts. Players shouldn't like posts fueling dissent within the squad, after it was supposed to be a clean break last season to this season to start fresh with a new group. Anyone caught up in last season's issues should feck off out of the club.

romufc

Players can like posts. Players shouldn't like posts fueling dissent within the squad, after it was supposed to be a clean break last season to this season to start fresh with a new group. Anyone caught up in last season's issues should feck off out of the club.
Right, so the players should focus on this new season and have a clean break but the fans cannot give players a clean break? Great logic.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Roy Keane and anyone who worked under him will tell you different. Do you not understand sports, or human nature?
And you think Keane would've been a different player or had less influence if Schmeichel or someone else was captain? You don't need the armband to be a leader. Schweinsteiger only became captain at Germany and Bayern after Lahm left, so he wasn't influential?

Status
Not open for further replies.