Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strootman's Finger

Mark Goldbridge (Not his actual name) is one of the biggest reasons this fanbase has become so toxic.

He's a reactionary cretin that changes his mind like the wind. He was twerking for Poch in November/December and now he pretends that it's always been Ten Hag and that the club would have been making a huge mistake to go for Poch.

How anyone takes the guy seriously is beyond me. I realise not everyone who watches his nonsense does so but many still do.
You seem to know a lot about him and his opinions

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
1) The post is about the whole team having their wage cut
2) Even if it is about Ronaldo and they don't get on.. why are people backing the guy who has openly said he doesn't want to be here and has missed 2 days of training over the club captain?

There's still people who don't think there is an agenda against Maguire :lol:.

Like somebody else said earlier on, if this was Ronaldo liking something perceived negative towards Maguire, then he'd be getting applauded and it would've all started with that twat Goldbridge
Because the club captain is acting like a twat? People shouldn't back either. They're both being horrible teammates and horrible representatives of the club. Both should get the boot. We would definitely be better off rebuilding without either of them anyway, but primarily that in fighting attitude where they let their issues spill with passive aggressive instagram activity is horrible and needs to repercussions.

yamo123x

....and herein starts the Maguire hating for this season... dont believe everything you read and see on social media FFS.

Strootman's Finger

And you think Keane would've been a different player or had less influence if Schmeichel or someone else was captain? You don't need the armband to be a leader. Schweinsteiger only became captain at Germany and Bayern after Lahm left, so he wasn't influential?
If there is/are natural leaders in the team that's one thing, because most people look to someone to follow, whether said person is an official leader, or natural leader, but who is a natural leader amongst this current United squad?

bosnian_red

Right, so the players should focus on this new season and have a clean break but the fans cannot give players a clean break? Great logic.
Sure everyone can and should have a clean break, provided they are committed to the club and working together. The second a player brings nonsense like this back in, they should get the boot right away as they're clearly incapable of moving on and getting past whatever issue there was.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
If there is/are natural leaders in the team that's one thing, because most people look to someone to follow, whether said person is an official leader, or natural leader, but who is a natural leader amongst this current United squad?
Lack of leadership is a valid concern, but that's really independent of choice of captain. It's just a piece of cloth around the arm ffs

bosnian_red

....and herein starts the Maguire hating for this season... dont believe everything you read and see on social media FFS.
What is there not to believe? He liked a post referencing Ronaldo being upset about his wage cut after all the news came out saying that the wage drop was one of the reasons he wanted to leave. After half a year of rumors that them 2 in particular didn't get along. He's the club captain. If there is an issue, he shouldn't be exposing it on fecking instagram, or continuing it with stupidity like this after we are in a new season.

Strootman's Finger

Sure everyone can and should have a clean break, provided they are committed to the club and working together. The second a player brings nonsense like this back in, they should get the boot right away as they're clearly incapable of moving on and getting past whatever issue there was.
Why should they all get clean breaks? They got clean brakes when Rangnick took over, and most of them failed miserably with that clean break. Shockingly, Maguire is one of the few that can probably hold his head up in terms of how he dealt with Rangnick. Not in terms of performance, but in terms of getting on board with Rangnick. Based on performance, I never want to see him play for United again.

Strootman's Finger

Lack of leadership is a valid concern, but that's really independent of choice of captain. It's just a piece of cloth around the arm ffs
Well I think we are bringing some potential natural leaders into the club, Eriksen will very much be a leader by example, as will Frenkie, until he gets the job official next summer.

bosnian_red

Why should they all get clean breaks? They got clean brakes when Rangnick took over, and most of them failed miserably with that clean break. Shockingly, Maguire is one of the few that can probably hold his head up in terms of how he dealt with Rangnick. Not in terms of performance, but in terms of getting on board with Rangnick. Based on performance, I never want to see him play for United again.
They get clean breaks because it's a new coaching staff and if they show the right attitude, then of course they'll get the chance to show their talent as well. Sometimes shit goes wrong. There's no point in holding grudges and saying "I never want to see them again", if the actual player is ready to move past it. Once they start bringing the issues back, then feck them. But generally, guys like Rashford or Martial who obviously were not good last season in any way, if they show they want to give 100% for the club and work their way back in, Ten Hag would be an idiot to cut them. You can't sell a whole squad and replace a whole squad in 1 window. If there is something you could potentially work with and the player is showing that they are willing and committed, then you run with that. If they're problematic still, you get rid.

mu4c_20le

It's a fact that he liked the controversial post on social media.. its also a fact that he cupped his ears after scoring againt San Marino to stick it to the 'haters'... sometimes he just doesnt help himself

Strootman's Finger

They get clean breaks because it's a new coaching staff and if they show the right attitude, then of course they'll get the chance to show their talent as well. Sometimes shit goes wrong. There's no point in holding grudges and saying "I never want to see them again", if the actual player is ready to move past it. Once they start bringing the issues back, then feck them. But generally, guys like Rashford or Martial who obviously were not good last season in any way, if they show they want to give 100% for the club and work their way back in, Ten Hag would be an idiot to cut them. You can't sell a whole squad and replace a whole squad in 1 window. If there is something you could potentially work with and the player is showing that they are willing and committed, then you run with that. If they're problematic still, you get rid.
That's BS, and any properly run club would have run half this squad out of town at the end of last season. They showed a completely shit attitude for an entire season. You're in Canada, do you remember getting up at 7 in the morning, pumped for the game, hoping we can pull off an important win to keep us in the CL, only for those tossers to play for 20 mins, then stroll around the pitch, lose the ball and just give up. Players that embarrassed us against Liverpool twice, City, Watford, Brighton, etc. De Gea, Ronaldo and Fred can hold their heads up high after last season, as for the rest, if I never see them play for United again I wouldn't lose a moments sleep.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Shaw is a natural leader at the club food court. He looks natural there and lead by example.

Strootman's Finger

Shaw is a natural leader at the club food court. He looks natural there and lead by example.
Funny, but actually reminded me of a situation that perfectly illustrates what I was talking about. When Ronaldo showed up last fall, when the team went for food, Ronaldo didn't eat his dessert, so a bunch of other players stopped eating dessert. He didn't tell them too, he just showed them the right thing to do, they recognized it, and followed.

RedorDead21

Keep him and hope his woes which seem to all stem back to his incident on holiday are just a long hiatus away from being a good footballer as opposed to what I suspect…he’s not a good footballer.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Funny, but actually reminded me of a situation that perfectly illustrates what I was talking about. When Ronaldo showed up last fall, when the team went for food, Ronaldo didn't eat his dessert, so a bunch of other players stopped eating dessert. He didn't tell them too, he just showed them the right thing to do, they recognized it, and followed.
I was just kidding about Shaw. That's a good story, bro. It's true that there's just a lack of leadership in this team. Or if there's one, he leads to disharmony or not being professional enough.

Although if we have a strong manager, others may look up to him and hopefully it's good enough.

City for example. I don't think they have strong leader there within the team. But Pep is such a charismatic manager.

bosnian_red

That's BS, and any properly run club would have run half this squad out of town at the end of last season. They showed a completely shit attitude for an entire season. You're in Canada, do you remember getting up at 7 in the morning, pumped for the game, hoping we can pull off an important win to keep us in the CL, only for those tossers to play for 20 mins, then stroll around the pitch, lose the ball and just give up. Players that embarrassed us against Liverpool twice, City, Watford, Brighton, etc. De Gea, Ronaldo and Fred can hold their heads up high after last season, as for the rest, if I never see them play for United again I wouldn't lose a moments sleep.
You're too emotional. That's not how life or football works. You can't sell a whole team. The attitude of "I never want to see them again" never happens. There were reasons for last season, it's in the past. We'll have like 10 players gone this season already, we have a lot of holes to plug before even getting into replacing players who are set to stay. The coaching staff will determine of each and every one of those players there can be a useful part of their squad, if they fit what they want to do, if they are committed mentally.... or will determine if they will cause issues off the pitch or won't play any part in the team, in which case they get rid. I guarantee you that last season's collapse (for a variety of reasons) will have very little to do with Ten Hag's decision. Sometimes a player and coach just don't get along. Sometimes the dynamic is just off and things go wrong, drastically wrong. Look at Spurs before and after Conte this year. Look at Chelsea with Mourinho and then Conte again the following year. If you as a manager can get a group of players to do what you want them to do, and can coexist as a team together, then quite simply they will stay.

TOKUGAWA-X

Captain Harry shouldnt apologize about his instagram like.

I am sure he feels the same way we do about Ronaldo, he is the captain and he also represents us, we the supporters.

Ronaldo has shown his true face and we and some players shouldnt be quiet about it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Looking forward to some improved displays next season.

Strootman's Finger

You're too emotional. That's not how life or football works. You can't sell a whole team. The attitude of "I never want to see them again" never happens. There were reasons for last season, it's in the past. We'll have like 10 players gone this season already, we have a lot of holes to plug before even getting into replacing players who are set to stay. The coaching staff will determine of each and every one of those players there can be a useful part of their squad, if they fit what they want to do, if they are committed mentally.... or will determine if they will cause issues off the pitch or won't play any part in the team, in which case they get rid. I guarantee you that last season's collapse (for a variety of reasons) will have very little to do with Ten Hag's decision. Sometimes a player and coach just don't get along. Sometimes the dynamic is just off and things go wrong, drastically wrong. Look at Spurs before and after Conte this year. Look at Chelsea with Mourinho and then Conte again the following year. If you as a manager can get a group of players to do what you want them to do, and can coexist as a team together, then quite simply they will stay.
They didn't even give Rangnick a chance, they downed tools in November and never looked back. That kind of shit attitude isn't going to be coached out. You are right, you can't replace a whole team in a summer, we probably need 3, but we won't win anything, or probably even some major results until the maority of them are replaced.

romufc

They didn't even give Rangnick a chance, they downed tools in November and never looked back. That kind of shit attitude isn't going to be coached out. You are right, you can't replace a whole team in a summer, we probably need 3, but we won't win anything, or probably even some major results until the maority of them are replaced.
It is a managers job to get players motivated. You are telling me 23 man squad, all of them had a shit attitude?

The players that were not playing, they would have been eager to impress, but the manager did not trust them.

You cannot replace the whole squad, we have already lost about 6/7 players, isnt that a start?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He's the club captain and after all the "rumors" over the past year, to like that post is just a very stupid thing to do. Maguire is an idiot. That's it. He's dragging last season's problems into this pre season, souring the mood with dumb shit, and not acting like a club captain or a leader. Acting like a petty brat.
Why was it stupid to like the post? Please don't let Goldbridge do your thinking for you and read what was actually said and what he actually liked. By liking the article Maguire is saying that he agrees with Ronaldo and that he doesn't like that they all took a 25% paycut. Goldbridge will have you thinking that Maguire liked that Ronaldo took a pay cut. That wasn't the case. Don't be a muppet. Think for yourself...

We need an rvn

I'm not one for social media as no one would find me interesting. I also get that many players have a platform and feel the need to share thoughts or post on it - some use it for good, others to promote their own or other products. Players like Pogba / Ronaldo etc earn £150k / £1m per sponsored post they make with the millions AND MILLIONS of followers watching.

I also don't mind any of our players liking a sensible post that other players, David Attenborough (just thinking of someone who uses their platform for good) etc have made. All of this does no harm to the squad harmony.

What I do have an issue with is when players, be it Maguire in this case, liking a post NOT posted by a teammate or club but by another poster about one of our players, the club, our situation etc without knowing f-all about it. Things can so easily be misread, taken the wrong way by either Ronaldo or the fans as to why they liked or disliked the post and just causes issues that don't need to happen. Who knows why he liked it but look at the attention it's received in the media and what ETH might get asked about at his next press conference - all because of one stupid like.

Just stick to playing!

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
He's only ever good in a team that plays on the break. My question is Why should we resort to a packing the bus team just to accommodate him?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
This is exactly what this is, he liked a post about Ronaldo's wages, he doesn't deserve to be captain. Get a grip, its a sportsbible post on Instagram. Narrative FC at it again

The hatred for Maguire is at a different level, I know alot of United fans do not want the team to succeed, otherwise there wouldn't be this much negativity around a player going into a new season with a coach.

I can see alot of fans who said "back the manager" in the first two weeks calling him out if Maguire starts.

You know what the narrative will be? "Fletcher is calling the shots", "Glazers have told Ten Hag, he has to start Maguire"

The other day I saw Goldrbidge tweet saying Fletcher pulling strings because there was an article about Ten Hag wanting to keep McTominay.
He did NOT like a post about Ronaldo's wages. He liked a post that said Ronaldo isn't happy that all of his team mates took a wage cut. Not that Ronaldo took a pay cut. This was not a shot at Ronaldo. This was Maguire agreeing with Ronaldo that he doesn't like it either. Who would? Would you like a 25% pay cut? Of course not...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
What is there not to believe? He liked a post referencing Ronaldo being upset about his wage cut after all the news came out saying that the wage drop was one of the reasons he wanted to leave. After half a year of rumors that them 2 in particular didn't get along. He's the club captain. If there is an issue, he shouldn't be exposing it on fecking instagram, or continuing it with stupidity like this after we are in a new season.
He did NOT like a post referring to Ronaldo's wage cut. He liked a post referring to the entire teams wage cut. He agreed with Ronaldo. Stop being a Goldbridge muppet

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Why was it stupid to like the post? Please don't let Goldbridge do your thinking for you and read what was actually said and what he actually liked. By liking the article Maguire is saying that he agrees with Ronaldo and that he doesn't like that they all took a 25% paycut. Goldbridge will have you thinking that Maguire liked that Ronaldo took a pay cut. That wasn't the case. Don't be a muppet. Think for yourself...
The fact its being discussed and reported on BBC is reason enough

Skills

Snitch
He's only ever good in a team that plays on the break. My question is Why should we resort to a packing the bus team just to accommodate him?
Because we spent £80m on him? And you've got to live with the decisions you make.

Cassidy

He did NOT like a post referring to Ronaldo's wage cut. He liked a post referring to the entire teams wage cut. He agreed with Ronaldo. Stop being a Goldbridge muppet
I will skip over the part about mind reading, but this is irrelevant.
Either he agrees with Ronaldo and so is disagreeing with the club, or he is doing what Goldbridge said. Neither is good, and neither should be done in public

MUFC OK

Simon is definitely not some hack who writes unsubstantiated rubbish
The story about the disagreement over the captaincy is the main one that stands out. If that's coming from Maguire then it's not unsubstantiated.

Fanta Stick

It is built into their contracts as I am sure it is with most top teams that they get hit with a defined % salary deduction the season after failing to qualify for Champions League.

So how can any player legitimately kick off when it is imposed?

Cassidy

The story about the disagreement over the captaincy is the main one that stands out. If that's coming from Maguire then it's not unsubstantiated.
I didn't say it was. I'm saying if Simon reported it, then its not unsubstantiated rubbish regardless

MUFC OK

I didn't say it was. I'm saying if Simon reported it, then its not unsubstantiated rubbish regardless
And I only said that Simon has Maguire's mobile number. The speed at which he reported that he liked the post "in error" is a giveaway.

DomM

oh god, I've just realised we have to watch play soon.

MUFC OK

It is built into their contracts as I am sure it is with most top teams that they get hit with a defined % salary deduction the season after failing to qualify for Champions League.

Ronaldo wants to leave because we are shit, have no prospect of challenging for the title and aren't in the champions league. The rumours about salary reduction, his girlfriend's unhappiness in Manchester (which will hit the news in the coming days/week), captaincy dispute or anything else are excuses, in my opinion.

JB7

Didn't realise a players social media was related to their performances. But any excuse to slate Maguire I guess? Can't wait for it all to be his fault whenever we don't win again, regardless of whether he's actually played in the match.

romufc

In the same way, Ronaldo was part of the dressing room last season, why can any player part of the squad that finished 6th kick off about lack of CL. They are all to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.