Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
Maguire hasn't played for 3 games so it's odd that people are still going out of their way to dump on him. Can't we just enjoy our current success and leave out the targeted criticism for a bit (given that it's irrelevant to our current form)?
Is the discussion in here not more about his future at United now?

Some people will still dump on him due to the bad taste he’s left in peoples mouths after the last season and a bit, he hasn’t helped himself with his comments either. From what I’ve seen it’s just people suggesting there’s no way for him to get back into this side under this manager.

JeffFromHK

He should play in the Europa League game midweek to let us see if he can redeem himself.

redcucumber

Is the discussion in here not more about his future at United now?

Some people will still dump on him due to the bad taste he’s left in peoples mouths after the last season and a bit, he hasn’t helped himself with his comments either. From what I’ve seen it’s just people suggesting there’s no way for him to get back into this side under this manager.
It largely is in here for the most part, to be fair. The Maguire hatred has definitely permeated through the entire fanbase, though, and still does to an extent. He's definitely the totem for everything that was previously wrong with the club (which I sort of get - overpriced, underperformer, questionable mentality) and it'd be really great if the personal memey stuff would die out. As you said, in this specific thread it's not actually that bad though which is good.

crossy1686

career ending
It largely is in here for the most part, to be fair. The Maguire hatred has definitely permeated through the entire fanbase, though, and still does to an extent. He's definitely the totem for everything that was previously wrong with the club (which I sort of get - overpriced, underperformer, questionable mentality) and it'd be really great if the personal memey stuff would die out. As you said, in this specific thread it's not actually that bad though which is good.
Oh for sure, he gets battered on social media also, I think a bunch of us have said previously though that he’d get way less stick if he wasn’t the captain. It’s a lightning rod position when you’re losing, people look for leadership and inspiration and all you get from him is looking at the floor when we concede, looking completely resigned to getting beat and saying we have to do better after the game. Admittedly some of the other players have hid behind him but he never should have been made captain in the first place.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Feel sorry for him now.

Should have left during the window but he probably knows he wont get to play at a club as big as this one ever again, hence why he’s still here.

Wish ETH could get a tune out of him and he could answer all his critics but I just dont see that fight in him, so relegated to the bench and secondary matches, he will only come in if a certain team plays to his limited strengths.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So your response is that you also abuse rashford.
No, my response to you as I've also questioned other Maguire sympathisers is were you this vociferous in the Pogba, Rashford, Fred, Martial, Shaw etc. threads? Or are you just acutely defensive where Maguire is concerned? And if so, why?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
No, my response to you as I've also questioned other Maguire sympathisers is were you this vociferous in the Pogba, Rashford, Fred, Martial, Shaw etc. threads? Or are you just acutely defensive where Maguire is concerned? And if so, why?
Just don’t abuse players, criticize their performances on field and stop there. Why is this simple fact so hard for you that you have to pull out another 50 different cases of what aboutisms?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feel sorry for him now.

Should have left during the window but he probably knows he wont get to play at a club as big as this one ever again, hence why he’s still here.

Wish ETH could get a tune out of him and he could answer all his critics but I just dont see that fight in him, so relegated to the bench and secondary matches, he will only come in if a certain team plays to his limited strengths.
He's ultimately not on the same level as Varane or Martinez. It's not even a controversial thing to say or a "maybe it's close" scenario where he can work his way in. He's not close to those 2 and the vast majority of managers would see it that way as well. Fitness and rotation is the only thing that will give Maguire gametime this year.

Trequarista10

I hope he does alright in Europa League games so his market value doesn't fall even further.

He'd be a good signing for certain midtable teams. Hopefully Maguire will value playing time and his England future to accept a pay cut and move on swiftly. Then we can look at some bringing in a young CB with high potential to take his place in the squad.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Just don’t abuse players, criticize their performances on field and stop there. Why is this simple fact so hard for you that you have to pull out another 50 different cases of what aboutisms?
Because unless your protestations are consistent elsewhere, your comments here mean jack.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Bloody hell, he is a walking disaster in defence. Needed 15 minutes to show all his "qualities". Slow, reckless and nervous

Tony247

I don't want him near the defense. My balls were in my mouth last 10 minutes.

Adamsk7

He was unbelievably bad. I guess it shouldn’t be a shock but I was shocked!

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Looked shaky

The yellow not really his fault. It,was a poor pass from Casemiro

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is absolutely terrible in one on one situations. He also brought nervousness in the defence immediately when he came on.

Dempsey19

Got a yellow card before even touching the ball.

Could of given away 2 pens.

I nearly shat myself everytime the ball went near him. He's a walking disaster.

Biggins

Why when he comes in or starts is there this nervousness in our defence?! Every time a ball is near him, I expect us to concede…

AndySmith1990

Watching Martinez and Varane recently has made me realise just how much I dislike Maguire in the team. I constantly feel nervous when he's on

TOKUGAWA-X

Maguire had a very decent 15 mins, ETH saw the opportunity to give him confidence and it was a success.

Based Adnan

Drop off is obvious. Anytime he's 1v1 he always looks to foul as he knows he's not got it in him.

kundalini

15 mins of chaos. What was that ? Did Ten Hag instruct him to keep the match interesting for the neutral fans watching on tv ?

Stadjer

Nervous is the right word i think. Whenever the ball goes near him i feel nervous. Dont trust him at all... Hopefully Martinez is alright

OL29

I’m all fairness to him, it’s very difficult for a sub to settle into a game played at that tempo

DickDastardly

He's coming off the bench purely because he's the captain and Erik wants to keep the peace.

Soon enough, he's getting demoted to 4th CB.

We always knew that.
It's good that our manager also sees that.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
15 mins is 15 mins too much. He shouldn’t even be on the bench unfortunaly.

stw2022

I’m all fairness to him, it’s very difficult for a sub to settle into a game played at that tempo
Not playing like a pissed washing machine shouldn't be too much to ask though

InfiniteBoredom

His yellow is on the hospital pass from Casemiro, but he just injects panic into everybody around him. Bodywrestle Jesus as well right after that, luckily after he’s headed the ball away, could’ve been a pen and 2nd yellow.

One injury to Licha or Varane and we are fecked, 80m down the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.