Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red-17

Joking as I said but I can imagine the abuse you'd be giving if he'd played. Probably blamed for all 6 goals such is the joke that you are.
I'm sure there would be a breakdown of how he was somehow the main man at fault for everyone of the goals regardless of the validity. Honestly, thank god he didn't play today because it would have been insuffrable. Yeah he hasn't been good, but it is funny how much criticism he gets in comparison to other players.

RopersReturn

I sense there’s a possibility he’ll hand in a transfer request (along with Ronaldo), come January. He’d be better off psychologically to look for another club.

Kostov

There is also a sorry bunch of fans delighted that we lost when he didnt play...
Maybe there are United fans that like us to lose, but there are definitely fans that would have been on Maguire's back if he performed like Varane and Martinez, yet they will tell you " Martinez was the best of a bad bunch".

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
There’s a sorry bunch of fans disappointed that he didn’t play in this game.
The joke is only allowed to be on Maguire by the police in this thread.

When he's on the bench and we win:

"Great performance from him, hahaha"
"We've lost every game he's played and won every game he hasn't, proves everything you need to know, haha"

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What the hell has happened in here? :lol:

He didn't even play yesterday yet his thread is the one most active!

Robbie Boy

The joke is only allowed to be on Maguire by the police in this thread.

When he's on the bench and we win:

"Great performance from him, hahaha"
"We've lost every game he's played and won every game he hasn't, proves everything you need to know, haha"
You're way too invested in Maguire mate.

Sooner he fecks off, the better, so people can calm the feck down.

Lentwood

What the hell has happened in here? :lol:

He didn't even play yesterday yet his thread is the one most active!
There are a few angry chaps who want to blame the world's problems on Harry Maguire. I think they get some kind of group therapy out of this thread.

From time-to-time, someone pops-up to suggest he might NOT be a Championship-level CB OR that maybe not all 1080 goals we have conceded in the Premier League since it started are his fault OR perhaps we're not Champions League winners in waiting if he were only consigned to the bench. Someone might say, for example, "our defensive problems are more complicated than it being all on Harry Maguire"

Then this person gets shouted at, abused, heckled etc...until they decide it's just not worth it and leave the thread. A few brave and/or foolish souls like @Leftback99 remain...he/she must be a glutton for punishment.

Now I have posted something which could have me labelled as a 'Maguire-lover' I am going to turn off notifications, DMs and hide behind the sofa before they come for me...

Leftback99

You're way too invested in Maguire mate.

Sooner he fecks off, the better, so people can calm the feck down.
No more than you. I agree he should leave, and that that people should calm down about him considering the reaction to a light hearted joke.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Maybe there are United fans that like us to lose, but there are definitely fans that would have been on Maguire's back if he performed like Varane and Martinez, yet they will tell you " Martinez was the best of a bad bunch".
When you look for something you will find it. Cassamiro loses the ball in a horrible area and leaves Maguire to give away a tactical foul and the Caf loses their shit. Martinez steps in clumsily and gives a foul away at the top of the box that nearly causes a goal (shot hits the outside of the post) and people will have you believe he was one of the best on the field...

AndySmith1990

This thread is a good example of why Internet discussions are so often shit and futile. It's nothing but an agenda driven point scoring contest in a never ending pursuit to prove the other side wrong

Robbie Boy

No more than you. I agree he should leave, and that that people should calm down about him considering the reaction to a light hearted joke.
I really don't give a flying wank about him tbh. I never joined one of the extreme Maguire camps, he's just too irrelevant.

You've been called out on bumping this thread twice and trying to wum. I think you are far too emotionally invested in the bloke.

Edit: Between this iteration and his last performance thread, I've posted 53 times while you've posted 143 times. Think it's clear who is overly invested in the chap.

Leftback99

I really don't give a flying wank about him tbh. I never joined one of the extreme Maguire camps, he's just too irrelevant.

You've been called out on bumping this thread twice and trying to wum. I think you are far too emotionally invested in the bloke.

Edit: Between this iteration and his last performance thread, I've posted 53 times while you've posted 143 times. Think it's clear who is overly invested in the chap.
Oh not your usual "I'm not in any camp" thing again. Always weirdly acting like you're above having an opinion either way.

I like that you had to go back a whole year. I couldn't care less myself. Just happens to be be a thread where I get a lot of response when I call out double standards. Many of you can't handle posts which suggest he might not be responsible for all our woes.

Robbie Boy

Oh not your usual "I'm not in any camp" thing again. Always weirdly acting like you're above having an opinion either way.

I like that you had to go back a whole year. I couldn't care less myself. Just happens to be be a thread where I get a lot of response when I call out double standards. Many of you can't handle posts which suggest he might not be responsible for all our woes.
Yeah, sorry bud, no camp here :drool:

I think you're confusing me with someone else :lol: I think he's fairly shite, but so be it; it is what it is. Just pointing out that you've been called out on your wummery, and you're way too emotionally invested in the bloke. It's odd.

Leftback99

Yeah, sorry bud, no camp here :drool:

I think you're confusing me with someone else :lol: I think he's fairly shite, but so be it; it is what it is. Just pointing out that you've been called out on your wummery, and you're way too emotionally invested in the bloke. It's odd.
The fact that just saying "bring him back" somehow is a wind up for people like you is hilarious and a sign of who really is 'emotionally invested' in him :lol:.

Robbie Boy

The fact that just saying "bring him back" somehow is a wind up for people like you is hilarious and a sign of who really is 'emotionally invested' in him :lol:.
I'm just laughing at you being called out for wumming and getting upset :lol:

Couldn't give a toss about the slabby lad.

Lyng

Maybe there are United fans that like us to lose, but there are definitely fans that would have been on Maguire's back if he performed like Varane and Martinez, .
Absolutely and rightfully so because our back 4 where bad yesterday. We brought on Lindelöf and Shaw and didnt improve. I was surprised to see people had picked Martinez for our best player. Noone in that defence did their job yesterday.
I think everyone knows my feelings about Maguire by now, and I am a big fan of Martinez. But yesterday was woeful from everyone in that defence and they should be heavily criticized.

Zippycup

Annoying thing is. He probaly would have been our best choice centre back yesterday given that we were set up to play counter attacking football

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Annoying thing is. He probaly would have been our best choice centre back yesterday given that we were set up to play counter attacking football
Whatever system we play Maguire will never be our best choice CB. Given time and space he may look half competent on the ball but City doesn't give time and space to any opposition player and he would of been roasted better than a Christmas turkey.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Everybody should be clear now about EtH's opinion on Maguire. He even had freaking Lindelof higher on CB's list. That should be an insult to any professional CB.

Chief123

The 3 fans who actually still think he’s good should get together in a WhatsApp group. The rest of the world that have accepted he’s rubbish should move on. Close thread.

spiriticon

Still would have conceded 6 though since he is individually nowhere near good enough to stop Erling Haaland

Tommy79

Not a chance Harry does that, no way - He would have to considerably drop his wage and I doubt he is willing
Jacob should leave if he wants to remain in the England first team, as waistcoat can't justify playing him when he can't get a game here, and that doesn't look likely unless both Rafa and Lindelof are out.

So for the sake of not even his England career but his club career, he should consider asking or handing in a request as I really can't see a way back and yes I know what ETH has said in public, but he hardly seems the type to hang a player out to dry in front of the media.

Last edited:

TsuWave

Hopefully we can move him on in January to scrounge up some funds for Gakpo. Newcastle might be a good shout for him

Status
Not open for further replies.