Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Player Agents: Triple S Sports
Squad Number: #5
Contract until: Jun 30, 2025
Contract option: Option for a further year
Outfitter: Puma​

copen1945

The ultimate political infighter. It was unlikely that he would win against Ronaldo, but he has. I hope Erik can tease out what Harry was a while back.

SAFMUTD

We're stuck with him until June 30th 2025 and not a single extra day if we're lucky.

DevTheRed

Our Captain liking an article on Instagram about Ronaldo’s cut wages. Doesn’t help himself does he? I get that most of our players pages are run by social media teams but you’d think they’d be more careful.

(I have double checked that he did actually like it and it’s not just Goldbridge stirring)

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

Our Captain liking an article on Instagram about Ronaldo’s cut wages. Doesn’t help himself does he? I get that most of our players pages are run by social media teams but you’d think they’d be more careful.

(I have double checked that he did actually like it and it’s not just Goldbridge stirring)
Liking doesn't necessarily mean an endorsement. For example a post by Washington Post reporting on a mass shooting gets liked thousands of times and that doesn't mean thousands endorse a mass shooting. It could mean they liked the news article providing information. This Youtube clown makes it look like Maguire is buying champagne and cake to everyone because Ronaldo's wages were cut. The lack of CL qualification means that even Maguire is losing 20% in wages.

romufc

This Youtube clown makes it look like Maguire is buying champagne and cake to everyone because Ronaldo's wages were cut. The lack of CL qualification means that even Maguire is losing 20% in wages.
Interestingly, he also stated that De Gea and Ronaldo (our two biggest earner's) shouldn't be deducted pay because they played well last season.

I mean this is a team game, if the team is not in the CL, then the team gets a pay cut, simple as that really.

Lyng

Liking doesn't necessarily mean an endorsement. For example a post by Washington Post reporting on a mass shooting gets liked thousands of times and that doesn't mean thousands endorse a mass shooting. It could mean they liked the news article providing information. This Youtube clown makes it look like Maguire is buying champagne and cake to everyone because Ronaldo's wages were cut. The lack of CL qualification means that even Maguire is losing 20% in wages.
The issues between Ronaldo and Maguire have been reported / rumoured for a while now.
Even if he didn't mean it like that it still adds wood to that rumour fire.

zenith

For a man with such a big head, he has a surprisingly little brain power

romufc

Why is everyone overreacting over a liked Instagram post?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Can't wait to see this guy gone. There's been loads of talk about how the team has had to change approach to play to Ronaldo's strengths and rightly so, but little on how Maguire's weaknesses will likely be unsuitable for Ten Hag's system.

At least Ronaldo was doing the business. This guy has been producing meme worthy performances and moments for the past year.

MUFC OK

Can't wait to see this guy gone. There's been loads of talk about how the team has had to change approach to play to Ronaldo's strengths and rightly so, but little on how Maguire's weaknesses will likely be unsuitable for Ten Hag's system.

At least Ronaldo was doing the business. This guy has been producing meme worthy performances and moments for the past year.
Forget what United fans think, he's widely regarded as the biggest embarrassment in world football after his on field/off field actions over the past year and a half.

romufc

You want Maguire as captain? He's terrible and cares mostly about trying to make himself look good.
No, I acutally dont care who the captain is. People acting as if changing the captain will change our fortunes are deluded. However; people saying get rid of captaincy from Maguire to Ronaldo are just even worse actually.

This guy cares nothing but himself. That is not captain material.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The only thing that's worse than his football ability is his decision-making and general pathetic prettiness.

If we start the season with him as captain, nothing has changed.

R'hllor

Yea he liked the article that provided a info and he certainly didnt like the content of the article, yep must be that.

MalaysianRed7

It’s just liking an Instagram post, he probably doesn’t even know he did it.

MUFC OK

It doesn't matter one iota who's captain
It does as you'd expect the captain to be the figurehead of the team and to start most matches when fit. My concern isn't whether he's captain, I think he should be sold.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
United players would feel 'liberated' if Ronaldo leaves... the leakers were supposed to all be gone right?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ffs. Maybe it was just me but I felt like there was a sense of cautious optimism around the place the last few weeks. Ronaldo making it all about himself hurts, now our "captain" doing something small but stupid to just continue the in fighting. I would strip him of the captaincy right there since he clearly doesn't know how to he above the bullshit. Ideally, just get rid of both Maguire and Ronaldo and make it clear that there is no tolerance for this sort of bullshit.

Martinez coming in hopefully will mean Maguire gets benched. Though I'm sure he would be complaining quite a bit.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It doesn't matter one iota who's captain
Agree, it absolutely doesn't. Unless the players treat it like it matters and it becomes a source of friction, which is possibly the case with us.

Idxomer

Yea he liked the article that provided a info and he certainly didnt like the content of the article, yep must be that.
Maybe he's sympathizing with Ronaldo because his wages are also cut.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Agree, it absolutely doesn't. Unless the players treat it like it matters and it becomes a source of friction, which is possibly the case with us.
Not possibly, Simone Stone confirmed Maguire and Ronaldo had an issue due to the captaincy

jameyzane

Say what you want, it's a conversation now and the English press is leaking their lips again days before preason starts. The United House of Mickey Mouse never fails to deliver fun and lots of thrills.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

How can you possibly say it's not Goldbridge stirring? That's totally what it is and the muppets are eating it up. The article says that Ronaldo isn't happy about United players wages being cut, not just that his own wages were cut. By liking it, I would read that as Maguire isn't happy about it either. So he agrees with Ronaldo. it's not Maguire saying "yay our wages are cut" or "yay Ronaldo's wages are cut" like Goldbridge makes it seem...

Status
Not open for further replies.