Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Surely these quotes can't be Maguire's line of thinking. When he was getting selected, he believed himself to still be doing something right, hence why he's selected.

Now that he's been dropped, he must have come to the conclusion that he's not performed up to standards?

Right?

JagUTD

Putting 2 and 2 together here but as these quotes have come out while Maguire is with the England camp, is it possible that he's been talking with others in the England camp and they've gone to the press in an attempt to stir the pot?

Cloud7

Is there a reason so many people thinknthat the only source a joirnalist can ever get close to a player is the player himself?
People don’t like reading anything negative so they try to make it out that everything is a lie unless it’s said directly by the player or a quoted source

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
No offense and as lovely as that story may be, I doubt he'd go there to fight relegation. Everton, West Ham, Newcastle are all possible destinations for him.
I don't see Moyes or Howe being interested in Harry but yes I could see Frank being all in on him and maybe Villa might be interested.
My Leicester comment was a bit of a joke .. I'm sure he has zero interest in returning.

Greck

This guy being our captain is the peak of Ole's tenure. So many out of depth decisions because they saw Fergie do it once. Like how can you choose this guy to be captain before even seeing how he meshes with the dressing room. It was a big break it didn't destroy the dressing room immediately but even that eventually blew up in our faces after last season's captaincy drama. He clearly had little influence in the dressing room.

We created the most entitled local core imaginable treating them like the starting XI was their birth right. I still have to pinch myself when I think about Henderson's quotes. Let's also remind ourselves Maguire has only been out of the XI for a couple games. It's a rotation level talent being treated like a rotation player.

Grande

People don’t like reading anything negative so they try to make it out that everything is a lie unless it’s said directly by the player or a quoted source
That sounds wildly unlikely and quite a bit conspiratorial. That’s about how a 200 BC rethorician would try to make the case ‘any speculation and any rumour should be treated as plain fact’.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A lot of ex players have spoke about how Keane's mentality propelled the team. I just can't see how a group led by a player with this mentality achieves anything. This is peak "woe is me".

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This comes from Maguire and is consistent to what he did in the past including having his agent call Rio so he would stop slagging him on the media or the way he celebrated the goal against Albania. The reality is that some players aren't cut for top level football. They lack the quality and they lack the spine to play at a club were you have to win every single game. Taibi was like that and SAF noticed it the moment the Italian was pointing at his studs after failing to save that humiliating shot. Maguire should have never come at United let alone be made the most expensive CB + captain. That's on Cardiff. Its time we get rid off him, quickly, before he stinks his way to a departure driving his value to crap in the process.

kaku06

I feel triggered by reading this. Somebody kidnap Chiellini and force him to watch our matches because he clearly didn’t and make him actually see how our marvellous Captain Maguire marshals our defence. The bald beaky cnut would be ashamed to lie again.

devilish

This guy being our captain is the peak of Ole's tenure. So many out of depth decisions because they saw Fergie do it once. Like how can you choose this guy to be captain before even seeing how he meshes with the dressing room. It was a big break it didn't destroy the dressing room immediately but even that eventually blew up in our faces after last season's captaincy drama. He clearly had little influence in the dressing room.

We created the most entitled local core imaginable treating them like the starting XI was their birth right. I still have to pinch myself when I think about Henderson's quotes. Let's also remind ourselves Maguire has only been out of the XI for a couple games. It's a rotation level talent being treated like a rotation player.
Henderson's ability to pick the ball from the net is top top class. He's the reverse Schmeichel.

devilish

I feel triggered by reading this. Somebody kidnap Chiellini and force him to watch our matches because he clearly didn’t and make him actually see how our marvellous Captain Maguire marshals our defence. The bald beaky cnut would be ashamed to lie again.
Chiellini is an insanely good man. There's a parody channel whose very popular in Italy which is called autogol (own goal) and they portray him as a player whose so obsessed about football that he'd rather do pre season training then have sex with his wife. Chiellini even participated in these parody videos as well. Don't expect him to say bad stuff against people. See him as an Ole without his history of destroying the club he loved with his incompetence.

Monks_United

It doesn't matter whether the "sources close to Maguire" are made up or not. The fact that the piece from Ogden actually puts De Gea's name out there means that Maguire needs to (more so because he is a captain but should have been expected to do so irrespective) come out and rubbish the reports if he doesn't actually hold the opinion and hasn't had his close aides go out and give these quotes. If he doesn't do so then irrespective of whether he actually came out with this BS or not, he should just be booted out of the squad and not just the captaincy. Can go and play for the U21s the rest of his time here and hope to hell they provide him with the "pace" around him that he needs to thrive lest he starts shipping goals in the reserves and starts blaming the coaches and the players there as well !

little.triangles

Chiellini is an insanely good man. There's a parody channel whose very popular in Italy which is called autogol (own goal) and they portray him as a player whose so obsessed about football that he'd rather do pre season training then have sex with his wife. Chiellini even participated in these parody videos as well. Don't expect him to say bad stuff against people. See him as an Ole without his history of destroying the club he loved with his incompetence.
Don't expect Chiellini to say bad stuff about people?

I present to you the most glorious put-down in football history:

devilish

Don't expect Chiellini to say bad stuff about people?

I present to you the most glorious put-down in football history:
He didn't say anything that is insulting there or who is directed towards to a specific player. Tottenham do create alot of chances and they do fail.

devilish

It doesn't matter whether the "sources close to Maguire" are made up or not. The fact that the piece from Ogden actually puts De Gea's name out there means that Maguire needs to (more so because he is a captain but should have been expected to do so irrespective) come out and rubbish the reports if he doesn't actually hold the opinion and hasn't had his close aides go out and give these quotes. If he doesn't do so then irrespective of whether he actually came out with this BS or not, he should just be booted out of the squad and not just the captaincy. Can go and play for the U21s the rest of his time here and hope to hell they provide him with the "pace" around him that he needs to thrive lest he starts shipping goals in the reserves and starts blaming the coaches and the players there as well !
Its evident that he's trying to stink the place so we sell him on cheap/loan him. Someone like Maguire won't accept the bench. That's why we need a top DOF ie someone who would ask ETH if he is planning to play Maguire regularly and act accordingly.

little.triangles

He didn't say anything that is insulting there or who is directed towards to a specific player. Tottenham do create alot of chances and they do fail.
"History of the Tottenham" is a very clear and implied insult about Tottenham being big-time bottlers.

Kostov

The last thing he should be doing is going out and looking for excuses in other players. Yes DDG might do better, Lindelof also, but Harry you were absolute dogshit on your own merit, nobody else's fault. Shit mentality if true.

devilish

The last thing he should be doing is going out and looking for excuses in other players. Yes DDG might do better, Lindelof also, but Harry you were absolute dogshit on your own merit, nobody else's fault. Shit mentality if true.
It's evident that he is pushing the club to sell him

little.triangles

Its a factual statement and a bitter truth. There was no malice intended.
Would it be an insult if the description is a matter of historical fact?
Historical facts when articulated in a certain way can be insulting. When else have we ever heard an opposing player mention the history of another club in a negative light? Perhaps Chiellini did not set out with the intention of insulting Tottehnam--though your guesses are good as mine here--but the words he used were certainly insulting indeed. He essentially attributed to Tottenham an intrinsic ability to fail, irrespective of era, players, or managers. If that's not insulting, I don't know what is.

EDIT: I won't derail this thread any further.

Last edited:

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
It does seem as though Maguire's PR team have gotten in contact with Chiellini with a brown evolop to say this, Surely for someone like Chiellini who himself was a fantastic passionate defender knows Maguire isn't good enough.

And why is this coming out after the earlier quote from source close to Maguire, this just look like a PR stunt to make those slanging him look cluess because a top defender like Chiellini thinks he's good.

RopersReturn

Ole done us up like a kipper with 130 mill on 2 defenders who are shit in different ways. Take the armband off Maguire and tell him he will rot on the bench. Bring him on for the last 2 minutes every game and get shut of WB and Maguire in the summer.
Hear, Hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.