Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

It does seem as though Maguire's PR team have gotten in contact with Chiellini with a brown evolop to say this, Surely for someone like Chiellini who himself was a fantastic passionate defender knows Maguire isn't good enough.

And why is this coming out after the earlier quote from source close to Maguire, this just look like a PR stunt to make those slanging him look cluess because a top defender like Chiellini thinks he's good.
Chances are, he hasn’t watched him play aside from their head to head game in the final of Euros, where Maguire was quite good.

Monks_United

Its evident that he's trying to stink the place so we sell him on cheap/loan him. Someone like Maguire won't accept the bench. That's why we need a top DOF ie someone who would ask ETH if he is planning to play Maguire regularly and act accordingly.
I think they would sell Harry in the winter or summer if they could get a reasonable fee for him. Might have even sold him last summer if not for the fact they there were already too many areas where they needed to recruit players and I guess they decided to not go through the drama of trying to sell him because noone would have bought him after his horror show over the past 12 months or so. Ten Hag then gave him enough rope to hang himself by starting him in the first couple of games.

Trouble is that its unlikely anyone ever pays a half decent fee for him because of his wages, age and performances. Only real hope is that Southgate continues to start him in the WC in a three man defense and are able to stink their way into a semi finals or something which prompts someone into the "post world cup pay silly money for shit players" syndrome (otherwise known as the Kleberson effect).

sugar_kane

Over the past year or so I’ve felt a bit sorry for Maguire, he clearly can’t handle the pressure of playing for United, let alone the captaincy and the price tag clearly weighs heavy.

He’s been approaching not quite Phil Jones level of meme but he’s on that trajectory.

The Greece thing was also a bit grim, and regardless of how culpable he was it sounded horrible and he was clearly shook by it.

He’s also been undermined (as well as seemingly dislikes) by a significant chunk of his dressing room, the players led by Ronaldo going to Rangnick and excluding him was really out of order.

I also think he’s a way better player than given credit for, he most likely just needs a fresh start elsewhere and to step out of the red hot United limelight and get back to delivering solid performances.

With leaks like these recent ones though he can get fecked. He clearly has a huge eho on him and is delusional. I’m not too bothered about the De Gea criticism (I don’t think he’s wrong, he just shouldn’t be leaking it) but the comment about City/Dias shows there is no saving this guy.

He pissed me off equally with the stupid celebration against Albania, coming during the middle of a crisis for United and he was playing shit, but have since put that down to him just being gormless.

These leaks though suggest maybe there is a sneakier, ego-driven element at play.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think they would sell Harry in the winter or summer if they could get a reasonable fee for him. Might have even sold him last summer if not for the fact they there were already too many areas where they needed to recruit players and I guess they decided to not go through the drama of trying to sell him because noone would have bought him after his horror show over the past 12 months or so. Ten Hag then gave him enough rope to hang himself by starting him in the first couple of games.

Trouble is that its unlikely anyone ever pays a half decent fee for him because of his wages, age and performances. Only real hope is that Southgate continues to start him in the WC in a three man defense and are able to stink their way into a semi finals or something which prompts someone into the "post world cup pay silly money for shit players" syndrome (otherwise known as the Kleberson effect).
They should have told him that he is not wanted this summer and we should aided him to leave. It would have been beneficial for both parties. United need to be able to handle many transfers at once

devilish

I don't think he is trying to do that. But if true it's probably for the best.
If he isn't then he would shut his gob like Lindelof does. Players engage in this sort of crap to push for a transfer

jameyzane

The English contingent at United are a huge problem. When is this going to be clear enough? Maguire leaks, Rashford leaks last time. What is going on? Bloody hell!

devilish

The English contingent at United are a huge problem. When is this going to be clear enough? Maguire leaks, Rashford leaks last time. What is going on? Bloody hell!
That what happens when playing for a given club shifts from a privilege to birth right

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Brandon Williams looks either drunk or on something else.
Looks completely smashed doesn’t he?!
he's doing an interview at a boxing event and he's clearly been drinking.

Didn't really say anything bad but you can tell by the way he's hyperboling he's pretty pissed.

Everything he says is pretty much what the club will teach him anyway.

phelans shorts

he's doing an interview at a boxing event and he's clearly been drinking.

Didn't really say anything bad but you can tell by the way he's hyperboling he's pretty pissed.

Everything he says is pretty much what the club will teach him anyway.
Yeah, he’s clearly sloshed and to be fair, given he’s famously a footballer who has no interest in football beyond it being his job he isn’t going to listen to fan critiques. Nothing wrong with anything in that.

Grande

There are a thousand journalists, freelancers, vloggers and tweet handles whose sole means for living is digging up, speculating or inventing ‘newslike’ stories about football players. Their interest in the English players is tenfold that of anybody else.

A ‘leak’ is an employed who tells outsiders of things that she has agreed upon not telling. Leaked information forms about a hundreth part of a journalists output of information. On twitter, you can narrow that down to a millionth, probably.

devilish

Yeah, he’s clearly sloshed and to be fair, given he’s famously a footballer who has no interest in football beyond it being his job he isn’t going to listen to fan critiques. Nothing wrong with anything in that.
Times had really changed. There were a time when squad players would hide from the limelight out of fear that they might say something that pisses Fergie enough for him to sell them to some championship side. These days even a nobody can come in on the media, clearly drunk and slag the fans off.

phelans shorts

Times had really changed. There were a time when squad players would hide from the limelight out of fear that they might say something that pisses Fergie enough for him to sell them to some championship side. These days even a nobody can come in on the media, clearly drunk and slag the fans off.
I remember when Manchester United’s captain came out and slagged off a load of fans as the “prawn sandwich brigade”

Maybe you don’t.

devilish

I remember when Manchester United’s captain came out and slagged off a load of fans as the “prawn sandwich brigade”

Maybe you don’t.
I think there is a slight difference between Roy Keane, the best DM of his generation, a true leader and a CL + multiple EPL winner and Brandon feckin Williams.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Please bin this guy off. Everyone goes on about Ronaldo being toxic but this guy is the problem - crap footballer who feels entitled to have a squad build around his numerous weaknesses and has no shame admitting it.

LordSpud

I think the source was Gareth Southgate. He absolutely NEEDS (in his mind) Maguire to play at United so he can fit back into the England team. No more evidence in that he actually picked Maguire for the NL games. Also some of the quotes and so mind bogglingly ridiculous (the Dias and Maguire swap for instance - which would ironically see Maguire partner Stones like they would for England) leads me to think Southgate has said this as excuses for Maguire yet it has absolutely backfired.

Injuries aside, I cant see Maguire getting back into the team, although I would stick Lindelof in before him. So, it will be interesting whether Southgate takes Maguire to the WC.

Nick7

it's been fecking weird how much has been said about him since the season started. it seems every two days there's an article from someone talking about him. Merson and Chiellini for some bizarre reason this week, and now this Ogden piece. His PR team is in overdrive.

devilish

I think the source was Gareth Southgate. He absolutely NEEDS (in his mind) Maguire to play at United so he can fit back into the England team. No more evidence in that he actually picked Maguire for the NL games. Also some of the quotes and so mind bogglingly ridiculous (the Dias and Maguire swap for instance - which would ironically see Maguire partner Stones like they would for England) leads me to think Southgate has said this as excuses for Maguire yet it has absolutely backfired.

Injuries aside, I cant see Maguire getting back into the team, although I would stick Lindelof in before him. So, it will be interesting whether Southgate takes Maguire to the WC.
Clubs can make the life of a national manager very difficult. I doubt that Gareth Southgate would risk that. The max he can do is to tell Maguire to leave United and to join a club that provide him with regular football

Monks_United

They should have told him that he is not wanted this summer and we should aided him to leave. It would have been beneficial for both parties. United need to be able to handle many transfers at once
:eek:

What witchcraft is that ?

devilish

it's been fecking weird how much has been said about him since the season started. it seems every two days there's an article from someone talking about him. Merson and Chiellini for some bizarre reason this week, and now this Ogden piece. His PR team is in overdrive.
It seems that the player's camp are busy trying to keep him relevant. The guy is incredibly thin skinned. His agent called Rio to back off

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Social media didn't exist back then, and if it did you'd probably find a young Beckham/Giggs/Sharpe giving a similar interview about something.

You can't really blame WIlliams for just answering a simple question and defending his team mate.

What do you want him to say? Yeah I think Maguire is pretty shit, shouldn't be captain and to leave our club? #lolz

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
It seems that the player's camp are busy trying to keep him relevant. The guy is incredibly thin skinned. His agent called Rio to back off
Any link for the bold part?

Skills

Snitch
Forget buying him, whose bright idea was it to give him the armband?
It was always quite obvious he was brought in with the idea of giving him the captaincy too.

That entire summer the clubs entire PR campaign was set around the cultural reset, getting in right characters etc. And Maguire was the face of that with his world record signing.

little.triangles

Didnt say much wrong apart from the idiot word. But that said there are a lot of idiots on twitter.
Plenty wrong in what he said.

It's not only the idiots on twitter saying Maguire shouldn't be starting games. It's also the current United manager who gave him his chance and then decided nope, he's better off on the bench even though he is captain and will likely b*tch about it to his friends in the media (exactly what is happening). He dropped him starting the Liverpool game too, which is a big call to make.

Also, when does becoming captain of the most unsuccessful United side in recent decades, without a trophy in 5 years, become a great achievement? If anything, it's shameful. The likes of Williams have no idea what winning at United means, just like his captain.

LoneStar

I just hope he has a banger of a world cup and we sell for good money. Best case scenario we can hope for.

If the leaks are actually coming from him, he deserves all the booing and hatred he gets.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
except the idiots on twitter were right and Harry shouldn't be starting, and isn't. Even an idiot could see Varane will be better in that defence.

It's not only the idiots on twitter saying Maguire shouldn't be starting games. It's also the current United manager who gave him his chance and then decided nope, he's better off on the bench even though he is captain and will likely b*tch about it to his friends in the media (exactly what is happening). He dropped him starting the Liverpool game too, which is a big call to make.

Also, when does becoming captain of the most unsuccessful United side in recent decades, without a trophy in 5 years, become a great achievement? If anything, it's shameful. The likes of Williams have no idea what winning at United means, just like his captain.
Not once did Williams say Harry should start over the current pairing.

He said Harry trains well and he will be a success. There are idiots on twitter in my opinion who strategically edit training videos to mug him off, and hes pointing more to those.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Looking back, the decsion to make him captain was unfair to him and has done him no favours. He can't handle scrutiny.
The UK pundit association this morning has branded him a scapegoat and that the criticism is unfair. He is Manchester United’s captain ffs! If he can't handle scrutiny, he has no business being captain.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
If you're blaming everyone but yourself at a certain point you have to realize it's your own fault.

any bid over 30 and we should take in Jan/summer. Go let ETH get a CB that works in his system that can be 3/4 in the chart. I have a feeling lindelof is rated higher that slabhead so we should go get a younger guy who's willing to learn and be 4th choice.

Maguire symbolizes all the failings of u tied for the last decade. Get rid.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Yeah bin him off as well. He can play with Maguire for Newcastle or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.