Harry Maguire becomes first United outfield player to play every league minute for 25 years

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
2nd outfield player to do so in the PL era for United. Gary Pallister achieved two ever-present campaigns, in 1992/93 and 1994/95.

DDG grabs his second consecutive ever-present season.

Say what you want about Maguire's transfer fee and his overall ability but the guy has added stability to the defence.

Raw

That's fecking crazy. Pretty sure he played a lot of our cup games too.

At last, a CB that isn't constantly injured.

el3mel

Insane record to be fair. He's always fit which is his biggest strength.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fair play Harry.

He's taken a bit of abuse recently and I think very unfairly. He's been a rock for us all season and a big reason why we've gone nearly half a season unbeaten.

Cheers captain!

Nikelesh Reddy

That’s a very impressive record to be fair,deserves a lot of credit for this.l..

Skills

Snitch
Lindelof's also started 34 games. CBs should be starting 90%+ games tbf - it's not the most physically demanding role in the game.

Classical Mechanic

That's fecking crazy. Pretty sure he played a lot of our cup games too.

At last, a CB that isn't constantly injured.
He’s made 52 apps for us this season. He could play in 56 if we go all the way in Europa. It’s a the top end of apps in a season. Not sure what the most is but Lampard once made 62 apps in a season for Chelsea.

Idxomer

Just had a quick look and this is the 2nd time he's done it in his career.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
You could see during water break, when his team mates were drinking water and isotonics, he gulped down a thick substance from a container that looked a little bit like Caprisun. That might be the key to his fitness.

SteveW

Fair fecks to him. He's been vital considering how fragile all our other CBs (barring VL) seem to be.

SteveW

Seemed to feel his hamstring in the second half there. Maybe the end came at just the right time. Give Teden a go in the EL if he's any way injured.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
A rock solid addition. Stability and consistency at the back has been sorely missing since around 07/08. The season after that, Rio and Vidic kept getting jiggly injuries, and it's been a revolving door ever since.

3rd best defensive record in the league too. When we've had good defensive records in the last few years, it's always been refuted as being all down to De Gea, with our defenders getting very little credit. I didn't agree with that then, but this season it certainly hasn't been to any goalkeeping heroics. Maguire and AWB have added a lot of resilience to the back line.

Walters_19_MuFc

Fantastic. To have a player in our back four who you can rely on week in week out has made a massive difference. Yes, there's still question marks, but on the whole, we've been pretty solid in my opinion, and have finished the season with the third best defence.

El Zoido

He deserves more credit. Yes he’s made mistakes, but overall he’s been fantastic and brought a stability to our back line that’s been severely missing. It wasn’t so long ago we were rotating Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, they were constantly injured or suspended. No consistency, just a mishmash of crap. Maguire has been a fantastic signing and looks every bit our captain for many years.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Third best defensive record in the league, and he's been a massive part of it. Well done Harry

Kag

He deserves more credit. Yes he’s made mistakes, but overall he’s been fantastic and brought a stability to our back line that’s been severely missing. It wasn’t so long ago we were rotating Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, they were constantly injured or suspended. No consistency, just a mishmash of crap. Maguire has been a fantastic signing and looks every bit our captain for many years.
Well said.

This stat should not be underestimated.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Superb stat.
From our recent history of Jones, Tuanzebe, Rojo and Bailly missing way more games than they play, this shouldn't be sniffed at.

Schmeichel=God

Lindelof's also started 34 games. CBs should be starting 90%+ games tbf - it's not the most physically demanding role in the game.
Tell that to Bailly :lol:

That aside though...I never heard any news about his injury the other day...anyone know about it?

Crashoutcassius

I think over the course of the season he has been excellent. Reminds me a bit of when Fellaini would win 18 headers from corners in a row and then look clumsy on his feet and people would say he did nothing.

I also think - and maybe not a popular one to say - but he has made Lindelof look good which nobody else has managed, and had a good defensive record diminished by 7-8 DDG mistakes.

I guess on the other side of the coin, we could say AWB and Shaw are excellent defensive full backs

sparx99

Great effort from Harry. I know some are keen to see an upgrade at CB but allowing a partnership to grow can also allow strides forward.

Morpheus 7

I like Harry, with the right partner beside him, he will be better. Lindelof and him don't have the pace or passing range. I've always believed he's needed speed alongside him. Lindelof is a squad player and for certain opposition in my opinion. We can't play out from the back with them two, it doesn't work.

NinjaFletch

Seemed to feel his hamstring in the second half there. Maybe the end came at just the right time. Give Teden a go in the EL if he's any way injured.
At the end? He was play acting to waste time.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That’s really impressive. He is really resilient. One of his biggest pluses, honestly.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He looked exhausted by the end of the game. Hopefully we get some good squad backups and Eric can stay fit next season

Falcow

You could see during water break, when his team mates were drinking water and isotonics, he gulped down a thick substance from a container that looked a little bit like Caprisun. That might be the key to his fitness.
:lol: :lol:

Red00012

You must wonder the thoughts of crocks like Bailly , Jones , Rojo and Axel think of this :D

Might be a little harsh on Axel given his age

izec

May not be without mistakes, but he has the desire to play. No one can doubt his commitment to the club and team. I think he is a fantastic captain. Very tired in the last couple of weeks, but absolute vital to the team.

The Oracle

2nd outfield player to do so in the PL era for United. Gary Pallister achieved two ever-present campaigns, in 1992/93 and 1994/95.

DDG grabs his second consecutive ever-present season.

Say what you want about Maguire's transfer fee and his overall ability but the guy has added stability to the defence.

Impressive from Maguire

...though Pallister edges it as his were 42-game seasons

GenZRed

Yep we need a new CB, ideally two.

He is good, but I'm not sure if he is so good he should be playing every minute of every game. Not good in itself regardles sof any player's talents, since fatigue and injuries also play a role.