Harry Maguire Injury | Ole: He's making progress and he's quite positive [for the Europa League Final]

redzombie

the thought of starting a final with Bailly & Lindelof is terrifying, hopefully Maguire can play on one leg

James Peril

I expect we'll risk him and then he'll end up out of the Euros.
As long as he’s ready for pre-season that sounds decent for United. England will cope just fine with all the alternatives that are just as good as Maguire

Mindhunter

As long as he’s ready for pre-season that sounds decent for United. England will cope just fine with all the alternatives that are just as good as Maguire
What about Maguire? Would he be fine missing an elite international tournament when he is at the peak of his game?

I doubt it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We have no CB as good as Maguire. He’ll lionheart it for the Euros and Southgate will absolutely call him up.

Judas

Open to offers
Love to see your list of CB options that are just as good as Maguire! Dyer? Keane? Coady? Apart from Stones, we're far from spoilt for decent options back there.

England have no alternatives who are as good as Maguire. Coady, Keane and Mings are all average or below average in that thug Mings’ case.

A-man

My fears are that they stress it for him to make the final, and he’ll get some problems, stress it again to the Euros and then he suddenly has long term problems.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
its written all over Oles face. He has already accepted the fact that Harry is out for the final.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Not holding my breath on him making it. Bailly and Lindelof would have to be as switched on as possible.

They were made to look cack by Liverpool. Surely, Villarreal aren't as good as Liverpool?

Zlatattack

Let's juice him up, get him to play the final and bugger the euros. Same for Rashford, lad needs a rest.

RedDevilzFox

He is in crutches, unless they are trolling Villareal there is no chance he'll be ready in less than 2 weeks.

Whatever happened to Phil Jones? Still injured?

Ludens the Red

Absolutely no chance he makes it. I suspect Ole is just trying to be positive. He strained ankle ligaments and was in crutches three days ago. How da feck is he gonna play in ten days time.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not sure about that at all. Maguire is England’s only top class CB and he’s miles ahead of pretty much everyone else in that position. As Neville has said, Maguire being out likely means England have to play a back three to compensate. I don’t think it will be an issue anyway, he will be fit by the Euros.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Send Keano to the treatment room. Maguire will be doing can can in no time.

VivaRonaldo85

He’s out for the season surely if he’s in a moon boot and crutches 10 days before the final. He will be doing everything now to be fit for the euros. As much as I’m a Bailly fan boy, Bailly is not what Lindelof wants or needs. I’d be budding Lindelof & Tuanzebe for the next two league games ahead of the final. Not ideal at all but Bailly could be treacherous in a European final and Lindelof is now still our best available centre half.

The Hilton

The poster doesn't sound sarcastic. He seems genuinely unconcerned.
I thought it was a joke about how the other England CBs are a huge drop off in quality, but I could be wrong and maybe he genuinely believes that Coady et al are just as good.

arthurka

Crutches mean nothing, that's only to take the weight of it. He will give it a go.

Raveneye

Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for Phil Jones to win us a final in Europe!

izec

Absolutely no chance he makes it. I suspect Ole is just trying to be positive. He strained ankle ligaments and was in crutches three days ago. How da feck is he gonna play in ten days time.
Done my ligaments as well at the ankle last summer. 6 weeks until i could walk freely. Sport 8 weeks. Maguire may go a bit quicker, but healing takes time. He wont be ready for the final. Not sure how bad it is for him, but he can be happy if he is back for the Euros.

Bertie Wooster

I obviously want Maguire to be fit and available for the final. As we really need a genuinely fit Maguire in that back four.

However, I don't want us to desperately gamble on him if he's really not ready - as Leicester did with Evans yesterday. That rarely ends well. They either break down and have to go off, as Evans did. Or they tentatively get through the game but really struggle as they're a shadow of their usual selves as they're clearly nowhere near 100%.

Fingers crossed he's judged genuinely fit. But if he simply isn't ready in time, then I'd prefer us to accept that and work on a game plan involving either Bailly or Tuanzebe rather than desperately shove an injured Maguire out there.