Harry Maguire involved in incident with police in Greece - conviction nullified by appeal, full retrial pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

When the residents warn you not to look the coppers in the eye, you know you're going to be in for some fun.

I'd just like to wait a little while before we declare him a violent thug who should never play for the club again.
I doubt we'll ever know - to be honest I think he's an idiot for travelling anyway but I doubt he's a thug

E-mal

Read somewhere that Woodward is trying to make an exchange with the greek police by sending them Rojo, Lingard and Fred.
It's no longer 1600 mate, everyone got to pay for their sins.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Maguire explaining to MUTV why he got into an altercation.

podurban2

Why is he in a bar, in Greece, during a global pandemic? Or is that a totally fine thing to do now?

Smithy89

Why is he in a bar, in Greece, during a global pandemic? Or is that a totally fine thing to do now?
If i was gonna go away as pro footballer, i wouldn't choose a place like that with mates. I'd rather go somewhere quiet, but i'm a boring cnut :lol:

macheda14

I mean yes it is. Have you not gone to a pub since they’ve reopened? Greece is one of the few countries with an airbridge. It’s perfectly fine. I however am in a bar in Spain currently, which is not fine.

podurban2

Most of the players, from most of the clubs will be on holiday somewhere or other. Only our players will get criticised for it.
I don't care who does it or who doesn't. If my mate would go to Greece and visit bars I would critise him for it. I feel I have an obligation to keep the virus from spreading. I don't visit restaurants, I don't travel public transportation etc. This is our captain we are speaking of, no? I don't care if he parties on his holidays, but this is an extraordinary situation we are in, no?

podurban2

I mean yes it is. Have you not gone to a pub since they’ve reopened? Greece is one of the few countries with an airbridge. It’s perfectly fine. I however am in a bar in Spain currently, which is not fine.
In Sweden they have always been opened. I have, however, not visited one since March.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
De Gea for me. And i don't care about that shit how gk can't be captain and shit like that. He should have been captain when Young left anyway.

You want a goaltender who is under intense scrutiny from pundits and fans after a series of costly repeat mistakes to be awarded the captaincy and get even more pressure on him?

I get that you feel its the right thing but you might as well punch him in the face, he'll thank you for it instead of having to bear that band on his arm while letting a softball in behind him in 2020.

Zoo

Totally, if this was a Liverpool or Chelsea or city player people in here would be saying what a disgrace they are etc etc
People would be having a laugh as some are in here but they wouldn't be labelling a player a disgrace without the knowing the full story.

United58

Totally, if this was a Liverpool or Chelsea or city player people in here would be saying what a disgrace they are etc etc
I mean... If he has actually assaulted someone, I don't think there's a person here who'd say it isn't an absolute disgrace.

Hopefully we get more details soon, the whole trial by Twitter stuff isn't good for anyone

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Probably, but maybe people should just leave them alone when they are on holiday, just like they should leave them alone when they are out and about here.

I am not defending what Harry has done if it is true, but people thinking they have the right to harass people is what started it.

Smithy89

People would be having a laugh as some are in here but they wouldn't be labelling a player a disgrace without the knowing the full story.
Behave, if this was Henderson he'd be getting a ridiculous amount of grief.

Dante

Average bang
Brits: drunk lager louts

Greeks: racist, corrupt and violent

There are good people on both sides.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Kane is in quarantine at the minute after coming back from somewhere.
Isn't this the whole problem. The tourist industry has pressured the government to open everything up, then the government has then shut certain countries down again with next to no notice. I know a lot of jobs are at risk, but maybe this summer people should have just stuck to their own countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.