Harry Maguire involved in incident with police in Greece - conviction nullified by appeal, full retrial pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajma

He was stupid to be involved but why are people making a big deal out this? Drunk person doing stupid things. Shocker.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He was stupid to be involved but why are people making a big deal out this?
Maybe because he’s captain of the biggest club in the world and he’s been locked up for two nights, it’s a slight talking point

davidmichael

From the couple of videos I’ve seen Maguire starts to distance himself and is on his phone in one and then in the second he’s actually covering his mate and getting kicked, seems like everyone involved got nicked and once the Greek old bill have gone through everything they’ll be no further action against Maguire but because he’s United captain the British media as per usual made a massive thing out of it.

Not if his rich matey helps him out. Which he most probably would if this nobody manages to make all this go away before the media makes a whole circus out of it.

A celebrity has a lot to lose out of this. Fines will need to be paid and sponsors would bail out of him.
Are you an utter child?

You are spinning stories/ making scenarios based on your own fantasy - based on your hatred of our captain.

Really sad.

PeteManic

The absolute worst punishment they could give Harry would be to get Sir Alex to pick him from the airport and give him a dressing down from the godfather of football.

If I was Harry that would resonate most with me and I'd be feckin devastated to have let him down.
What the fawk were you thinking son? You’re the fawking captain of my team, I mean wee Ole’s team. Fawk sake and Cathy is fawking pissed now that I had de come pick ye up insteed a take her to da bingo ya big fawking bollox. Fawk sake.

Siorac

What? All of em? Pretty sure my 80 year old mum and her friends were fairly well behaved on the last European trip they went on. I could be wrong though
They were probably snorting cocaine from the arse of a 20-year-old male stripper in an open-top limo while EDM was roaring from the speakers. She wouldn't tell you though, understandably.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Everyone is nice until they do something stupid.

Why are you putting all Greece police in one bucket when you talk about Maguire as an individual. Put Maguire in a bucket of common picture of English lad culture under Party vacations and you suddenly have another picture.

So take it Easy with misscrediting Greece.
Have you genuinely not learnt anything from the BLM protests?

Because we know Maguire as an individual. What can you tell me about the arresting officer? What's the booking Sargeant's name? What's his record? Feel free to fill me in.

I feel I have to say this again. No one is saying there is no way Maguire did anything wrong. They're saying that you should take caution and approach with some skepticism because the Hellenic police force have a proven track record for violating human rights, for bribery and for violence. Your comparison to stereotypical British lad culture doesn't begin to stand up.

90 + 5min

Have you genuinely not learnt anything from the BLM protests?

Because we know Maguire as an individual. What can you tell me about the arresting officer? What's the booking Sargeant's name? What's his record? Feel free to fill me in.

I feel I have to say this again. No one is saying there is no way Maguire did anything wrong. They're saying that you should take caution and approach with some skepticism because the Hellenic police force have a proven track record for violating human rights, for bribery and for violence. Your comparison to stereotypical British lad culture doesn't begin to stand up.
What has BLM to do with this?

You think We know him. Every human can make stupid misstake. How nice they might seem to be in 99,9999% time.

Last edited:

Woodzy

He was stupid to be involved but why are people making a big deal out this? Drunk person doing stupid things. Shocker.
Because he’s the captain of the club and should be a role model for younger fans and our players.

You can’t excuse him because he’s drunk, he’s a grown man ffs and being paid a near £200k per week wage you would expect him to have a couple of weeks off football without doing something completely fecking stupid.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If the police are in civil dress then it changes everything, language is also an issue.
No it doesnt change anything. If you rob a house and there's a cop who happens to be not wearing his uniform because he's on holiday he can still apprehend you and report you to his colleagues.

Not understanding the language isnt an excuse to get into a fight.

Squeaky Bumtime

Is being a captain or not such a big deal just at United or its the case at other clubs too. It's as if captain should be a saint too.
Role model? It's just a captain, guy who speaks to the ref from time to time.

We had Roy Keane as a captain.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Secret police? Gotta love the fecking framing of english media.

It's plain clothed officers, you know just like they're normally called

For the love of god, secret police.
:lol: Harry was just unlucky that he happened to bump into Interpol on a night out. Nothing wrong with that, is there??

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Off course this is a non serious issue. He'll be let off with a fine. Stupid mistakes and that's the end of it

What i have issue is people choosing to defend maguire plain simple stupidity and paint a very bad picture on greece cop.

How bout yhea he's stupid, move along boys. Instead of making up theory about greece being like some sort of failed state police cops where they kidnap tourist for money

NotThatSoph

What happened to innocent until proven guilty. There’s absolutely no evidence he’s assaulted any police and this story stinks of bullshit.
You're accusing the police of falsifying a police report, which is a crime. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Does this meet the threshold of ‘off-field antics’?

ICHM

The video evidence will clear him and the police will look like the thugs they are.

Nothing to see here.

Classical Mechanic

Off course this is a non serious issue. He'll be let off with a fine. Stupid mistakes and that's the end of it

What i have issue is people choosing to defend maguire plain simple stupidity and paint a very bad picture on greece cop.

How bout yhea he's stupid, move along boys. Instead of making up theory about greece being like some sort of failed state police cops where they kidnap tourist for money
#justiceforthegreekfilth

macheda14

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/1247...twitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1598092079

The sun is a terrible source, but they also seem to be referencing some probably also terrible Greek newspaper.

But if we follow the story it’s Maguire was being taunted by drunk rival fans (I want to believe Liverpool fans) who the proceeded to stab his sister in the arm with a ‘sharp object’. He then started a fight (fair enough) and according to other reports plain-clothed policemen stepped in. So if we are to give him the benefit of the doubt he probably thought the plain clothed policemen were an extension of the group he was fighting.

All probably bullshit and he just got in a shitty drunken fight. But who knows as of yet.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Are you an utter child?

You are spinning stories/ making scenarios based on your own fantasy - based on your hatred of our captain.

Really sad.
Reread all the posts. I am simply countering those saying that Maguire is certainly not at fault of anything. No one knows that either way

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What has BLM to do with this?

You think We know him. Every human can make stupid misstake. How nice they might seem to be in 99,9999% time.
I refuse to believe that's a genuine question.

Deery

Dreary
Well at least he’s out now mustn’t have been that bad what he done, so we can forget about it now and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.