Harry Maguire involved in incident with police in Greece - conviction nullified by appeal, full retrial pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Surely banging out an Albanian gangster after he stabbed your sister should be viewed as admirable and certainly forgivable. Especially compared to some other shit we’ve seen in football (besides the really bad rapist/nonces). Richard Keogh just signed for MK Dons, Rooney did some dodgy shit, didn’t Barkley have a fight recently too?

Why’s this so blown out of proportion?

Matriac

Let’s assume Maguire is broadly innocent of the worst charges and is able to convince United that he didn’t make successive bad judgements, and so they stick by him as captain.

In that scenario, the PR team need to manage this carefully. Firstly they need to flood the media of the real story. Then make a statement that they are standing by him. And then quickly follow that up with the announcement of a major transfer signing to move the news cycle onto a different subject. And do all this before players return for training.

Else this becomes a major distraction.

So you're saying Maguire orchestrated all of this, probably at the order of Ole to force the Boards hand to pull the trigger on Sancho asap!
Genious!

Catania

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
Catania
Will just leave this here: https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/K3QGV6/lindelof-stoppade-vasktjuv-i-vasteras (its in swedish)

"A man on a bicycle snatched the handbag from a woman in her 90s in central Västerås.

Then Victor Lindelöf came to the rescue, according to information to Sportbladet.

The football star ran in a race and held on to the suspected thief until the police arrived."

If true, Maguire could learn some things about PR from hes CB partner :)

Other clubs have players who have endangered peoples' lives while drink driving, not to mention Chelsea's left back who actually killed someone. Never heard the uproar that this story has generated.

MalcolmTucker

Will just leave this here: https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/K3QGV6/lindelof-stoppade-vasktjuv-i-vasteras (its in swedish)

"A man on a bicycle snatched the handbag from a woman in her 90s in central Västerås.

Then Victor Lindelöf came to the rescue, according to information to Sportbladet.

The football star ran in a race and held on to the suspected thief until the police arrived."

Maguire wouldn't have been able to catch him

Dve

You speaking about Greece in general but Mykonos is a partyisland where people in their mid 20’s getting drunk and take cocaine for breakfast. That’s why islands like Mykonos and Ibiza should be banned from the club. Professionals shouldn’t be there, especially not during a pandemic. And they should absolutely not be there to drunkfight with police and fans. Is that so hard for you to understand?

You can forget social distancing at an island like Mykonos. Too small.

Bruno actually met up his former team in Portugal, visiting their training camp today - 3 weeks before PL season starts. That’s what I call leadership.
You cannot tell people in the free world where to go on vacation. Footballers are not slaves, are they.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Wasn't wearing a mask and was less than 2 metres away from a stranger. Shocking.

Zen86

It’s a disgrace that we allow our players to travel to party islands where they are exposed to skullduggery and high jinks. They should be holidaying in more wholesome places like Scarborough and Devon. You wouldn’t see Giggs or Rooney or any of our other legends of old doing these things.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It’s a disgrace that we allow our players to travel to party islands where they are exposed to skullduggery and high jinks. They should be holidaying in more wholesome places like Scarborough and Devon. You wouldn’t see Giggs or Rooney or any of our other legends of old doing these things.
Absolutely right. As far as I can recall, Giggs used to love the quiet family holidays.

Zen86

Absolutely right. As far as I can recall, Giggs used to love the quiet family holidays.
Indeed, it’s a slippery slope we’re on right now. If we don’t control our players, they might end up smoking cigs and banging prostitutes for all we know.

Wicked_Badger

Texas? That’s a random place to NOT want to travel to. Austin, Texas is an amazing town, your loss.
I was supposed to be visiting in Octoberfor a work conference in Houston. Me & the Mrs were going to take advantage of the free flights & make a holiday out of it, do the F1 in Austin, Dallas, San Antonio etc in a couple of weeks’ road trip before she left & I’d do my work thing. More we looked into it the cooler the place sounded.

Pretty gutted it’s off now, but hopefully will be doing it next year instead!

Amarsdd

Why didn't Lindelof just ask the suspected thief nicely? If the suspected thief didn't comply, then he just should have called the manager of that bicycle company instead of getting involved. There is no reason to go for violence esp. against a stranger during covid. Its embarrassing.

NotThatSoph

Equally though there must be people that don't spend as much money like that?
Oh, for sure. I'm just saying that if you really have to or want to spend obscene amounts of money, at least spend it on something that actually give you or someone else some benefit other than bragging about how rich you are.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
You cannot tell people in the free world where to go on vacation. Footballers are not slaves, are they.
They are under contract and there are plenty of rules they have to follow. To call it slaves is just silly.
There are so many other places they could go.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Whats wrong with Greece?
Nothing wrong with Greece in general but Mykonos is a partyisland where people in their mid 20’s getting drunk and take cocaine for breakfast. That’s why islands like Mykonos and Ibiza should be banned from the club. Professionals shouldn’t be there, especially not during a pandemic. And they should absolutely not be there to drunkfight with police and fans.

Mykonos is too small for social distancing

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Texas? That’s a random place to NOT want to travel to. Austin, Texas is an amazing town, your loss.
Texas is fine, but Austin is one of the most overrated cities in America. It’s where people go for bachelorette parties and unless your main thing is partying it’s really just a worse, cheaper version of San Francisco.

Dve

I´m a bit disappointed by the other defenders, to be honest. They need to step up their game. Tomorrow´s headline should be "Bissaka rescuing puppet from drowning", or something. Or "Jones rescuing local doctor from bankruptcy." Is that too much to ask?

Bowlcut11

I´m a bit disappointed by the other defenders, to be honest. They need to step up their game. Tomorrow´s headline should be "Bissaka rescuing puppet from drowning", or something. Or "Jones rescuing local doctor from bankruptcy." Is that too much to ask?
Man I'd love to see AWB striding out of a lake carrying a marionette

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Charges have been significantly downgraded.

looks like those pesky Greek cops were lying after all. Surprise surprise!

Paul_Scholes18

Haha yeah. Jones at least give doctors extra work to do, but they are wealthy anyway.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Nothing wrong with Greece in general but Mykonos is a partyisland where people in their mid 20’s getting drunk and take cocaine for breakfast. That’s why islands like Mykonos and Ibiza should be banned from the club. Professionals shouldn’t be there, especially not during a pandemic. And they should absolutely not be there to drunkfight with police and fans.

Mykonos is too small for social distancing
What an absolute load of crap. I've travelled to Greece extensively and, yes, you can go to party spots... Or y'know, you can go to one of the many beautiful spots that are not in those areas (i.e. the majority of the island).

Ibiza is also an amazing island for many things other than getting pissed.

If Harry really wanted to, he could go and get wasted anywhere in the World, including at home.

Brophs

The One and Only
Tomorrow's the day. Will the headlines be "Harry Houdini" or "Harry Whodunnit"? Neither is not an option.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I was supposed to be visiting in Octoberfor a work conference in Houston. Me & the Mrs were going to take advantage of the free flights & make a holiday out of it, do the F1 in Austin, Dallas, San Antonio etc in a couple of weeks’ road trip before she left & I’d do my work thing. More we looked into it the cooler the place sounded.

Pretty gutted it’s off now, but hopefully will be doing it next year instead!
We did a similar trip last summer (only missing Houston, we didn’t quite have time to make that work) - had an great time, helped by being upgraded by Hertz to this amazing Dodge Challenger to drive around the state like a proper cliche :lol: Found the people to be great as well; somehow we managed to avoid the Trumpers :D

Hope you get to do the trip safely sometime soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.