Harry Maguire - Manchester United Player

Macern

Pee pee pants
Thrilled. Big fan of Maguire and AWB.

Our back four is actually good now, but not the best in the league. It’s pretty much on par with Leicester’s last season.

Shaw < Chillwell
Maguire = Maguire
Lindelöf = Evans
AWB > Pereira
Lindelöf = Evans?

#00F

Supports
Barca
So United paid more for him this season compared to when Jose asked for him earlier.

Raven96__

Supports
Real Madrid
Welcome to our club Harry!
Obviously the price is just ridiculous,but that’s the world that we live in now...He’s a top defender who”ll definitely give us more solidity at the back.Now we need to get another couple of signings over the line before Thursday...
The price is never ridiculous when this is a signing you needed so much, literally so much, hope he does well for you guys.

United Hobbit

While I'm glad we signed him as hes hopefully an upgrade on most of what we have, we have ended up paying the fee Leicester demanded all along. Had we paid up earlier he could have been involved with pre season and now he is potentially going straight into the Chelsea game where all eyes will be on him due to him being a record signing. If he makes a mistake he will be open to even more scrutiny.

He will also have been following Leicester's fitness programme not ours.

I'd probably play him with Lindelof then have Tuanzebe and maybe Smalling as 3rd and 4th choice, using Tuanzebe in the Europa and look to sell at least Rojo and maybe Jones oh I forgot about Bailly not sure we can do anything with him currently.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Picking up the pieces of the spotlight...as a small club you tend to take advantage of this situation to gain more followers.
He's one of their best ever academy products. They should feel every bit a part of his story.

stu_1992

Finally done! Always had the feeling it would get completely and that we'd (rightly or wrongly) pay the money they wanted. Big improvement on what we have in that position, and I must say I am encouraged that our defense looks so much more solid with the additions of Maguire and Wan Bissaka.

steve88

Great signing world class defender plays like a combo of vidic and rio. hope he goes to the next level like van djirk did for liverpool and with AWB makes us impenetrable.

Raven96__

Supports
Real Madrid
While I'm glad we signed him as hes hopefully an upgrade on most of what we have, we have ended up paying the fee Leicester demanded all along. Had we paid up earlier he could have been involved with pre season and now he is potentially going straight into the Chelsea game where all eyes will be on him due to him being a record signing. If he makes a mistake he will be open to even more scrutiny.

He will also have been following Leicester's fitness programme not ours.

I'd probably play him with Lindelof then have Tuanzebe and maybe Smalling as 3rd and 4th choice, using Tuanzebe in the Europa and look to sell at least Rojo and maybe Jones oh I forgot about Bailly not sure we can do anything with him currently.
I think he will do very well, obviously more signings are needed, I dont think the fee is that bad, hes not old, hes at an age where he is experienced and not old, he can cope with the pressure definitely. Manchester needed a CB, now you got one, F*** the price if he performs.

Grande

How about Ed tends to trust his managers? Ed is not a football person, he understands that. Once trust diminishes he puts financing their wishes on hold.

We are a dynasty club, like it or not. We had only two successful managers in our history: Busby and SAF. Our model is proven by the time, though it has its flaws. I prefer us to stick to our identity. I love United because of its traditions.

I worked as CEO at public companies, and I never let managers criticize me in public. More to it, I managed to hire people who were smart enough to understand importance of teamwork.

Ed is too kind, he let JM to start another season even after his bitter assault on the club. Mourinho couldn’t build a team while enjoying full power, and then went to criticize us for not having a structure. Moron.
I think the list of managers/coaches successful in going publicly to war with their employer is very, very short. Mourinho has left a breath of fresh air and a culture of moaning after the door slammed on him.

Still, it’s impossible to say Woodward trusted in his manager for the third season, and if he doubted Mou’s stability in the face of imperfection, he certainly compounded that with the last transfer window.

Now we’ve taken good steps to build quality from the back. The defence has a blend of youngish, good first choices in each position, Dalot and Tuanzebe coming through, and experienced back up players for squad roles. LB is the only really ‘thin’ position.

Next up is midfield and attack, were our only investments the last two seasons have been James, Fred, and Sanchez, which is too little by far.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Think he’ll prove doubters wrong very quickly

Davicho

Lindelof-Maguire will suffer a lot against quick forwards and good counter attacking teams, even more if we put Matic in front of them. I guess Smalling will be in the starting XI for about october.

Sp00ks11

Will be a brilliant signing! Wanted him since he was at Hull.

Is half the forum still moaning about his cost as they would rather United's profits line the Glazers pockets rather than invested in our squad?

Will be a fan favourite by Christmas.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Picking up the pieces of the spotlight...as a small club you tend to take advantage of this situation to gain more followers.
True, it also helps that they earned a few million from the sale themselves too.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yes! :drool:

This may be my favourite signing in years. I'm confident that he'll be more than worth the fee.

Meep

Great! I like him. Both off and on pitch. Also looking forward to him stepping up on corners..!

meamth

When we're chasing that last minute goal, this guy can be relied on.

Can't wait to see him and Lindelof play together