Harry Maguire - Manchester United Player

eltigreFalcao

That is great. Thanks.

Our squad numbers are a mess. Wish Lindelof and Bailly revert to other numbers and we give those to full backs.
This is just so silly
6+1 contract length.

Love the commitment from both player and club.
Its so good to know the guy commited the best years of his footballing career to play for this shirt. This contract could end by the time he's 33!

Already love the guy

Robbo 7

Delighted by this news. A massive upgrade was needed in defence and he will compliment AWB perfectly.

Personally can see him being made captain in the coming seasons.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Welcome to the party pal

Hughie77

Only a season late! Let's see then how we do now, wonder who's going to be the first to hammer him if or when he makes a mistake.

Wonder what the ex pool players turn pundits are going to say as well, sharpening there knives ready I'd guess.

Bring it on loosefools.

prateik

7 years.. bloody hell.

If De Gea signs, and Shaw finds a way to stay fit, that back 5 should be safe for a few years..
Sure we might add and form might dip at times, but I wont go into transfer windows desperate to sort out the defence.. a little tinkering here or there should be enough for the near future.

Midfield next.. 1 proper midfielder.. anyone.. please..

Irwin99

Pleasantly surprised by the contract length. Guy could be a big player for us for years to come. Welcome Harry :devil:

Beagle

Suddenly our defence looks like it could be rock solid! Almost certain he will be thrown in against Chelsea, can't wait!
Only doubt is Shaw's consistency. If he can maintain good form this defence can push United to top 4.

Offsideagain

Too much money and Leicester getting the lad from Burnley who is also very good but Harry the Head will improve our defence for sure and get the midfield moving forward. Do forget that he hasn’t played alongside whoever will partner him in defence yet so they may be a period when not much has changed.

Last edited:

MoXoM

Get in!

Welcome to United!

Nice that he is a United supporter as well.

Our defence looks solid.

I can't wait for our game against Chelsea.

C'mon United!! :devil:

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur
Get in!

Welcome to United!

Nice that he is a United supporter as well.

Our defence looks solid.

I can't wait for our game against Chelsea.

C'mon United!! :devil:
He isn't a united fan. He supports Sheff United still a cracking signing :D

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This signings feels like a throw back to the Fergie days when players dreams came true signing for us, dont know if that's a good thing or a sad indictment of who we've brought into the side over the last 6 years (both I guess)

We need to be bringing more players who have the little boy telling them Man Utd ala RVP

Reiver

I know there's still massive gaps in this squad but the defence looks like its finally sorted.
Welcome to Utd. Harry, good to finally have you here.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This signings feels like a throw back to the Fergie days when players dreams came true signing for us, dont know if that's a good thing or a sad indictment of who we've brought into the side over the last 6 years (both I guess)

We need to be bringing more players who have the little boy telling them Man Utd ala RVP
That basically means no Latin players

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I'm happy we've got him, but is he really on the level on most of other top CB's out there?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Yeah, I can see that happening ... he looks like a captain!

Yes. Not the best in the game by any stretch but not far off that top level at all (in my opinion anyway).
I'm just not excited really. It's good if he's solid. But i'm kind envious with Van Dijk at Liverpool and De ligt going to Juventus. We were truly blessed when we had Vidic and Ferdinand.