Harry Maguire receives Bomb threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Wishing for injury is banned but some people can be non chalont about a bombing of a player?

:rolleyes:

MichaelRed

Makes it okay then.

:boring:
No, it's not okay, you're just a moron if you choose to mark everyone with the same brush. If a horrific crime is commited in Denmark does that mean Denmark is a shocking place for crime? No, it has the lowest crime rate in the world. If Eminem releases a bad track does that make him a shocking rapper? Does a bad meal make Gordon Ramsey a shocking chef? Sweeping statements like yours that we have a "shocking fanbase", just because of one nutjob, are utterly moronic.

DavelinaJolie

Don't think posters on caf have anything to do with someone giving bomb threats to Maguire
I think maybe my wording was confusing, when I said We've crossed the line, I meant regarding the point I made after it, about making criticism personal. Not about sending bomb threats.

Mike Smalling

Wishing for injury is banned but some people can be non chalont about a bombing of a player?

Believe it or not, but there is a distinction between threatening to bomb someone and actually bombing someone.

I doubt there would be a single joke here, if he was actually bombed.

DutchRed7

If this is done by a United supporter then it's a very dark day in the history of our club

MichaelRed

Oh damn, so he did get bombed then? Wonder why that hasn't made the news yet. You must have the exclusive mate. Bombing of a player. Give over ffs.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The guy is making costly mistakes every game and is responsible for the majority of our goals being conceded. Fans raise their voice on forums, and when they raise their voice during matches then they're slated. It was only ever gonna reach this level because this man doesn't have any self awareness and he has the arrogance to say he's been good.

We also have a manager who is so thick that he believes this man is is good captain.

Maybe they'll listen this way? Maybe he will get sold or maybe he will leave willingly.

Edit - Before idiots quote me since I didn't clearly condemn this, then I am clearly saying that this is very bad and should never ever be done to anybody ever. This is no excuse.
Is this fecking serious :lol:

Everybody sees through that pathetic disclaimer after the nonsense you wrote prior:houllier:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
ten hag not fecking about.
If you only snickered at this joke, but held yourself back from a full-on laugh, will you avoid going to Hell?

I'm asking a question for a friend, obviously. I have no chance of seeing heaven :(

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
No, it's not okay, you're just a moron if you choose to mark everyone with the same brush. If a horrific crime is commited in Denmark does that mean Denmark is a shocking place for crime? No, it has the lowest crime rate in the world. If Eminem releases a bad track does that make him a shocking rapper? Does a bad meal make Gordon Ramsey a shocking chef? Sweeping statements like yours that we have a "shocking fanbase", just because of one nutjob, are utterly moronic.
Nah.

This isn’t an isolated incident. You can be as ignorant as you like fella. Strange little rant, mind.

RonaldoVII

The guy is making costly mistakes every game and is responsible for the majority of our goals being conceded. Fans raise their voice on forums, and when they raise their voice during matches then they're slated. It was only ever gonna reach this level because this man doesn't have any self awareness and he has the arrogance to say he's been good.

We also have a manager who is so thick that he believes this man is is good captain.

Maybe they'll listen this way? Maybe he will get sold or maybe he will leave willingly.

Edit - Before idiots quote me since I didn't clearly condemn this, then I am clearly saying that this is very bad and should never ever be done to anybody ever. This is no excuse.
Imagine someone trying to justify a bomb threat, jeez.

MichaelRed

Nah.

This isn’t an isolated incident. You can be as ignorant as you like fella. Strange little rant, mind.
When was the last time our player had a bomb threat? Not an isolated incident ffs, give your head a wobble. Even if we have 10,000 nutters, with an estimated 1 billion fans wordlwide, that still wouldn't equate to us having a "shocking fanbase". Although with posts like yours I guess you can make that 10,001 nutters.

Todd

I think a lot of people need to understand, football is not that important. You have to be mentally deranged to be angry enough to go to a player's social media page to abuse him cause of a football match. To send a bomb threat, I am lost for words.
Completely agree, but it's worth noting that as an American I can't wrap my mind around the notion that across the pond you guys have to have 'away sections' of the stadiums because the entire fanbase takes it so seriously that nobody can sit next to a fan wearing the opposing team's shirt without the potential for a fight. Isn't that also people not being able to recognize that football isn't important?

MalaysianRed7

This is very bad. A bomb threat for not being good at football? A lot of us could be in huge trouble if that’s the case. Utterly embarrassing, just hope it’s not a United fan, albeit that doesn’t really matter. Harry doesn’t deserve this.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Oh damn, so he did get bombed then? Wonder why that hasn't made the news yet. You must have the exclusive mate. Bombing of a player. Give over ffs.
Believe it or not, but there is a distinction between threatening to bomb someone and actually bombing someone.

I doubt there would be a single joke here, if he was actually bombed.

Yeah so in your eyes wishing someone was injured is all okay then because it doesn't actually happen.

Hopefully you treat a player you love better !

Seems like people take football too much to heart that it actually turns their personality sour.

MichaelRed

Yeah so in your eyes wishing someone was injured is all okay then because it doesn't actually happen.

Seems like people take football too much to heart that it actually turns their personality sour.
What nonsense are you talking about? You said people are being too nonchalant about our player being bombed. He wasn't fecking bombed. Idk how you've equated that to wishing injury on someone.

jem

or you just enjoy virtue signalling on a football message board.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

It's horrible for Maguire and his family to recieve a bomb threat, but he must have known the threat wasn't genuine.

I'm no bomb expert, but you probably don't email the person you're about to blow to smithereens with a friendly warning beforehand if you intend to cause damage :p

I'm not trying to make light of this, it was a horrible thing to do and I hope they catch the person responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.