Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy Ferguson

‘The 2016 champions had been holding out for a deal worth £80m in total, and United are understood to have come up with acceptable terms, with around £10m wrapped up in conditional clauses.‘

Must be £70m upfront, with +£10m in bonuses.
Acceptable if true. If Napoli would have sold for 75m + 15m I would have preferred Koulibaly. Nevertheless, AWB and Maguire will strengthen us immensely.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Please get this over the line, United. This would be a marvellous signing. Along with Obi-Wan, we'll have improved our defence and general build-up play from the back so much.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

And apparently this is the guy who started today’s Maguire to United stories and if some are to be believed, this guy is a tier 1 source on Liecester news. I guess we will know soon enough.
Everyone trust Sean from derby

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

And apparently this is the guy who started today’s Maguire to United stories and if some are to be believed, this guy is a tier 1 source on Liecester news. I guess we will know soon enough.

I certainly remember him being right on a couple of their lineups before release.
But this'll be bigger, to say the least.

SirAF

Ageist
It’s insane, but that’s the market and they need a very good CB to go with Lindelöf. Happy with this!

Adnandos

Not mad at us spending big on an upgrade at CB, even if we do this transfer I won’t be upset. But if we’re going to break the world transfer record on a defender you’d think it’d be on someone a tad better than Harry Maguire.

Gopher Brown

Acceptable if true. If Napoli would have sold for 75m + 15m I would have preferred Koulibaly. Nevertheless, AWB and Maguire will strengthen us immensely.
2 years younger than Koulibaly and has played in Premier League for 3 seasons. Koulibaly is probably the better player, but these things must count for something.

Ridiculous fee, but they all are these days. The bottom line is he will improve our defence a lot. Just because he doesn’t have a fancy name doesn’t mean he’s not a good player.

Bojan11

Feel we going in circles.

Last Sunday it was claimed that it is done and he’s having his medical.

The exact same this Sunday.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Feel we going in circles.

Last Sunday it was claimed that it is done and he’s having his medical.

The exact same this Sunday.
Last Sunday it was The Sun & ITK Simon.

And this Sunday is Bleacher Report & ITK Sean.

No one really credible (BBC, Manchester press pack, etc.) has yet reported it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

His latest tweet is how the "news is spreading fast", with an absolutely joke site posting the same news.

Bleacher report is supposedly more reliable than most, but it depends if they've lifted it from this guy. That seems to be the way.

Nickosaur

There are going to be grumbles about the price, but when all is said and done, our defence is going to be fecking solid this season.

Sveinp

Supports
Good in the air in both boxes. Calm and can play his way out of defense. Whats the downside? Pricey, but i think he will improve us quite a bit. Get in. .

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ah ok. I don't trust him then. I only trust Sean from Derby ;)

Thanks for the clarification though
Very easy to misread his handle quickly!
As after all, I dare say most people haven't heard of Enderby!

But to me, the fact he's a local makes it seem more likely he has a source, than the likes of those bloody reddit idiots who are teens not even based in the UK!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There are going to be grumbles about the price, but when all is said and done, our defence is going to be fecking solid this season.
Completely.
Let all the other fans laugh. We laughed at Van Dyke, and we saw what happened.

The only thing that matters, are the questions
1)Is he better than what we have
2)Will he perform well.

A certainty of a yes on number 1.
Time will tell on the second.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
His latest tweet is how the "news is spreading fast", with an absolutely joke site posting the same news.

Bleacher report is supposedly more reliable than most, but it depends if they've lifted it from this guy. That seems to be the way.
I guess we will know soon enough. Like last Sunday, Leicester have another friendly this coming Tuesday and if Maguire features, another batch of “ITK’s” lose their credibility.

Last Sunday The Sun, Simon ITK & Ian McGarry of The Transfer Podcast were proven wrong.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I guess we will know soon enough. Like last Sunday, Leicester have another friendly this coming Tuesday and if Maguire features, another batch of “ITK’s” lose their credibility.

Last Sunday The Sun, Simon ITK & Ian McGarry of The Transfer Podcast were proven wrong.
It seems amazing that the other "Breaking news" was only a week ago! It seems ages back!

The White Pele

Just imagine how comforting it will be every week when you are waiting for the line-ups to come out to know that you will see

————-De Gea
AWB-Maguire-Lindelof-Shaw

rather than wondering if player x will be dropped for a string of errors, or if we will play with a back 5 to cover for Dalot’s/Young’s defensive weaknesses.

It will be a big fee but will hopefully bring some much needed assurance and consistency that we can build from.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just imagine how comforting it will be every week when you are waiting for the line-ups to come out to know that you will see

————-De Gea
AWB-Maguire-Lindelof-Shaw

rather than wondering if player x will be dropped for a string of errors, or if we will play with a back 5 to cover for Dalot’s/Young’s defensive weaknesses.

It will be a big fee but will hopefully bring some much needed assurance and consistency that we can build from.
Without jinxing that this time this Maguire news is actually true, how much more certain does that defence look than at the start of the window!

De Gea looking absolutely odds to go leave.
No right back
Usual suspects in defence.

Now I don't actually mind someone like Jones on occasion, and I still think Smalling is a better option than Lindelöf. BUT I think it's pretty clear none of our centre backs are even remotely leaders, or improve who they play next to. I'd hope Maguire is and does both.

ManchesterYoda

Completely.
Let all the other fans laugh. We laughed at Van Dyke, and we saw what happened.

The only thing that matters, are the questions
1)Is he better than what we have
2)Will he perform well.

A certainty of a yes on number 1.
Time will tell on the second.
I didn't laugh at Van Dijk, I was depressed. Liverpool used to have a strong attack and weak defense, then they signed a CB who was statistically very strong. They've been buying the right players and that's why they got 97 points and won the Champions League. Anyone who laughed at Liverpool signing Van Dijk is an idiot.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Then leicester's stance should be not for sale at any cost, or valuing him reasonably and not have an unrealistic valuation of a player who wants to play at a higher level and it might be the only chance to move in his career since they are already making around 50m profit from the current bid on the player.

This stance only states Leicester are greedy for as much money they can fleece.
I don’t recall a transfer, where a club hasn’t asked for more than they feel the player is worth.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I didn't laugh at Van Dijk, I was depressed. Liverpool used to have a strong attack and weak defense, then they signed a CB who was statistically very strong. They've been buying the right players and that's why they got 97 points and won the Champions League. Anyone who laughed at Liverpool signing Van Dijk is an idiot.
You can only say that now though, that's the point - as no one can argue.
Plenty argued at the time that it was a mad fee. Much like people are doing with Maguire.

Let's hope for a similar improvement!

We could certainly learn from Liverpool's style of piecing their team together, but from AWB and Maguire examples it looks like we're trying to.

Status
Not open for further replies.