Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
Thankfully the mirror talk absolute shite.

£100m ? What a load of rubbish.

If anything it would be city out of the running for that price. They dont spend large large fees like that
Thats funny - you just paid 50m for a guy who has one decent season and only managed to be in consideration for the u21's! :)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think Maguire is a decent CB, but for the money they want it's just not worthwhile. He's not better then say Kurt Zouma.

His fancy runs he does with the ball from the back give him this extra flair which seems to add another 30m on top, but realistically it's not worth the extra.

He's good in the air but he's not much better than Smalling in that regard, and he isn't a better defender IMO.

If we're going to pay that much we should be aiming for people like De Ligt/Koulibaly, or go for the next big thing in the future.

For now Smalling/Lindelof/Tuanzebe/Bailly is more than enough, but I'd prefer if we get a better CDM.

Leicester_Loyal

Supports
Leicester
We'll accept lower than 100m, 100%. 75-80 million and he'd be off. That article is bullshit.

LiamB

Just look at the last two players we beat city to, think were best avoiding this one for the price quoted.

Suvvernmanc

Thats funny - you just paid 50m for a guy who has one decent season and only managed to be in consideration for the u21's! :)
£50m for a player who has played for England for years in the youth setup and has shown his quality.

Maguire going for £25m more than the current world record CB and probable best CB in the world.? Not having that mate!

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
£50m for a player who has played for England for years in the youth setup and has shown his quality.

Maguire going for £25m more than the current world record CB and probable best CB in the world.? Not having that mate!
See the argument, don`t agree mind (But you could have guessed that!) :)
Harry has proven far more than AWB, both at club and international level, and whilst I agree that VVD went for 75m, that was then this is now. Would dread to think what he would for now, but it would be well over 100m, especially as he would be coming from Liverpool rather than little ol' Leicster. Oh, and I agree with the previous Leicester poster, 100m is a discouraging value, not a true value that would be accepted.

DancingPanda

Feel like this one might happen. I'd be happy with a CB partnership of Maguire and Lindelof. At least Maguire brings an aerial presence we massively lack.
Thing is Maguire is quite similar to Andreas Granqvist and Lindelöf created a great partnership with him. They'll be good together imo

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The price for this tool goes up every 20 minutes. Joke - he's not even that good

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
If he goes for anything close to 100m the market is broken. He is a decent defender but he's not that good, imagine harry maguire the most expensive defender ever :houllier::lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Could've bought Leicester City FC for 40 million not that long ago.
How much would they cost now?
If Maddison and Maguire would be 150m between them, we might as well look at buying their club, as they have a few decent players.

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
How much would they cost now?
If Maddison and Maguire would be 150m between them, we might as well look at buying their club, as they have a few decent players.
Ok. Quite sure Top will happily p*ss over his late fathers wishes and asset strip the club :nono:

Folks can sound quite spoilt and entitled at times. But I am sure it was said in jest (for about the 50th time)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok. Quite sure Top will happily p*ss over his late fathers wishes and asset strip the club :nono:

Folks can sound quite spoilt and entitled at times. But I am sure it was said in jest (for about the 50th time)
Don't worry, we'll buy you as well.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Hope it's true. Is steeper than it should be but as long as we get him I don't care.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Would be a good signing. Getting to the top end of what we should be paying though.
I wouldn't mind some how doing a double deal with Ndidi. Think we need someone like him in midfield

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I didnt want him ahead of a couple other targets but if he's the man that Ole wants we should just tie him down ASAP and get a solid pre season with him. Glad we are just bidding a bit higher to get it over the line.

Leicester are getting a great deal too. I'd be pissed if they want more.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Good grief, 70m. I get that fees are stupid now, but he isnt even that good. Could have Kurt Zouma off us for about 30

Tiber

Good, get it done and get him working with DDG and Lindelof all preseason.

Bestietom

Yes, we have upped our offer from 65 million to 70million.Now awaiting to see what City will do.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Its mad to think of all our fans who don't want this guy, who has played very well in the PL for a good few seasons now, as well as for England, yet want to take a risk on unproven players abroad so they can moan about them by December..... (Rojo, Lindelof, Bailly, Blind)

GoldanoGraham

Would be a great signing - has leadership qualities that we severely lack - can play the ball out of the back as well - won’t be dreaming of pissing off to Madrid or Barcelona either.....

Bwuk

AWB went for 50m - if that’s any indication of prices then Maguire for 70m is fine.

AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw

Seems good to me. Hopefully sell one or two of our CBs to help recoup some of the fee.

Anekdote

Sign him, he's miles better than what we have and would be a crucial player immediately. Give them Rojo or Young for free additionally.

Cloud7

Hope we get this one done soon-ish. Give him time to develop some chemistry with the ice man.

Status
Not open for further replies.