Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks2008

If the aim is to play a high line his pace would be a hindrance, and on top of this I do think he's a bit overrated. Has mistakes in him that I never see mentioned enough.

Has his good qualities for sure and probably wouldn't be against it for the right price but IMO he isn't worth the big fees that are toted for him.

Dante

Average bang
If the aim is to play a high line his pace would be a hindrance, and on top of this I do think he's a bit overrated. Has mistakes in him that I never see mentioned enough.

Has his good qualities for sure and probably wouldn't be against it for the right price but IMO he isn't worth the big fees that are toted for him.
It wasn't for Pique.

Ole has previously stated that he's a fan of Guardiola's style. It wouldn't surprise me if he's planning a high-press, high posession system. Having a decent header who's good on the ball will be important to that.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It wasn't for Pique.

Ole has previously stated that he's a fan of Guardiola's style. It wouldn't surprise me if he's planning a high-press, high posession system. Having a decent header who's good on the ball will be important to that.
Also important that they are not slow on the turn

Dolf

Slightly better than what we have but it depends on how munch Leicester want. If they want €50-70 million i'd rather see us take that money and invest a little more and go all out on Koulibaly or a young talent.

Stevondo8

Agree with this. Better on the ball but ultimately don't consider him much of an upgrade on what we already have. Not for the fees mentioned. Reckon there's better out there for that kind of price tag/not much more.

Hawks2008

It wasn't for Pique.

Pique wasn't lightning but he wasn't as slow as Maguire though. As I said he has his good qualities but I do not think he's the world class defensive presence we need.

Tiber

I was perfectly open to signing him last year, Would be a shame to see him end up at City

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I hope we sign him. £50m would be fair but I'd imagine we'll end up paying £65-75m.

BlueHaze

Last season they did. Given the hype has calmed since the world cup perhaps he's attainable for cheaper?
I don't think so tbh. He's very important to them and looking at todays market I can't see him going for less than £70m.

The Irish Connection

If we could get him for around 60m it would be the best option. 2 years younger than Koulibaly and not a huge difference in quality I feel.

izec

If Koulibaly is far too expensive, and we have no chance with De Ligt, he would be a good third option. Who cares if we overpay by 10 or 20m, we seriously lack massive quality at CB.

davidmichael

I was perfectly open to signing him last year, Would be a shame to see him end up at City
I’d be very open to us throwing £140 million at Leicester for Maguire, Maddison and Chilwell to be honest.

Robertd0803

I’d be very open to us throwing £140 million at Leicester for Maguire, Maddison and Chilwell to be honest.
Might need a few more quid than that if Leicester had any sense but I agree.

Hell I wouldnt say no to Vardy either on the grounds he actually knows how to score goals.

Sterling Archer

If it happens twice it will happen a third...

Fred
Sanchez
And now Maguire?

Players City were 'after', sending to swoop in and hijack the move! Unlike the other two, Maguire would actually be an upgrade on what we've got at back.. Jones and Smalling.

manunited1919

We need to fix RB, RW, ST, CDM, and possibly another midfielder. While we do need to eventually upgrade our CB, there are other areas that really are crying out for repair much more than CB.

Lee565

Give them Shaw, Jones and Lingard in exchange plus money, not the worse deal in the world for either side

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
They'd probably reject that offer. 140 for 3 players in this market is probably too low.

I'm hoping we offer 120-150 for Maguire + Ndidi. Or maybe send Bailly/Jones the other way to reduce the overall fee if all parties are keen.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This rumour feels like the Jonny Evans rumour to me.

Probably on a list of back ups in case their preferred targets aren't a goer.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Stones not good enough then?

ToToMarshall

With both Kompany and Otamendi going, I can’t help but think City will go for a bigger name than Maguire tbh. Can’t see them splashing £65-75+m on a guy who in my mind would still only be their 3rd best central-defender. Not even they’re that stupid with money.

I’d definitely take him at United though. Unlike at City, he’d walk in and instantly be our best defender. If Koulibaly and De Ligt don’t fancy the step-down to help drag us up back up, I can think of worse players for us to sign.

mu4c_20le

Better than any other centre back we have including Lindelof.
If City get him it is another set back for us, do not want to see smalling,jones,rojo etc near our line up again.
losing maguire is a setback now? :lol: Id rather get Koulibaly for that kind of money. City can have him.

ToToMarshall

Stones not good enough then?
I heard/read Stones hasn’t been getting in the side for the last month or so much because of ‘personal reasons’, whatever that means. I don’t know how much you take Guardiola on his word, but he’s basically said as long as he’s there, so will Stones.

Anyway with the City links it’s not really got anything to do with Stones or Laporte. They’re losing Kompany and there’s been loads of reports that Otamendi’s unsettled by how little he’s played this year and wants a move too. They need to sign replacements.

ToToMarshall

losing maguire is a setback now? :lol: Id rather get Koulibaly for that kind of money. City can have him.
Whatever “kind of money” gets you Maguire, doesn’t get you Koulibaly sadly. That’s assuming Koulibaly would even want to join anyway.

Aloysius's Back 3

I'd like Maguire if we got rid of 2 off Jones, Rojo & Bailly. That would still leave us with another need for a LCB. I don't want maguire being the only defender to come but wouldn't mind him coming along with another to add stability to our defence rather than holding on to trash.

tjb

He is more than good enough for us, the only thing that worries me is the fee as we cannot dedicate a third of our budget to one signing. Personally i would sign Ake who would cost between 30 to 50M ( united tax).

Scholsey2004

It's criminal that we weren't in for maddison when he left Norwich. I can see him kicking on and being a top class player. I'd swap chilwell for ndidi in that deal by the way. Maguire, ndidi and maddison would really improve us.

Suvvernmanc

Didn't we get quoted like £75m for him last summer? That's a ridiculous figure when other CB have gone for £40-50m. Hes no VVD so if that figure is what were looking at this summer then it's a no from me.

Prices go up I get that, but I would think no more than £60m and that would be about right.

I'd rather Kalidou Koulibaly be our first choice though. But Maguire would absolutely be our best CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.