Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.

0le

Ahead of the summer transfer window, Manchester United are hopeful they can reinforce the central midfield position.
Given the ongoing uncertainty surrounding current midfielder Paul Pogba, the Red Devils are keen to identify possible summer targets.

Stretty News can exclusively reveal that one player Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is targeting is Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Harry Winks.
https://strettynews.com/2021/06/04/exclusive-manchester-united-make-contact-for-spurs-midfielder/

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'd rather watch McFred double pivot for the rest of my life than watch us sign Harry fecking Wanks

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Most likely bullshit link but I think he could be an interesting one. We should know better than most that playing for a Mourinho side can be detrimental to player performance. We have plenty of examples, Shaw being the most noticeable.

Swedish_Plumber

Harry winks is more pointless than Cleverly at the end of his United career. Least Tom looked a player at some point.

studs

Someone is trying to plant a seed. I hope Woodworth does not see this.

mu4c_20le

Can't see him coming to us when Barca are also looking to reinforce their midfield

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I actually quite like him :nervous: though we can do better I am sure.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If you were to put a gun to my head then, yes, this is a good signing.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Hi Daniel we wanna buy Harry...

I'm just gonna stop you there Kane is not for sale

Kane?? Uh we meant Winks, whats your beef?

FatTails

One Harry to City, and one to United. Good to see that we’re keeping pace with the champions :wenger:

Seriously though, this is clearly nonsense.

Withnail

He's a bit of a nothing player isn't he?

I've seen him play in matches but I can't quite recall him doing anything. Does he do anything particularly well?

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Winks was superb under Pochettino, before it all went a bit pear shaped. He struggled to really find a place under Mourinho, and ended up looking a bit shite.

A bit like Dele, really, but he never really had the opportunity under peak Poch to stand out as much.

He's not as bad as he's looked recently - and could easily turn a corner - but I think a lot of the disdain spurs fans have towards him have come from his reaction to being dropped under Mourinho. The general image is of a player that isn't self-aware of his own shortcomings or bad form. Like Eric Dier.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I just had a look at a video of his and I liked this comment :D

YT Comment said:
You know the players is not good enough if nothing happens even when the beat drops
As expected, it was nothing but safe passes.

kidbob

God no, he is honestly the most pointless player I've ever seen play in the Premier League. Also he would cost a lot more than someone like Camavinga. Hell Hannibal is already ahead of him in terms of ability for me. Garner would also be a better option too. Both of them are already here.

kidbob

Hi Daniel we wanna buy Harry...

I'm just gonna stop you there Kane is not for sale

Kane?? Uh we meant Winks, whats your beef?
Maybe thats the trick. We sign Winks and then rub out his last name and write Kane and there you go we bought Harry Kane for 50 million. That's about the only reason I could imagine targeting someone as awful as Winks.

slored1

The most pointless midfielder in the history of football. Can't pass, can't dribble, can't defend. Utter crap.

edcunited1878

He would be a nice depth signing for under 20M. Play cup games, fill in for injuries. An orthodox central midfielder who has a good attitude and motor. Poch rated him and was quite reliable in that system. Maybe Carrick sees something in him similar to when he made the switch from Spurs?

Is he the players to take the central midfield another level, paired with or without Pogba...no.

Status
Not open for further replies.