Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Love

Winks was superb under Pochettino, before it all went a bit pear shaped. He struggled to really find a place under Mourinho, and ended up looking a bit shite.

A bit like Dele, really, but he never really had the opportunity under peak Poch to stand out as much.

He's not as bad as he's looked recently - and could easily turn a corner - but I think a lot of the disdain spurs fans have towards him have come from his reaction to being dropped under Mourinho. The general image is of a player that isn't self-aware of his own shortcomings or bad form. Like Eric Dier.
If he sticks around at Spurs next season, it’ll be interesting to see if Big Sam can help him turn that corner.

Aouer-United

So same person that doesn't want Winks

But also the same person that thinks Mctominay or Fred is good enough for United.

L1nk

If we genuinely go for Harry Winks it confirms we have an English obsession with our players at this club. He's awful.

Dante

Average bang
If we genuinely go for Harry Winks it confirms we have an English obsession with our players at this club. He's awful.
No, it wouldn't.

The only English first teamers that United have bought in the since 2012 are Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw and Nick Powell (if you can call him a first teamer).

kidbob

Hes exactly Tom Cleverly. Looked handy in the Unders. Decent prospect as he broke into first team then just plateued
That is a huge, and I mean huge, insult to what Cleverley produced for us. Just to be clear Tom was basically worthless but Winks is somehow much much worse than that.

Bondi77

Does this meet the credibility test?
If it does there is going to be a shite storm of garbage flooding onto this Forum.

el3mel

Does this meet the credibility test?
If it does there is going to be a shite storm of garbage flooding onto this Forum.
No, it's just a shit source at the moment so the whole thing is treated like a joke and nothing more. Hopefully we don't find ourselves discussing it seriously later. :nervous:

Silas

No, it wouldn't.

The only English first teamers that United have bought in the since 2012 are Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw and Nick Powell (if you can call him a first teamer).
AWB?

Champagne Football

Has to be a nonsense rumour, seem as Spurs don't even have a manager, so how can they decide who to sell if they don't have a manager to make those decisions!

But Jose Mourinho has made many a great or solid player look total wank - Shaw, Pogba, Rashford, Salah, Kaka, Dele Alli, Fred, De Bruyne, Lindelof etc So you write off a player who looked wank under Jose at your peril.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Has to be a nonsense rumour, seem as Spurs don't even have a manager, so how can they decide who to sell if they don't have a manager to make those decisions!

But Jose Mourinho has made many a great or solid player look total wank - Shaw, Pogba, Rashford, Salah, Kaka, Dele Alli, Fred, De Bruyne, Lindelof etc So you write off a player who looked wank under Jose at your peril.
Sneaky! :lol:
Nice try though

Mylock

He'd be helluva lot cheaper than that Rice bloke.

Glazernomics.
Yes, he's cheaper because he not as good. Part of the reason we are in this mess in midfield is because we have signed players of this level - Fred, schledian etc. Let's not settle for inferior players, let's get rice/ ndidi/bossumo or hold off until we get players of the right level.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We can’t surely be going after him? He ain’t an upgrade on what we’ve got. Seems like we have an obsession with English players.

gajender

I find it strange that there are rules regarding not allowed to post tweets from obvious nonsense sources in transfer tweets thread ,but complete thread on player transfer based on obvious nonsense article is allowed.
Shouldn't this thread be locked until some credible links appear @Carolina Red

Renegade

What the hell has he done to earn a move to Manchester United ffs. Our standards are in the mud. 4th choice Spurs midfielder found his way on our shortlist.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
What the hell has he done to earn a move to Manchester United ffs. Our standards are in the mud. 4th choice Spurs midfielder found his way on our shortlist.
Have you thought maybe he's not on our shortlist and this link is bollocks?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
:lol: @Raees you guys had a shocker here.
I still think he’s a decent player and Poch thought so too. Just not a Mourinho player. He is a good player in the deep areas in terms of build up play which is something we struggle with in particular but defensively he’s weak.

GueRed

Reasonable transfer fee...

Relative low wage.

Perfect for our budget.

Is he good enough? Will he improve the first team?

I dont know. I havent watched enough of him tbh.

led_scholes

If we are interested in him and Tottenham are fine selling him, why cant we be Italians for a moment? Loan with a 5 mil. fee and option for another 20.

diarm

Finally, a replacement for Cleverly.

Now we just need to replace Obertan and the jigsaw is complete.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Cleverley was like all action Vidal compared to ;)s

Gerald G

There's no chance this is true. I would genuinely want Ole sacked if this happened, because it would show that he is truly clueless

like all those other English players we keep bringing in. We don’t buy any of them bloody foreigners do we.

laughable post.

Status
Not open for further replies.