Has Martial done enough to be backed as our long-term #9?

pearl1337

Signing Sancho is mandatory.

A front three of Sancho-Martial-Rashford (with Bruno right behind) + James and Greenwood as reliable subs/competition would work to challenge for Top3.
Honestly, all I want, is for Mason to play every game. If we continue like this, we might aswell spend the money on a better defender and another midfielder instead of Sancho. Mason is lethal! We also have some good prospects coming up now.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is our main man now. I'd be very shock if people still have doubt.

NinjaFletch

I think Rio was spot on at half time.

The talent has always been there, but he's putting it together into a complete package in a way I didn't think he was going to be able to.

I'd be happy going in to the season with him as first choice now, he's earnt it and I don't think there are many players out there that are a significant improvement.

King Andow

The technique was always there, now he's showing the regularity and it'll only get better. Missed 9 games due to injury and illness, had Pereira, Lingard and Mata trying to create behind him for months and still gets 20 (and will get more) in the season. Let Tony work.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
20 for the season, more goals as a trio (Rashford, Martial and Greenwood) than Mane, Salah and Firmino. Martial now that he has Pogba and Bruno in the side, is on another level and making the step up.

RedDevilUnited369

Ole knows what he’s doing. It’s clear to me now!

I love Martial but I was bemused at extending Ighalo until Jan effectively killing a striker buy this summer transfer window...

But Ole is improving our young players into WC performers...

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He is approaching the right age now. And we also have to remember he was starved of no9 experience under Mourinho.

But you can see how much more he is enjoying himself and the extra effort he puts into his performances.

He might just make it.

gajender

I haven't seen much of Haaland but all the people who wants to replace Martial with him do you think he is capable of playing in interchangeable front three while being maintaining fluidity because that's what we seem to be building towards.

SirScholes

Still wish he’d stop trying to run through players and try a new trick or skill.
With his finishing he’d bag an easy 10 goals if he could create a bit space for himself similar to the way greenwood can

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Some people are looking very silly right now.

Still want Icardi, Dembele or Edouard to replace him?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SirScholes

Some people are looking very silly right now.

Still want Icardi, Dembele or Edouard to replace him?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I don’t think anyone is looking silly
He’s played good in a couple games since the restart and alright in others. Fingers crossed he continues and this is now his normal form and not a purple patch
Without sounding too harsh because it was a great goal I wasn’t overalls impressed with the rest of his game but that might be because greenwood was THAT good and stole the show

AneRu

Ole knows what he’s doing. It’s clear to me now!

I love Martial but I was bemused at extending Ighalo until Jan effectively killing a striker buy this summer transfer window...

But Ole is improving our young players into WC performers...
But Ighalo gives us a relatively cheap squad option and this gives us the flexibility to go all out on other positions. I actually wish we could keep him beyond January, at least until the summer because by then Greenwood would have shown whether he is good as a wide forward or as a central striker which will inform our decision for the summer 2021.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He scored today - so he's got a long term future.

Will pop in when he hasn't scored and see the comments.

I'm joshing, we're looking exciting!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He’s played good in a couple games since the restart and alright in others. Fingers crossed he continues and this is now his normal form and not a purple patch
Without sounding too harsh because it was a great goal I wasn’t overalls impressed with the rest of his game but that might be because greenwood was THAT good and stole the show
That's because you judge strikers by their goal tally.

SirScholes

That's because you judge strikers by their goal tally.
Thank fully we don’t just judge them on that at United. Non of strikers have just been goal scorers, they’ve been great footballers which helps you dominate the top sides as well as the relegation teams

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
No there are definitely some looking silly.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Honestly, all I want, is for Mason to play every game. If we continue like this, we might aswell spend the money on a better defender and another midfielder instead of Sancho. Mason is lethal! We also have some good prospects coming up now.
You might be right! Lord, the goals he scored yesterday.

Zoo

You see that desire to outmuscle Tyrone Mings and start the counter?

Yagami

Good post resistant
There was another moment where he made a slide tackle in our half and won the ball brilliantly. His defensive work has been great this half.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is so important for our game, his hold up play, ability to beat defenders is just awesome.

Skills

Snitch
More importantly the skillset. He's our best dribbler in tight spaces and he's perfect in the middle because his touch and control means it's awfully difficult to get the ball off him.

Sunburnt Red

Supports
United
Martial was amazing for Greenwoods goal, great tenacity to win the ball and play it forward. He's been fantastic since the return of football, anyone reckon this is anything to do with Pogba being back in the team and the so called "french connection"

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Brilliant for the Greenwood goal. Absolutely raging when he came off too.

arnie_ni

Im still undecided if i can give bruno player of the season for half a season, but if i dont, i think its martial's otherwise

Tiber

He has improved so much under Ole. Didnt score today but his hold up play was very good and he had a huge role in Greenwood's goal

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I love him. Fantastic player and that off the ball work rate is now there, the hunger, and his on the ball hold up play has also gone up a few notches. Great to see.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How is this thread still a thing? Seriously.

InfiniteBoredom

Should’ve been allowed to stay on to hunt for that goal.

If that strike with his left foot went in it would have been a pretty darn textbook centre forward performance.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
martial has removed any doubts from me that he deserves to be at the club, and now has the skills and consistency to be relied upon in any type of game.

Not quite ‘Cannot be dropped’ status like RVN or RVP but that may come in the future.

Nick7

I didn’t think it was for him. I didn’t think he was good enough to be a #9 in terms of movement, and work rate.

I’m a fecking fool. He’s been excellent since the restart and I hope he continues this improvement.