Has Ole given up on next season already?

JohnnyKills

He's a decent guy and he probably doesn't want to bullshit the fans. Fair enough really. We all know we're shit so no point him trying to sugarcoat it.

Enigma_87

You know who
And Real is just a bit better team. We are more in the range of where Liverpool was when Klopp took over. And Solskjaer still has better point collection than Klopp did his first season.
Again with this stupid comparison. Care to compare both resumes before they took United and Pool?

Denis79

He's a decent guy and he probably doesn't want to bullshit the fans. Fair enough really. We all know we're shit so no point him trying to sugarcoat it.
He could be even more honest imo. We all know how bad it is and that there is no quick fix.

AJ10

As I've said it isn't black and white. Sure he deserves credit for the unbeaten run, but also he deserves the blame for the bad run. It was a great run, but then he also had the worst run of any manager in the last 30 years including Moyes. If you balance it out we finished 6, were eliminated in all cups, and played the same dross at the end we did before Jose was sacked.

Given his credentials and the end result - do you believe he's the right man for the job, all things considered?

It wasn't just individual mistakes. We didn't look compact, we didn't look organized, we looked clueless in attack. Rewatch our games (or highlights) tactically we were very naive and we really shown no plan B when things didn't go our way. He couldn't bounce back from defeats, we lost points to relegated sides back to back when we were in contention for the 4th spot. Look at his late subs, odd subs, lack of center backs on the bench and bunch of midfielders. His selections were questionable all over. He was trying all sorts of things that didn't work, and somehow he's expected to pull some rabbit out of the hat in the Summer and start of new season?

I hear some want stability, based on what we've seen these 5-6 months, do you even know his preferred formation and tactics at United?

You can't have it both ways mate. Any other day vs Spurs we would end up beaten and that run would've never happened. Any other day Burnley wouldn't feck up 2 goals lead at OT. VAR wouldn't call that peno in the box, or they would've converted one or two chances they had. Lukaku would've missed that 88th minute winner against Soton.

So we did have some good results, but tactically there was a good chance that run wouldn't happen and would've ended up either against Spurs or Burnley.

Agreed with that.

At the end of the day his record and what he achieved was... well average. Didn't get us in top 4, eliminated in all cups, has feck all credentials at top level, so exactly why are we giving this guy a chance? Because he's nice? Because he played for us? Or due to 14 games of good and 15 of bad results?

This is Solari record at Real:

Real Madrid 30 October 2018 11 March 2019 32 22 2 8 71 37 +34 68.75

Ole's:

Manchester United (caretaker) 19 December 2018 28 March 2019 19 14 2 3 73.7
Manchester United 28 March 2019 Present 10 2 2 6 20.0

Solari had 6 more wins, 1 loss less(albeit played 2 games more).

One got the sack, the other three year contract.
Not sure who he's suppose to play if not them at the moment and technically we can call nearly every player "dross" in our team. Ofcourse if they the likes of Young/Smalling/Jones/Rojo/Matic/Lingard etc are starters next season and we neglect our weak areas then he'll be gone sooner rather than later.

Is he the right man for the job? Was LVG/Jose? Who knows tbh I thought jose would come in and clear these crap players out but all he did was made them first names on the sheet. Based on the way Molde play and our earlier glimpses, I do have a tiny hope we'd play some decent football IF we get some decent signings. He was hired due to that run and IMO he had something to do with that (others don't) we'll see next season, if he's the right man.

Our performances went downhill after that PSG game because he changed the way we played, went counter attack style because we had too many muscle injuries trying to play high intensity football but despite that we still managed to created chances and of course missed them (already pointed out in my previous post). I am not saying he didn't make mistakes (Klopp/Pep have as well)with late subs, Most Cb's were injured i think (if you're talking about the last game). But as I said before regardless of tactics if your players miss easy chances and you let in easy goals through mistakes then you have no chance.

Based on the way Molde play and the way we tried to play earlier on, 4-4-3/4-2-3-1 is his preferred formation with High press/Quick passes/Build from back/Really aggressive style. Watch Molde if you want to know more as i am sure you like others think Ole's style is only counter attack and for some reason think the style earlier was drawn up by players.

Well neither can you have it both ways, Any other day Rashford/Pogba could have taken their chances and made it 2/3-0 to United then spurs would have found it even harder to win/Draw, We wouldn't have made mistakes which Burnley scored 2 goals from, Not sure why it wouldn't be a pen based on the rules of the game its a pen, Lukaku might have missed that chance but we could have scored from the number of chances we created in both halfs, We could have taken our chances/Not f'ed up vs Arsenal/Wolves/Huddersfield/Cardiff/Chelsea then we'd be in top 3/4. it works both ways, its not like the opposition were the only ones creating chances.

Well when he came in we were 8+ points below 4th I believe and got close to getting top 4 unfortunately our players f'ed up too many easy chances in important games. were you expecting a CL final with our squad? LVG and Jose had all the credentials in the world but both failed, so they don't mean much. You have to ask Ed Woodward that question.

If you're going to compare managers then you also have to look at the squad and league. We certainly don't have the squad Real Madrid do and their oppositions are certainly not strong bar 2/3 teams. I've already listed the good teams we faced and got good results in our winning run and in our bad run ;players miss easy chances vs Arsenal and give them 2 crappy goals, 3 sitters vs Wolves and Defenders f up, De gea vs Chelsea, and our feck ups in the last 2 games with easy chances being missed and Individual errors costing us goals plus we faced Barca (2)/City (anyone expecting us to win vs them needs their heads examined IMO). In our bad run we've simply missed too many easy chances then gifted them goals with individual errors, not sure what any manager can do about that. Of course that doesn't mean didn't make mistakes with his subs/Lineups/ could have stayed with the earlier style rather than change it due to injuries etc.

At the end of the day, who knows how this will turn out as Jose was suppose to be this **Guarantee** but failed.

We'll find out next season.

StrettyEnder07

And if it all comes back to bite you on the arse? Will you come back here, hold your hands up, and admit you got it wrong?

I for one will be absolutely astonished if Ole ends up making a success of this.
Certainly will mate, he may well fail as the last 3 managers have, not saying he is guaranteed to succeed thats your man Enigma or whatever he's called putting words in my mouth.

I think Ole deserves a crack at it, 100% and will hold fire judging and wanting him sacked until he has had the chance to get rid of most of the players causing a toxic dressing room.

If he fails he fails, I sure as hell won't be going anywhere.

I thought Jose would succeed, proved very wrong there.

StrettyEnder07

It always will be 2/3 years away with this CEO and these owners. It has been for the last 6 years.
Very true mate, that's me assuming that we sort this absolute mess out and start building a decent side and not chop and change every 6 months and continue to have a squad made up of various managers.

StrettyEnder07

@StrettyEnder07 I give up replying to the last nonsense especially reading on Kovac, who apparently I've used as an example despite, literally spelling you the names of Bayern managers I had in mind..

Your business strategy is throwing shit against the wall and hope one sticks that is clear. Wonder if you do the same in your personal life when someone presents you the bill.

If Ole fails you will just shrug off and say what's the big deal then?

your quote 4-5 months ago:

As I said, have a word with yourself. You seem to have short memory there lad?

Or have I put that in your mouth as well?

"We have a very strong squad" only when it suits your "top red" agenda am I right?
Hahahaha so your argument is now going back through my timeline from months ago, and using my suggestion that we have a nucleolus of good KIDS (all the ones I have quoted) and saying that I have contradicted myself, the 1st squad is very poor, as in Lukaku, Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Fred, Pogba, Matic, Pereira, Martial, Young, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Darmian, Rojo, Bailly, Shaw.

The nucleolus of a decent squad going forward as in Greenwood, Chong, Gomes, Garner, Tuanzebe, Henderson.

That explain it for you, hahaha I can't believe you went back through all my posts to find that, very very sad little man, in stitches here that is absolutely priceless!!!

Is that my strategy is it, thanks for letting me know, I will give you a shout on anything else to see if your genius can help with, personal life, do pretty well thanks for your concern.

I'm sure if you spend enough time going through all my posts you can find something, hahaha I love that, sad as feck, enjoy your day Top Red, no doubt you have some Googling to do to waffle on about being a Top Red while the rest of us work.

Amazing

Enigma_87

You know who
Hahahaha so your argument is now going back through my timeline from months ago, and using my suggestion that we have a nucleolus of good KIDS (all the ones I have quoted) and saying that I have contradicted myself, the 1st squad is very poor, as in Lukaku, Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Fred, Pogba, Matic, Pereira, Martial, Young, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Darmian, Rojo, Bailly, Shaw.

The nucleolus of a decent squad going forward as in Greenwood, Chong, Gomes, Garner, Tuanzebe, Henderson.

That explain it for you, hahaha I can't believe you went back through all my posts to find that, very very sad little man, in stitches here that is absolutely priceless!!!

Is that my strategy is it, thanks for letting me know, I will give you a shout on anything else to see if your genius can help with, personal life, do pretty well thanks for your concern.

I'm sure if you spend enough time going through all my posts you can find something, hahaha I love that, sad as feck, enjoy your day Top Red, no doubt you have some Googling to do to waffle on about being a Top Red while the rest of us work.

Amazing
I won't bother wasting my time with someone who will change his opinion to suit his agenda.

Whatever floats your boat, but no wonder you are still not promoted.

StrettyEnder07

I won't bother wasting my time with someone who will change his opinion to suit his agenda.

Whatever floats your boat, but no wonder you are still not promoted.
Jesus watch out lad, don't hit me where it hurts, no wonder your not promoted, ouch!!!

Assuming someone has offended you because you don't go to games or something, this why it's all the Top Red stuff you keep going on about?

You seem a bit upset, horrible when someone has a different opinion to you hey, go get some kleenex mate and wipe those tears.

Enigma_87

You know who
Jesus watch out lad, don't hit me where it hurts, no wonder your not promoted, ouch!!!

Assuming someone has offended you because you don't go to games or something, this why it's all the Top Red stuff you keep going on about?

You seem a bit upset, horrible when someone has a different opinion to you hey, go get some kleenex mate and wipe those tears.
:lol: whatever.

Nikelesh Reddy

But there is a comparison in the situations, and history has shown us that when things are a bit rotten at the club, even with a relatively successful manager it can take time to sort things out.

We have 2 choices, throw as much shit at the wall and hope something sticks, and change manager and playstyle again in a year when it hasnt worked.

Or we can back our manager to have at least a fecking transfer window, get rid of some rot at the club and bring in some players who want to play for the shirt.

Or we fall more in danger of becoming Liverpool of the last 30 years, banging on about the 'good old days' forever, and eventually writing poems about melts like Rafa Benitez
Actually it’s a bit ironic that you talk about us banging on about the “good old days” like Liverpool,because nobody talks more about the good old days than Solksjaer.I hardly remember Moyes,LVG or Jose looking back....But Ole keeps talking about the good old days in every press conference.So it’s Ole who’s stuck in the past,not anyone else....

Is there even an iota of evidence to suggest that Solksjaer has the skill set,the acumen,the quality,the experience,the personality and the track record to manage a club like United?Even managers with better track records have struggled recently,with someone like Solksjaer we”ve got no chance....

Isn’t it just better to entrust a better manager with 150 million quid?Why take the risk of letting someone sign players when there’s a huge question mark on his ability to manage the club?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I wish the internet was around when Docherty took us into the old 2nd Div. Some people on here would have been threatening to hang the poor bloke. It would have given us a few laughs though.
Like everything in life, time moves on.
The standards by which human beings were judged by in any walk of life, was different 40-50 years ago.
In today's climate, with all the money on offer, managers need to make instant impact. And if they fail to do this, they get canned.