Has the cult of Rashford become more important than the player?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I have to admire the time and energy you invest in the Rashford threads. Do you never get bored of it?
I found Martial‘s season extremely bad and I can’t wait until Pogba either leaves the club or finally shows beyond just 2-3 months per season why we paid a club record fee for him and why he is on ridiculous wages. But I just don’t see the point in writing the same boring stuff about him on a daily basis.
You don’t rate Rashford (for whatever reason, blah blah, you don’t need to write it again).
I rate him highly and feel if he is our problem then at least 20 other players in our squad are a much bigger problem (again for whatever reason).
But don’t act like your opinion is more valid than that of people who rate him.
I have to say I do find the lads on the other side of this so called argument to be very dismissive and triggering.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Speaking of mental gymnastics Look who posts most out of anyone in here. I’ll give you a clue- it’s you with 100 posts

:lol: Indeed
One more useless and pointless point as usual.

Waiting for how Wood and whoever is the other player has better stats than Rashford (can't wait for one more half baked stats like how he scored just 1 goal since Jan).

roonster09

Scout
4! woohoo! 101 posts and 90% of them absolute drivel. Go you.
Better than 100% from the likes of you and that stw.

Just checked your posts in this thread, wow :lol:. He is 6th in most goals+ assists means you come up with nonsense like 'he isn't even top 5, they had to make top 6 list". That's the level of nonsense posted by you and other lad.

At least justified your user name though.

Ali Dia

Better than 100% from the likes of you and that stw.

Just checked your posts in this thread, wow :lol:. He is 6th in most goals+ posts means you come up with nonsense like 'he isn't even top 5, they had to make top 6 list". That's the level of nonsense posted by you and other lad.

At least justified your user name though.
102… “I don’t post in here” :lol:

you’re deluded

roonster09

Scout
102… “I don’t post in here” :lol:

you’re deluded
Yeah, I stopped but then you posted about me. Maybe that's too much info to process for a poster who can't count more than 1.

Top 6 goals + assists means he is bottom of the list because list of 6 players was posted :lol: Ali Dia Indeed.

If Cavani hadn’t stepped up we almost certainly would have fallen off if we were depending on Rashford in 2021
Sure, and if Rashford hadn't been the only person pulling his weight alongside Fernandes in 2020 while Cavani, Martial, Greenwood and Pogba were non-entities for one reason or another, we wouldn't have been up far enough to fall off. Argument works both ways, despite how good Cavani and especially Greenwood were in the run-in - Greenwood had one league goal going into April and somehow received less than 10% of the abuse Rashford and Martial had been getting all season. You say you find people mocking the likes of STW triggering - go back and read the posts in that "Rashford and Martial are a problem" thread to see where it comes from, even the guy who made that thread said halfway through that the weirdos were taking it way too far.

I have loads of posts in here acknowledging people with legitimate criticisms of Rashford's game. Those aren't the ones I've been repeatedly having a go at - there's a difference between "he isn't good enough right now to lead our attack if we want to win the CL or PL" and "I'd take Welbeck over him if I needed a performance", followed by repeated straw-man arguments.

At the end of the day, there are four positions in that attack and I struggle to believe anyone could have watched the team over the entire season and conclude Rashford's is the one that needs the most immediate upgrade. If you acknowledge that Fernandes is our best and most productive player and then take in that the difference between him and Rashford this season was literally penalties, it becomes a ludicrous argument. It's fine to say Rashford had plenty of crap performances throughout the season - every player did, he had more of them than the rest in the business end of the season. Over the full season, he wasn't the reason we didn't win anything.

If Cavani and Greenwood can maintain their performances from April onwards for the entirety of next season, if Sancho (or someone else) comes in and tears it up, and Rashford keeps playing like he did from April onwards, then sure, Rashford is the problem. Right now, no.

Ali Dia

Sure, and if Rashford hadn't been the only person pulling his weight alongside Fernandes in 2020 while Cavani, Martial, Greenwood and Pogba were non-entities for one reason or another, we wouldn't have been up far enough to fall off. Argument works both ways, despite how good Cavani and especially Greenwood were in the run-in - Greenwood had one league goal going into April and somehow received less than 10% of the abuse Rashford and Martial had been getting all season. You say you find people mocking the likes of STW triggering - go back and read the posts in that "Rashford and Martial are a problem" thread to see where it comes from, even the guy who made that thread said halfway through that the weirdos were taking it way too far.

I have loads of posts in here acknowledging people with legitimate criticisms of Rashford's game. Those aren't the ones I've been repeatedly having a go at - there's a difference between "he isn't good enough right now to lead our attack if we want to win the CL or PL" and "I'd take Welbeck over him if I needed a performance", followed by repeated straw-man arguments.

At the end of the day, there are four positions in that attack and I struggle to believe anyone could have watched the team over the entire season and conclude Rashford's is the one that needs the most immediate upgrade. If you acknowledge that Fernandes is our best and most productive player and then take in that the difference between him and Rashford this season was literally penalties, it becomes a ludicrous argument. It's fine to say Rashford had plenty of crap performances throughout the season - every player did, he had more of them than the rest in the business end of the season. Over the full season, he wasn't the reason we didn't win anything.

If Cavani and Greenwood can maintain their performances from April onwards for the entirety of next season, if Sancho (or someone else) comes in and tears it up, and Rashford keeps playing like he did from April onwards, then sure, Rashford is the problem. Right now, no.
Fair enough. I agree with most of this post. It’s quite reasonable. I was trying to be reasonable earlier in the season and got triggered in another thread and his performances got even worse and worse and some of his fans act like it’s all good and he should be above criticism or further analysis. I never said he’s not good enough for a top team. He’s just currently not good enough to be the focal point of a team who wants to win stuff.

roonster09

Scout
You just did.

“I don’t post in here” that’s clearly a lie. You lied. I got confused, see the difference? Probably not. You seem a bit obtuse let’s just say.
One more lie. I wouldn't even call you thick or obtuse (or even stupid btw). You are just Ali Dia, says it all.

Thread police :lol:

I didn't even bother to post here because of the shit posted by likes of you and that stw guy, the only reason I replied is because you posted about me in your post.

Wood and Bamford have better stats? Getting ready for the mental gymnastics from Ali Dia

Ali Dia

It's amazing how many times you lie and move on :lol:
Can you not see the major difference between getting mixed up between 2 and 4 league goals in the rush on the way home from work and you sitting here all day saying you never post in here with by far the most posts in the thread. calling out someone who actually apologised to you for getting the stats wrong a liar just for getting confused? I know which one of us is speaking in good faith and it’s definitely not you.

But hey at least the thread is full of :lol:

roonster09

Scout
Can you not see the major difference between getting mixed up between 2 and 4 league goals in the rush on the way home from work and you sitting here all day saying you never post in here with by far the most posts in the thread. calling out someone who actually apologised to you for getting the stats wrong a liar just for getting confused? I know which one of us is speaking in good faith and it’s definitely not you.

But hey at least the thread is full of :lol:
Good faith :lol:

Only 6 players had more G+A than Rashford means he is at the bottom of the list and you are talking about good faith.

roonster09

Scout
When last 2 season PL stats were posted, which showed Rashford contributed to 6th most PL goals, you came up with post like this.

Also Rashford is the reason why other ManUtd players are not in the list and somehow you are arguing in good faith :lol:

He’s still at the bottom of that list while regularly competing deep into the Europa league vs players doing it in the CL or more regularly in the PL. I always see these stats and think it’s strange to bring them up to some show he’s a top player but he’s misunderstood. They show that he’s clearly in the level below and with the lowest work rate out of any player listed by some distance. Yes he’s the youngest player on the list but if this is him close to peaking we are in trouble if we continue to be so reliant on him.

Also Spurs x 2
Liverpool x 2

Do you think this unfit looking Rashford is going to help get any of his team mates onto a list like this? These days any chance a team mate has dies when Rashford gets on the ball
He at a top club playing regularly so naturally enough you compare his stats with other players playing regularly at top clubs. The stats show he’s above average. Top 6 as you keep showing everyone.. As I just said to @KM he’s also top of your list for wastefulness, miles ahead with lack of work rate and most importantly minutes played but no mention of any of that. No sign of any of his team mates on that list either because nobody else can get a run past him or play off him when he loses or wastes the ball every time he’s got it in the last 5 months. If you can’t see how poor he’s been and how that’s eventually held us back getting into the business end of the season then fair enough. You’ll never change your point of view. If slightly above average is enough for you then so be it. It won’t ever be enough to win anything on its own and he rarely enables good play around him.

Ali Dia

Good faith :lol:

Only 6 players had more G+A than Rashford means he is at the bottom of the list and you are talking about good faith.
aaaaand we are back to Chris Wood and Patrick Bamford. I bet there aren’t any Leeds or Burnley fans saying they are amongst the best players in Europe or going mental at people who say they could improve?

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
aaaaand we are back to Chris Wood and Partrick Bamford. I bet there aren’t any Leeds or Burnley fans saying they are amongst the best players in Europe or going mental at people who say they could improve?
And here we go with mental gymnastics.

I don't remember anyone saying Rashford is among the best players in the league and I'm sure we will see half backed stats as usual. Hopefully this time we will get more than 1 league goal for Rashford.

I'm 100% sure, you don't even know what the argument was and why the stats was posted. It was posted many times why the stats were posted but then it's you, so not surprising.

-Supreme-

Relax. Someone disagreeing with you isn’t automatically an agenda, it’s a difference of opinion, which we’re both entitled to. No one is saying he isn’t flexible in terms of where he can play. But being reasonably good in one position and also reasonably good in another similar position does not make him cumulatively a top class player. I happen to think he is not exceptional enough in either position to warrant any kind of key player status. You disagree, and that’s fair enough.
To be fair anyone that says a tiny bit of negativity towards Rashford is on an agenda according to many posters on here.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
To be fair anyone that says a tiny bit of negativity towards Rashford is on an agenda according to many posters on here.
Ha, tell me about it. And I think the irony is lost on those posters that a conversation about whether Rashford has a cult status is immediately shut down if there’s any level of criticism ‍♂

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Ha, tell me about it. And I think the irony is lost on those posters that a conversation about whether Rashford has a cult status is immediately shut down if there’s any level of criticism ‍♂
This is very true but a lot of people here are not very self-aware :lol:.

As for today, I noticed him doing his typical swaggering act when getting the ball for a thrown-in in the last 10 mins and also his usual jog where he's more walkingn than running. I am not sure if it's an injury/fitness or whatever but football-wise, I definitely think he's well too big for his boots atm.

Personally, I love his work off the pitch but Mata's been doing it longer and I want him gone. If Rashford doesn't do his job well, he should follow or be benched at the very least.

big rons sovereign

This place is toxic as feck. It's worse than twitter.

I'm starting to wonder if there's actually only 4 or 5 people arguing amongst themselves through multiple accounts.

roonster09

Scout
Or maybe few posters know and remember other posts too apart from the one made in this thread.

One more imaginary point argued by agenda gang. No one said Rashford is above criticism but when people come up with nonsense like "none of the top 7 clubs in top leagues would sign him" or lie about how many goals he scored or even make a shit point like how his productivity isn't even good then posters will argue against that.

Then there are posters who bring Rashford randomly in a conversation and come up with how his goal scoring rate isn't good enough to be a top wide player but when top wide players of last 10-15 players' goal scoring rate is posted they run away and come up with same or different nonsense after few days.

roonster09

Scout
In a thread about Rashford?

How dare they? Definitive proof they’re agenda-driven Tories
No. Then again reading was always a problem for you, no wonder you argue against imaginary points always.

Or maybe few posters know and remember other posts too apart from the one made in this thread.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Again, there is a difference between talking about how he could do better in a player performance thread compared to talking about how their is a cult status about him.

A lot of us support him because he seems like a useful young player - that doesn’t make him perfect but nor does it make him have a cult status.

The same crap happened with Martial - Martial FC was created by his haters not by his supporters; it just involved his supporters because his haters created it. I was a part of Martial FC but have given up on him after this season.

Our fans are either capable of giving support to good to great players - whilst some are only capable of support to greats and guaranteed success bringing players.

That is where the cult lies - within the fans. There is a cult hating or doubting on players and their is a cult supporting and believing in their players.

You can tell me which one your in.

roonster09

Scout
"Tiny bit of negativity" when we have seen Rashbeck, Championship player, not good enough for any PL side, "no top 7 team in top leagues will sign him", yeah tiny bit of negativity :lol:

roonster09

Scout
Again, there is a difference between talking about how he could do better in a player performance thread compared to talking about how their is a cult status about him.

A lot of us support him because he seems like a useful young player - that doesn’t make him perfect but nor does it make him have a cult status.

The same crap happened with Martial - Martial FC was created by his haters not by his supporters; it just involved his supporters because his haters created it. I was a part of Martial FC but have given up on him after this season.

Our fans are either capable of giving support to good to great players - whilst some are only capable of support to greats and guaranteed success bringing players.

That is where the cult lies - within the fans. There is a cult hating or doubting on players and their is a cult supporting and believing in their players.

You can tell me which one your in.
Its very simple. People spout usual rubbish, others will defend against that rubbish, then the usual posters play the victim card (saying how toxic it is and criticism isn't allowed) and come up with mental gymnastics to justify their nonsense.

I don't think anyone said Rashford is perfect or he is above criticism but when people come up with nonsense like "No top 7 team in top leagues will sign him" "his productivity isn't good" "he scored just 1 league goal since feb", then others will obviously call that out.

Whole argument started when someone said his productivity isn't good enough, I posted stats showing where Rashford stand in PL goals + assists in last 2 season and only 5 players had more G+A than him, the other guy replied he is at the bottom of the list (that's because I posted only 6 players) and came up with nonsense like he isn't even top 5 so we had to make top 6 list. That's the level of nonsense we have seen in this thread and these are the guys who cry about how players are above criticism. There are so many who think Rashford doesn't get any criticism at all, weird when there are at least 20 threads just from 2019-21 criticizing him, dedicated threads, not just few posts in his performance thread.

He had average season, his general play was lacking for whatever season but his goal contributions was still very good. I'm yet to see anyone saying he is above criticism or he is one of the best players in the world.

-Supreme-

Has anyone in this thread actually said Rashford is a championship player or not good enough for any PL sides?

It’s a no surprise I see people saying Rashford is above from criticism when you see posters exaggerate stuff to this extend.

stw2022

Has anyone in this thread actually said Rashford is a championship player or not good enough for any PL sides?

It’s a no surprise I see people saying Rashford is above from criticism when you see posters exaggerate stuff to this extend.
I’ve said I don’t think his good enough to be regular starter for a side with genuine expectation of pushing for league or European glory.

Which is my way of saying I want children to starve.

Nobody thinks he isn’t a decent player. Some of us think he still has huge flaws in his game that he’s shown little sign of being able to over come, some counter that by pointing to his youth and others counter back by stating he’s more experienced at top level football than many of his contemporaries both now and when they were of similar age.

-Supreme-

I’ve said I don’t think his good enough to be regular starter for a side with genuine expectation of pushing for league or European glory.

Nobody thinks he isn’t a decent player. Some of us think he still has huge flaws in his game that he’s shown little sign of being able to over come, some counter that by pointing to his youth and others counter back by stating he’s more experienced at top level football than many of his contemporaries both now and when they were of similar age.
Thanks - I don’t see any problem with this assessment myself, of course it can be argued against which is fully understandable.

However will someone kindly point me to a post in this thread who has said Rashford is a Championship player or not good enough for any PL sides?

roonster09

Scout

Lets not forget people removing assists for only Rashford to make his stats look worse and then change the argument to "I never talked about assists".

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/has...-than-the-player.463227/page-16#post-27323309

roonster09

Scout
Thanks - I don’t see any problem with this assessment myself, of course it can be argued against which is fully understandable.

However will someone kindly point me to a post in this thread who has said Rashford is a Championship player or not good enough for any PL sides?
Why only this thread?

Next what, "show me the criticism in Cult of rashford thread, page 245"?

People post nonsense when they come up with "Rashford is above criticism" or "Tiny bit of negativity" when Rashford is one of the most criticized player since 2016-17 or maybe the next season.

This is the problem with arguments like this, someone says Rashford is not productive, when others post stats to show he is productive, some other random poster will butt in saying "lolz stats, watch the game" without even understanding the argument.

Likewise, there are people who said Rashford is immune from criticism when there are around 20 dedicated threads just for criticism and he was called all sort of weird shit names.

-Supreme-

Why only this thread?

People post nonsense when they come up with "Rashford is above criticism" or "Tiny bit of negativity" when Rashford is one of the most criticized player since 2016-17 or maybe the next season.

This is the problem with arguments like this, someone says Rashford is not productive, when others post stats to show he is productive, some other random poster will butt in saying "lolz stats, watch the game" without even understanding the argument.

Likewise, there are people who said Rashford is immune from criticism when there are around 20 dedicated threads just for criticism and he was called all sort of weird shit names.
Okay - how about in this forum for the past 12 month to help with your search?

Marwood

Why only this thread?

Whilst showing @-Supreme- the relevant post could you also find me posts saying Rashford "is not productive."

I'd be surprised if posters were actually saying that.