Hating Lingard

stevoc

I don't hate him but he's been pointless for almost 2 years now and isn't exactly young anymore. Think it's time to move him on to wherever will take him if not in January then summer at the latest. I'd much rather see Gomez get his minutes.

Green_Red

He has experience, he has running, but he has poor judgement and poor vision. I would like to continue to believe the player will emerge from him but its starting to get to a point where Im not sure he will. I dont want to see him leave and be replaced wih youth though. I would like a player brought in thats got around the same amount of milage but has more ability. Having said that I think James Maddison at 22 is a better player and would bring more to our starting XI than Lingard.

Last edited:

Sylar

I reckon we could get a youth player to run as much as him. And probably get better output on the ball too.

Always thought he was decent as a squad player but even in games like this he's bad.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I reckon we could get a youth player to run as much as him. And probably get better output on the ball too.

Always thought he was decent as a squad player but even in games like this he's bad.
I'm the same.

Thought he was in the mould of Park but he doesn't deserve to be named in the same sentence as him.

He is the absolute textbook definition of a nothing footballer. He does nothing, at all.

Djemba-Djemba

Pereira isn't anything special but he's been miles better than Lingard and has actually contributed some good things this season.

Mata is just as bad as Lingard these days though sadly.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Pereira is getting better. I like him.

Jesse just seems to have stalled completely.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s useless. With all this Brexit motivated shopping we seem intent on doing, he could make a decent makeweight for us with another PL team.

Sea-Cow

Periera is far better. He can actually do something from time to time, unlike Lingard.
Haha like what? And if I hear about his set-piece delivery I am going to bash my head against the wall. I don't understand how that myth gets regurgitated on here constantly, despite no supporting evidence whatsoever.

Mark Pawelek

More bored than hating. He's paid a fortune to do not much of anything. We must get an attacking midfielder in January. Send him, Mata, or both on to pastures new.

El Zoido

I bet he’ll still do a stupid dance celebration next time he scores, despite barely contributing anything in a year.

ReddBalls

Haha like what? And if I hear about his set-piece delivery I am going to bash my head against the wall. I don't understand how that myth gets regurgitated on here constantly, despite no supporting evidence whatsoever.
Haven't watched the last three games, have you?

Sea-Cow

Haven't watched the last three games, have you?
I admit that I was not able to watch more than highlights of the Norwich game. And if I missed anything more than energy and effort in the other two, please enlighten me.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Non-United fans are without exception always surprised when it comes up that Lingard is about to turn 27. He still has this stigma of being a young player still learning his trade.

It never sits well with me being overly critical of our own, but I don't think he has had even an average performance at all this season. I think there is a good chance that he gets sold this summer while we can still get some value for him. His status as a fairly regular England international should ensure that we get a good price from somewhere.

el3mel

Absolutely anything he does will be more than Lingard, as Lingard does nothing.

lex talionis

If this were Major League Baseball, Lingard would be sent back to Triple A ball, or traded to a struggling club. Not sure what the protocols are for handling a player of Lingard’s age and uselessness but I wouldn’t want him spending time with promising young players in the club.

I admit that I was not able to watch more than highlights of the Norwich game. And if I missed anything more than energy and effort in the other two, please enlighten me.
It was his cross into the box that McTominay scored from against Norwich.

eire-red

Pereira actually plays the game with conviction, unlike Lingard who looks completely bereft of ideas every time he gets the ball. Every time Lingard receives the ball he does a pointless little dribble before passing the ball backwards, and that's his contribution maybe once about every fifteen minutes. Shocking.

Pereira presses, tackles, isn't afraid to get stuck in and doesn't hide in games like Lingard does. Neither a near the level required, but you'd take the player who brings something to the table over the one who brings absolutely nothing, all day every day.

Decade long lurker

Don’t hate him. Don’t hate any United player. He’s just not good enough. Hasn’t contributed anything at all for a long time now

DanClancy

One of the most unlikeable players United have ever had and lacks talent, not a good combination is it.

Perhaps the likes of West Ham or Palace might be interested in him come the summer.

Judas

Open to offers
One of the most unlikeable players United have ever had and lacks talent, not a good combination is it.

Perhaps the likes of West Ham or Palace might be interested in him come the summer.
This just baffles me. The hatred for this bloke on here is so bordering on obscene.

Do people hate lads who dance that much?

Dve

Lingard can do one thing well, and that´s running with the ball, bringing it up the pitch. That would have been perfect for a CM. Unfortunately he is not, being a terrible defender for the first. So at the moment, Lingard just does not offer enough. But who knows. Fred was written off by everyone less than two weeks ago, so it´s possible that Lingard will hit form as well. That´s said, I don´t think Lingard will start many games for United come August next year.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Like what happened to Xhaka, I really hope that we never find ourselves in a situation where our own fans are booing Lingard at Old Trafford.

It’s still embarrassing that a section of our fans booed Fellaini at Old Trafford that time. Classless bullshit.

If you don’t like the player that’s fine of course, but the way a lot of our fans on here talk about Lingard I can genuinely see him getting the same treatment as Xhaka unfortunately.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

this.

i don’t hate lingard or his stupid banter or clothing brand. He’s just making himself look a tit at this stage that’s all. I’m sure he knows it too. These guys see and read the same things we do. I’d say his team mates take the piss out of him too. I have a feeling it’s all adding to the pressure and stifling him even further. Fifa cover for a lad who hasnt scored or assisted in how long? He knows he’s not good but the machine is in motion and he’s got to go along with it now. The emperors new clothes (line)

Last edited:

ReddBalls

I too used to think Pereira was shit, but the last couple of games, he has somewhat come good. Against Chelsea, him replacing Lingard was one of the reasons United came back in the game and won. Pereira is certainly better than Mata and Lingard at passing, pressing and dribbling as of now. His corners are a nice bonus.

Stadjer

This just baffles me. The hatred for this bloke on here is so bordering on obscene.

Do people hate lads who dance that much?
I dont think it has much to do with the dancing.

I think it is about Lingard getting fame, wealth and trying to build a brand on the back of Manchester United. Manchester United became one of the biggest brands in the world because of the history, the special players and the performances on the field. That succes made people follow Manchester United and made companies wanting to be associated with Manchester United.

N Lingard is using the Manchester United brand in an attempt to become world famous global icon JLingz but offers nothing back in return.... i mean he scored one goal and assisted one time (against the mighty Rochdale) in 2019.

Posting stuff like 0.012% also doesnt make him any more likeable. If you want to brag about being special for making it as a pro player atleast show something on the field.

Also i would like to see him dance again. Practicing a dance to celebrate a goal is a bit weird to me but seeing Lingard dance atleast means he contributed with a goal. I do wonder if i get to see him dancing this year....

Stadjer

He didnt stall... he actually got worse. I used to think he was an option to be a swuad player but now i really do want him sold.

I dont rate Pereira at all but at the moment i would prefer to buy a good midfielder to become a starter and keep Pereira as a squad player.

Dve

I´m sure if was he was banging in goals, you would like his personality as well.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I´m sure if was he was banging in goals, you would like his personality as well.
Tough shit, guess we'll never find out then.

He's a cnut by the way, there's absolutely nothing in his personality to like unless you're mentally 12 years old.

Handré1990

I don’t hate him, how could I, I’ve never even spoken to him. He’s just not good enough for us, and I’m starting to wonder if he’s actually good enough for the PL. Perhaps one of the worst teams.