Hating Lingard

Kostov

I am actually puzzled how it took so long for people to realize how shit and useless this guy is. Even back to that season when he had the purple patch he was absolutely shit for the remainder of the season.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Lingard is one of the luckiest footballers ever. How on earth this guy has ended up anywhere near our team is astonishing.

And on top of that, to act like a superstar beggars belief. The guy is a joke and should be sold.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I am actually puzzled how it took so long for people to realize how shit and useless this guy is. Even back to that season when he had the purple patch he was absolutely shit for the remainder of the season.
People love to be romantic, so they twist reality until it fits their agenda. If he were not homegrown, not half of his fanboys would support him. Lingard is a player that needs to be sold - both for football and personality reasons

Alabaster Codify7

Has anyone seen that ESPN or BT Sport advert for Bournemouth vs. United. I felt like throwing up a bit in my mouth. To summarise, the entire advert is cringeworthy as hell - they kind of flit between showing players from both teams being cringeworthy for the camera doing shit like "COME ON!!" and clenching their fists etc. At one point, McTominay says something like "nah, maybe Jesse would say that" or similar and the camera pans to Lingard who smirks, and goes "yeah, we got swag".

Swag?

1 assist and 0 goals in 2019.

Swag.

Posh Red

Has anyone seen that ESPN or BT Sport advert for Bournemouth vs. United. I felt like throwing up a bit in my mouth. To summarise, the entire advert is cringeworthy as hell - they kind of flit between showing players from both teams being cringeworthy for the camera doing shit like "COME ON!!" and clenching their fists etc. At one point, McTominay says something like "nah, maybe Jesse would say that" or similar and the camera pans to Lingard who smirks, and goes "yeah, we got swag".

Swag?

Swag.
They do it for every game now mate. BT in general has a really cringeworthy approach to marketing compared to other channels.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Swag?

Swag.
swag \ ˈswag \
1 informal; acronym for Seldom With Assist or Goal.

Gopher Brown

Swag?

Swag.
‘Swag’ isn’t even a particularly complimentary term.

Idiots have swag.

Gentlemen have class.

Or some such nonsense. I have neither.

Robbie Boy

Never knew real life people say the word “swag”. Thought it was just an internet phrase for teeny boppers.

Kidders

The club has invested so much time and money in his development, I feel the obsession with promoting youth has clouded the fact that he is'nt that talented, yes it's great to have a home grown player come through, but they still need to be good enough, Lingard is'nt.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

Dve

Tough shit, guess we'll never find out then.

He's a cnut by the way, there's absolutely nothing in his personality to like unless you're mentally 12 years old.
Before I knew any better, I would say that claiming such a thing about someone you´ve never met, proves mentality of a 12 years old. And I was probably right.

Last edited:

luke511

May be kicking a man when he's down but.. how hard is this to watch :lol: definitely won't age well.

Un4givableB

I dislike him for cheating on Jena Frumes, who is a goddess and was far too good for him.
Come on, that's one of the reasons you become a footballer for is to get women that are good for you. Besides who else would model/tv presenter women date?

Back to the point, Lingard is a decent player, all the hate is partial resentment at his generation of players.

Sterling Archer

I dislike him for cheating on Jena Frumes, who is a goddess and was far too good for him.
Wait, what? You're kidding me, right?

If true, it helps paint a better picture of the guy. Cheating very likely because he's a selfish, insecure prat with no values. That fits the person I imagined.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I believe that Jesse is a rather nice bloke. Someone who is loved by his family and got a lot of friends, often doing the right thing etc.
However, there are a lot of people who cannot stand the generation of digital Twitter celebrities, influencers, bloggers, YouTubers etc. and do not understand how such persons without obvious talent are able to get the status of a B or C class celebrity,
Somehow Jesse seems to fall into this category and as his performances on the pitch do not justify him being a player of Manchester United football club it comes across as if he is somehow kept because of his followers and social value.
Supporters get angry because he is not only a synonym for the modern age of half-talented people somehow making a career but it is also obvious that as long as we got players that are just not good enough we will never be able to challenge again for the big titles.

I would not be surprised if the Glazers had their say in this as he has such a high marketing value.
Any official statistics how many shirts with his name have been sold compared to others?

mancan92

Come on, that's one of the reasons you become a footballer for is to get women that are good for you. Besides who else would model/tv presenter women date?

Back to the point, Lingard is a decent player, all the hate is partial resentment at his generation of players.
No the resentment is he has been absolute trash for 18 months and yet acts like a superstar.

Un4givableB

No the resentment is he has been absolute trash for 18 months and yet acts like a superstar.
The whole of Manchester Utd has been trash for 18 months, the fact people like you know how he acts of the field kind of means he is a 'superstar'.

Green_Red

Don’t hate him. Don’t hate any United player. He’s just not good enough. Hasn’t contributed anything at all for a long time now
My thoughts exactly. Hate is a strong word, but we can all see what he does on tbe pitch and he simply isnt performing to a level that will take United to where they want to be. Its that simple. I dont think he would have been given this amount of time under Fergie.

thepolice123

I believe that Jesse is a rather nice bloke. Someone who is loved by his family and got a lot of friends, often doing the right thing etc.
However, there are a lot of people who cannot stand the generation of digital Twitter celebrities, influencers, bloggers, YouTubers etc. and do not understand how such persons without obvious talent are able to get the status of a B or C class celebrity,
Somehow Jesse seems to fall into this category and as his performances on the pitch do not justify him being a player of Manchester United football club it comes across as if he is somehow kept because of his followers and social value.
Supporters get angry because he is not only a synonym for the modern age of half-talented people somehow making a career but it is also obvious that as long as we got players that are just not good enough we will never be able to challenge again for the big titles.

I would not be surprised if the Glazers had their say in this as he has such a high marketing value.
Any official statistics how many shirts with his name have been sold compared to others?
We are a billion dollar club that brings in more than 600m in revenue, shirt sales actually constitute very little of that, so I seriously doubt it.

Lingard is popular on social media but he is not Ronaldo or Beckham-esque popular to even talk about marketability. Generally it is hard for footballers to maintain their fame if it don't match with their on-pitch performances. Can't remember any footballers who kept their fame despite being shite on the pitch.

clarkydaz

We are a billion dollar club that brings in more than 600m in revenue, shirt sales actually constitute very little of that, so I seriously doubt it.

Lingard is popular on social media but he is not Ronaldo or Beckham-esque popular to even talk about marketability. Generally it is hard for footballers to maintain their fame if it don't match with their on-pitch performances. Can't remember any footballers who kept their fame despite being shite on the pitch.
Jesse is currently knocking it out of the park. Think of the mediocrity that has been allowed to overstay at the club over the last 10 years, he will be no different