Hating Lingard

thesheriffjw

Its the sorry state the club is in.

Its the attitude thing. Ole will say he has the right attitude as usual. Basically admitting he is shite but prepared to work.

sorry sorry state as lingard has been awful for 3 seasons at least

NK86

I agree with Hester though that be that as it may - it's no reason to "hate" the player. He has done nothing to receive that level of dislike. It just makes us look like glory hunters who don't care about service to or love for the club.
What service are you talking about? And almost all on here, who are fuming, love the club. Doesn't mean the fans in redcafe should be playing for the club.

NK86

And replace him with who ? we have no one. Andreas is even shittier sometimes.
Andreas has been poor when playing in midfield. At #10 he has been 10 times the player Lingard has been for more than a year.

Kentish

I don’t hate him, but he’s a shite footballer whose probably lucky to be playing it the top flight, let alone at Manchester United.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
The CNBC commentators were discussing Arteta's challenge to Ozil, where he basically said he needs to work hard to stay in the team. Lee Dixon sarcastically said "who'd have thought running around a bit would get you in the team for the next match?".

Well, Lingard has made a career of it.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
It's not even that I hate him - he's just a totally irrelevant player. I can't stand his media persona, but as a player on the pitch he tries all he can and has a fine attitude. He's just not good enough. Has no where near the required quality in almost every aspect of the game.

Fingers must be pointed at the people putting him in the team time after time, and the people not phasing him out and replacing him a long time ago.
Does he though? Most of the things he does are completely passive. A bit of movement into space in order to collect the ball and pass it to the nearest available person. And that's the good stuff. Far too often he lack urgency to get into space and is content to be bypassed when we have the ball, and he is nowhere near energetic enough when closing players down.

hobbers

Any United fan with a pulse would "try hard and have a fine attitude" were they out there playing in Lingard's place.

Literally the most redundant values to judge a player when that player has no ability and should be plying their trade in a low-tier Championship club at the very best.

dabeast

There is no situation where Lingard I’d valuable enough to Manchester United. Pereira is a far better backup to a top class No 10.

BlahRules

If Lingard is not getting the ball at the attacking third then he should drop deep to get the ball but this man just hides every game; waste of space.

MiracleInMadrid

Does he though? Most of the things he does are completely passive. A bit of movement into space in order to collect the ball and pass it to the nearest available person. And that's the good stuff. Far too often he lack urgency to get into space and is content to be bypassed when we have the ball, and he is nowhere near energetic enough when closing players down.
Even though he does disappear in matches regurlarly, there certainly are other players that hide and don't impose themselves far more often. A lot of the things you mention I can agree with to a certain degree, but I would put most of it down to him playing in a team with so little structure and movement in his area of the pitch. And some of those elements I would also put down to ability/football intelligence rather than his attitude and workrate.

Worst player to ever get significant minutes at this club. Disgraceful little clown and Ole is an even bigger clown for picking him. My stomach churns whenever I see this little worm wearing our badge. Not watching another game he starts

Slevs

likes to play with penises
To think we used to complain about Rooney starting at number 10.

I need a drink.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Can anyone remember the last time he played without holding the team back? I know the phrase gets used a lot, but we would literally be better playing with 10 men than having him in the team. Absolute waste of space.
5 or 6 weeks ago he had a few games where he was decent and looked like he was starting to get back into form. That quickly disappeared though and he's back to the terrible form he was in for the rest of the season.

And replace him with who ? we have no one. Andreas is even shittier sometimes.
Pereira has been significantly better than Lingard this season at #10. Obviously he had those couple of shocking games when he was played in the midfield which has coloured a lot of peoples opinions of how he's done, but the rest of the season he's been absolutely miles better than Lingard (and Mata).

Woodzy

Always hated his personality, but used to like him as a player up until Ole's reign. Can't stand him now and he genuinely offers nothing.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Andreas Periera isn't good enough for this club and is three times the player Lingard is. Says it all.

Lingard had a purple patch for 4 months two years ago and done feck all since. Awful player.

Bwuk

It’s clear the confidence has gone, and I’m not sure itll come back.

He was hiding the whole game.Doesn’t want them ball and doesn’t want to be involved.

Giggsyking

I agree with Hester though that be that as it may - it's no reason to "hate" the player. He has done nothing to receive that level of dislike. It just makes us look like glory hunters who don't care about service to or love for the club.
What service, he is being paid 5m pounds in 2019 with no goals or assist. :lol:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It’s clear the confidence has gone, and I’m not sure itll come back.

He was hiding the whole game.Doesn’t want them ball and doesn’t want to be involved.
Yep, as soon as he was in the tunnel to the pitch he was walking with his head down. Was clear that he was never going to be up for it.

Crashoutcassius

yawn, made more chances away to arsenal in middle of their new manager bounce, but need a scapegoat.

someone the clever people here and other social medias think hounding him will make him play better

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Honestly at this point I just feel bad for him.

On the pitch he looks like he'd rather be anywhere but and it's a bit like Torres where every touch is sloppy and just so completely devoid of confidence.

Off the pitch we all know what's going on.

If I was Ole/the board I'd get him in with a counsellor and give him the rest of the season off so he can get his head straight 'cause every time he plays now it gets worse and worse for him.

Josep Dowling

It says a lot about him when he should have been taken off at half time in his last 3 starts. Surely Ole has to stop using him. He simply isn’t good enough.

There needs to be a cull of the dross of players at this club. They have to move on Lingard, Jones and Matic in the summer. If he gets a new contract there needs to a riot at Old Trafford.

Dan_F

Fergie was a master of testing the younger players out and moving them on for the good of their careers if they weren’t good enough. A lot of them made it back to Premier League level, which is definitely where Jesse should be.

Unfortunately no one has realised this and his reputation is being tarnished pretty severely.

I have no problem with using younger kids as squad players to see if they’ll make it, but if they’re squad players by the time they’re 25+ it’s time to go.

Bojan11

Honestly at this point I just feel bad for him.

On the pitch he looks like he'd rather be anywhere but and it's a bit like Torres where every touch is sloppy and just so completely devoid of confidence.

Off the pitch we all know what's going on.

If I was Ole/the board I'd get him in with a counsellor and give him the rest of the season off so he can get his head straight 'cause every time he plays now it gets worse and worse for him.
Counsellor? He wasn’t good enough before his family issues. His little one month runs saved him before that. He needs to be shipped out. He’s Tom Cleverly but dances.

fallengt

Need to carry a plant whenever he starts for us.
He's a waste of oxygen, we'd be better with 10 men.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Literally one of the worst players in the Premier League.

He would probably struggle in the Championship too.

Truly an awful player.

Axkiko

He totally deserves it. Hate to see any people still defending him because he was nice to the fans, one of our own, family issue etc.

He is a footballer. We are gonna judge him on the pitch and he did absolutely nothing.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Counsellor? He wasn’t good enough before his family issues. His little one month runs saved him before that. He needs to be shipped out. He’s Tom Cleverly but dances.
Yes, counsellor.

He's going through a load of shit right now and clearly it's affecting him. It's affecting him enough to go public with it in the first place. A counsellor would help.

And I say that regardless of whether he's good enough or not (he isn't). I say that as a human being. Being devoid of confidence on the pitch is one thing, having a ton of shit that you can't escape off it is another to cope with at the same time.

He can be sold whenever but I hope someone gets him some help if he isn't getting some already.

Some of the things on the pitch today and for the last few weeks are so beyond him just losing form it's hard not to look at the bigger picture. He's completely lost any ability to control the ball, his legs are heavy, he's completely lost it. There's a difference between being shit but still doing the stuff you normally do and the current Lingard on the pitch right now.