Hating Lingard

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Come on Conte you bald Italian twat, put in a bid already.
Conte is no mug.
He is picking out players who he believes he can rely on and is currently 2nd to the expensively assembled Juventus team.
Lingard just isn't good enough. No hate towards Lingard - he just isn't good enough. Championship is his level.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Can you honestly imagine a Liverpool or City player ever having a similar tweet posted about them. Speaks volumes about the lack of urgency and action at the club currently.
It's embarrassing and shocking.
To think that we have an attacker in our senior team, who up until recently was getting first XI starts, is shocking and shows just how low the standard to be a MUFC player currently is.
In the past, we have had Rooney, Tevez, RvN, Ronaldo, Cole, Yorke Cantona....and now we have this guy.

Jibbs

“I improve my shooting skills by watching videos like this” -Phil Jones, MU legend
"Jesse Lingard can nutmeg a mermaid." Ronaldinho.

These had me in stitches

Andersonson

Yea I am abusing Lingard, kicking him hen he's down, hating him, etc by pointing out the simple fact that he's massively underperforming and does not deserve to wear the United shirt. You guy got any other buzzwords?
Growing up and act like an adult applies though.

Nobody is debating wether he has been bad or not... But writing some of the stuff in here is just sad and very childish.

I wonder the age of the posters in this thread.

Alabaster Codify7

I said in a different thread, Lingard is paying the price of being a gigantic attention seeker. He's made his bed, he's lying in it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Conte is no mug.
He is picking out players who he believes he can rely on and is currently 2nd to the expensively assembled Juventus team.
Lingard just isn't good enough. No hate towards Lingard - he just isn't good enough. Championship is his level.
They just signed a 34.5 year old converted winger to play full back for goodness sake.

On that criteria he's plenty good enough

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's embarrassing and shocking.
To think that we have an attacker in our senior team, who up until recently was getting first XI starts, is shocking and shows just how low the standard to be a MUFC player currently is.
In the past, we have had Rooney, Tevez, RvN, Ronaldo, Cole, Yorke Cantona....and now we have this guy.
Why are you comparing a squad midfielder, to some of our all time top strikers?

Why not compare him to whoever the squad player midfielders were at the time?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I said in a different thread, Lingard is paying the price of being a gigantic attention seeker. He's made his bed, he's lying in it.
Until not long ago we were seeing threads like "should we burst Rashford's bubble", but now suddenly everyone thinks he;s amazing again.

Fans love to get after players.

We're not in the mess we're in because of Lingard.

Zen86

Until not long ago we were seeing threads like "should we burst Rashford's bubble", but now suddenly everyone thinks he;s amazing again.

The caf loves a good scapegoat.

Alabaster Codify7

Nobody said we were. This thread is about the online hate he gets which is definitely not unjustified - he's a 27yr old man who posts videos from hotel rooms of his mates shagging pillows and acts like fecking Kanye West on social media. Seek attention, get attention. Simple as that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nobody said we were. This thread is about the online hate he gets which is definitely not unjustified - he's a 27yr old man who posts videos from hotel rooms of his mates shagging pillows and acts like fecking Kanye West on social media. Seek attention, get attention. Simple as that.
Anyone who can't appreciate a guy thinking it's clever to scream "beans beans beans" into a video cam needs a sense of humour transplant :D

redcafe_reader

Growing up and act like an adult applies though.

Nobody is debating wether he has been bad or not... But writing some of the stuff in here is just sad and very childish.

I wonder the age of the posters in this thread.
Agree. It definitely applies to Lingard :)

And usually, the first one who uses the "childish" accusation instead of providing an argument, is a child himself.

James Ward

1. He released his clothing line right before an away Liverpool game for the publicity.
2. Acting a prat joking on social media even when the team lost for years. Some of those social media posts were scandalous.

He brought it all on himself, No sympathy. He was probably 24-26 at the worst of it, not 18. He deserves all the abuse he gets.

He is good enough for a top 10 premier league team but not good enough for United. Look at Daniel James, that's how he should have been acting.

Andersonson

Agree. It definitely applies to Lingard :)

And usually, the first one who uses the "childish" accusation instead of providing an argument, is a child himself.
Has Lingard behaved in a manner you would classify as childish since Ole talked with him? How has he been on social media since that?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Can you honestly imagine a Liverpool or City player ever having a similar tweet posted about them. Speaks volumes about the lack of urgency and action at the club currently.
It's the lack of self awareness that grates me, Maguire had enough of it not to celebrate like he scored in a world cup final, yet Lingard threw out his "trademark" celebration - to even trademark a celebration when you never score should be all you need to know about the guy, the fact his scoring rate matches the rate Christmas comes around should give him some humility.

Alabaster Codify7

It's the lack of self awareness that grates me, Maguire had enough of it not to celebrate like he scored in a world cup final, yet Lingard threw out his "trademark" celebration - to even trademark a celebration when you never score should be all you need to know about the guy, the fact his scoring rate matches the rate Christmas comes around should give him some humility.

Very well said.

GenZRed

How hard is it to have a first touch that DOESN'T result in you losing possession?

dablem_10

utterly shyte in almost every department of his game, his football inteligence, ball control, decision making is not much better, than some of better players in Slovakian first division. Just they take max 0.5-3k per week :D killed at least 4 good options for counter attack

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
While i agree that Lingard is in a rough patch of form and hasn’t had a great 2019 at United (who has), the stick and negativity he’s getting as a United lad through and through, one of our own, is shameful. We should be supporting him and helping him get back to the form that saw him perform excellently for England at the World Cup, not making it worse.

Hulme91

I think he might just be the worst footballer to ever play for United on a regular basis
Certainly in my lifetime

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Another masterclass in the ten position by Lingardinho.

He did win the foul for Matics goal though.

SAFMUTD

His contract expires in summer 2021, we have an option to extend for a further year. If we do I'll lose my freaking mind.

AshRK

He is crap and the funny thing is today he has not been our worst player and that goes to Martial.

Tiber

We are all getting the lad wrong. I've come around and now appreciate his role in the team.

I'm 28 and fat, but I now have hope I can still make millions playing for United

OverratedOpinion

While i agree that Lingard is in a rough patch of form and hasn’t had a great 2019 at United (who has), the stick and negativity he’s getting as a United lad through and through, one of our own, is shameful. We should be supporting him and helping him get back to the form that saw him perform excellently for England at the World Cup, not making it worse.
He's not a very good player, it is not a rough patch this is his level. He had a brief purple patch that lasted about 6 weeks once in his career.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Lukaku scored a lot but hated because he can’t hold the ball to bring others into play, can’t take a good first touch & can’t control the ball. What people expect with not hating Lingard when nowadays the guy literally does the same negative things as Lukaku does but also worse because he can’t score goals.

zenith

He is so done at Manchester United.

Enjoy it while you can lad, you're living the dream, that would soon come to an end