Hating Lingard

90 + 5min

However Lingard plays, some of the comments here in the thread are just to much. He might not be gifted as you internet warriors who all are football megastars, but he tries his best for our club. And as long as we don't have better players in the team and he plays we should try to stand by him and not call him names.

edgecutter

While i agree that Lingard is in a rough patch of form and hasn’t had a great 2019 at United (who has), the stick and negativity he’s getting as a United lad through and through, one of our own, is shameful. We should be supporting him and helping him get back to the form that saw him perform excellently for England at the World Cup, not making it worse.
Off the phone Jesse, you still have a second half to play.

soapythecat

While i agree that Lingard is in a rough patch of form and hasn’t had a great 2019 at United (who has), the stick and negativity he’s getting as a United lad through and through, one of our own, is shameful. We should be supporting him and helping him get back to the form that saw him perform excellently for England at the World Cup, not making it worse.
I’m united through and through pal, but trust me, you’d be booing my ass if I pulled on a United shirt because I ain’t fecking good enough. Ditto Lingard.

OverratedOpinion

He belongs to the Championship, his technique is shocking.
I am afraid this is true, I believe the Championship or a league like the Dutch league would be about his level.

He never looked particularly great in any of his Championship loans.

edgecutter

However Lingard plays, some of the comments here in the thread are just to much. He might not be gifted as you internet warriors who all are football megastars, but he tries his best for our club. And as long as we don't have better players in the team and he plays we should try to stand by him and not call him names.
Calling him useless is not bullying. He is useless, just like I am useless at football.

TrustInOle

I gave alot of time for Lingard, but to say he tries his best when he spends the whole game at a joggers pace is laughable. Agree the hate can go to far, but Jesse hasn't helped himself with recent performances and attitude during games.

sp_107

he is not good enough and didn't have the application and right attitude to become a better player for UTD.

Last edited:

OverratedOpinion

I gave alot of time for Lingard, but to say he tries his best when he spends the whole game at a joggers pace is laughable. Agree the hate can go to far, but Jesse hasn't helped himself with recent performances and attitude during games.
I think he has put in so many performances like this and got away with it for so long that this all seems normal to him. At some big clubs if a player puts in 3 below average performances in a row their future at the club is discussed seriously, Lingard has put in probably 150 and is still playing regularly for Man Utd.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
A rough patch? Patch? Are you on a windup? A patch indicates a small portion, he's been horrendous for 95% of his career, his only patch has been a good patch, and that was years ago.

Btw I say horrendous as a genuine assessment, not an over reaction, as an attacker he's been horrendous.

Barnslig

Deserves all the flack he gets, that touch to lay it off to Fred borders on criminal. Get him the feck away from our club.

Machine Elements

Feckin brainless player. How many times he wasted a counter attacking chance and give away easy balls that created danger in our goal? I lost count. Get this clown out of the club.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Having a change of scenery might be good for him if only for him to still have a place on the national team. Surely Southgate is not going to select him again anytime soon at this rate?

Jordan_mufc

Ole gave him a proper bollocking there.

Not a lip reading expert but it seemed like "one more of those and you're fecking off"

Mainoldo

Having a change of scenery might be good for him if only for him to still have a place on the national team. Surely Southgate is not going to select him again anytime soon at this rate?
Yes Raiola needs to get him out. Fast.

MiracleInMadrid

Ole is bonkers if he thinks that Lingard is reawaken because of that Tranmere match. To think that he then wouldn't be a liability as usual agains City away is astonishing. If he has picked because of his work rate then use Pereira.

Lingard cannot stop giving the ball away. City almost scored because of one of his countless times losing the ball.

Lemansky

He is a big clown of a player. It’s incredible that he gets so many minutes. Literally can’t be arsed, strolling around making technical mistakes.

Kryptonite

Not a fan of his social media antics but that's easily ignored. He clearly isn't good enough on the pitch, his performances and stats speak for themselves, yet he plays in the most creative position on the pitch. He doesn't pick himself so my annoyance is with the manager for persisting with him and Woody for giving him a bumper new contract. Hopefully with Bruno now signing we will see less of him and he'll hopefully be sold in the summer, although I'm not sure who would even buy him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ole gave him a proper bollocking there.

Not a lip reading expert but it seemed like "one more of those and you're fecking off"
That's exactly what he said

But then he was all smiles when he did bring him off :(

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He needs to go, for the sake of his own career.