Hating Lingard

Dve

It was Young last season, Lingard now. There´s a point when criticism turns into sheer bullying.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He would be my 3rd choice as a no.10 in my local swedish team, he is that bad.
There's no point in arguing with Lingard apologists. They take every piece of criticism as an agenda against him.

Most of us support the club first and when the senior player of the squad who plays in an attacking position offers feck all for a year then he is fully accountable for the backlash.

It was Young last season, Lingard now. There´s a point when criticism turns into sheer bullying.
Yeah. Expecting something from an attacking player is bullying these days. Do me a favor..

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Nicky Butt's role in our history is getting underrated the further away we get from his playing days.

He was the starting centre midfielder ahead of Scholes back in the day.
Butt was initially first teamer for how much? Half a season? Then Sir Alex preferred a converted striker in midfield to him. The at one point he moved to Newcastle and.... It speaks volumes of how good the guy was.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Really frustrating how quick people turn on young players nowadays. No patience at all.

billybee99

Butt was initially first teamer for how much? Half a season? Then Sir Alex preferred a converted striker in midfield to him. The at one point he moved to Newcastle and.... It speaks volumes of how good the guy was.
Give your feckin' head a shake man. Is this the best you can do now to defend Lingard is drag former players through the mud?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Give your feckin' head a shake man. Is this the best you can do now to defend Lingard is drag former players through the mud?
I don't give a feck about lingard. All I said is that he would probably survive under Sir Alex just like Phil, Butt, Oshea and Cleverley did.

Sir Alex would probably hit him on the head with this jlingz nonsense though

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’ve never understood the Lingard hate; why can’t people accept him for what he is? A decent squad player. Like a Park or O’Shea. Not every player has to be a world beater and you need a few that will sit on the bench without kicking up a fuss.
I’ll freely admit that if we’ve got serious aspirations to win titles then we need better first choice players, but he’s homegrown, popular in the dressing room, versatile, hard working and tactically disciplined. That’s a player I’d keep around the squad.
He's not a decent squad. He's been below that level as well now for a long time.

wr8_utd

:'(
I'm not even one of those people who hate his antics off the pitch. I just detest the guy for how poor he is and how he keeps finding his way in the starting lineup. Most frustrating player I've watched at United and at par with Richardson.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't give a feck about lingard. All I said is that he would probably survive under Sir Alex just like Phil, Butt, Oshea and Cleverley did.

Sir Alex would probably hit him on the head with this jlingz nonsense though
He can still do it if he wants to:wenger:

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I’ve never understood the Lingard hate; why can’t people accept him for what he is? A decent squad player. Like a Park or O’Shea. Not every player has to be a world beater and you need a few that will sit on the bench without kicking up a fuss.
I’ll freely admit that if we’ve got serious aspirations to win titles then we need better first choice players, but he’s homegrown, popular in the dressing room, versatile, hard working and tactically disciplined. That’s a player I’d keep around the squad.
If he was as good a Park, nobody would be complaining.

Amerifan

Are we proud the top post on the Manchester United fan forum is “Hating Lingard”?

Son

Squad attacking players should have to contribute numbers. He’s on over 100k a week. Enough said.

He’s on same/similar money to a player like Jao Felix who could progress to become the next best player in the world...

Come next summer we’d get rid if he wasn’t from Manchester.

Fracture90

Really frustrating how quick people turn on young players nowadays. No patience at all.
Can't say whether you're joking or you're being serious writing this in this thread...

Are we proud the top post on the Manchester United fan forum is “Hating Lingard”?
Part of the reason why it's at the top is due to people challenging it's controversial title.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Squad attacking players should have to contribute numbers. He’s on over 100k a week. Enough said.

He’s on same/similar money to a player like Jao Felix who could progress to become the next best player in the world...

Come next summer we’d get rid if he wasn’t from Manchester.
Luis Filipe Vieira continued: "We are trying everything we can to ensure that he stays. The only way João stays is if we sell him and keep him another year [on loan]. If not, João leaves, there is no room to negotiate further, he doesn't want to. How will Benfica negotiate with someone who has a proposal of six million euros after tax?
He earns more than double.

Hansa

I'd argue that, after Ryan Giggs he was probably the fittest guy at the club at the time, and we were at our very best going forward when he was making his lung-busting unselfish runs ahead of the ball.
Oh, I see I was a bit unclear. I wasn't thinking about his fitness, but his general (technical) skills. When we played with a real zip in our passing, with lots of individual brilliance, he increasingly looked like a less gifted player than the others as the years went on.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Oh, I see I was a bit unclear. I wasn't thinking about his fitness, but his general (technical) skills. When we played with a real zip in our passing, with lots of individual brilliance, he increasingly looked like a less gifted player than the others as the years went on.
He wasn't up there with Beckham and Scholes on a technical level granted, but then very few were/are, but he wasn't underendowed in that department, far from it.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
He's 26, turning 27 end of this year. This is hardly considered young for a footballer.

wolvored

I dont hate any of our footballers. The only thing I want is a footballer good enough for where we want to be, and in his case he isnt consistant enough

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
i hear rumours we are going to offer him a contract extension... the world truly has gone mad

vanderpants

:lol::lol::lol: he has been there for years and at 27 he should be at his prime.... I wouldn't class him as a youngster......id just class him as overrated

Raw

overtheborder

He is young?
I dont think it matters if he is or not to be honest - i'm not sure many players' performances increase by people just getting on their back (wasn't suggesting you personally were by the way). Much better to support them while they're at the club.

ICHM

Why would I hate him, he doesn't select himself of coach himself or decide tactics. He is a bit of a twat outside the football pitch, but then most footballers are not that smart.

SilverPaper on the Breeze

He isn’t young, but at the same time, for his age he’s relatively inexperienced because he didn’t really break through until he was 22 or so. You compare that to players like Rooney, Torres and Lukaku that were playing regularly at 16/17.