Hating Lingard

LoneStar

If Raiola is truly his agent, that the situation at United becomes hilariously tragic. So first we coddle this championship level player because of :sob story:. Then he pulls a fast one on us by hiring the biggest cnut in football as agent, who will either take us to the cleaners or let the contract run as free agent. What a bunch of amateurs we have at the club.
I am rooting for Raiola on this one, hope he succeeds in getting his client a new club. But I’m afraid this is too much of a challenge for even the ‘world’s best agent’.

LoneStar

Problem is does Raiola get Rashford next. I'd rather get Pogba and Lingard out quickly before it gets worse. I hope it starts and ends with Lingard.

These problems are ultimately our own. Poor running of the club and trying to hold on to a player who doesn't want to stay and having conflicts with his slime ball agent. We could be heading for darker days.
Let's not pretend like he kidnaps players. If rashford makes him his agent, it's on Rashford and not Raiola.

Having said that, I agree with your opinion that it is out own doing as a club. Can't blame players with ambition wanting to leave given our current state.

moodyred

How is hiring Riola going to help?

Player price = £0
Agent fee = £20M?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am rooting for Raiola on this one, hope he succeeds in getting his client a new club. But I’m afraid this is too much of a challenge for even the ‘world’s best agent’.
That's not the point. He's heading towards his end of contract and Ole rates him. Even if the player or the club wants out/him out, you'll expect that things will be done amicably and that United gets their dues. After all United made him, our brand name helped his big time and we showed patience to him throughout the past 1 year were he was virtually non existent. This ain't happening with Raiola.

MyDevil

He has just added another notch in the hating scale by appointing Raiola. Good job Lingard!

JoaquinJoaquin

Problem is does Raiola get Rashford next. I'd rather get Pogba and Lingard out quickly before it gets worse. I hope it starts and ends with Lingard.

These problems are ultimately our own. Poor running of the club and trying to hold on to a player who doesn't want to stay and having conflicts with his slime ball agent. We could be heading for darker days.
If we carry on in our downward spiral then the likes of Rashford and Greenwood will start to look elsewhere anyways if truth be told. Being homegrown can only count for so much.

Josep Dowling

Let's not pretend like he kidnaps players. If rashford makes him his agent, it's on Rashford and not Raiola.

Having said that, I agree with your opinion that it is out own doing as a club. Can't blame players with ambition wanting to leave given our current state.
You think Lingard has ambition?

Bwuk

This place will be intriguingly uncomfortable and entertaining to read if Lingard leaves soon, because if he chooses right he'll do great elsewhere.
I think he could do well elsewhere too - his confidence has completely gone and he just hides.

A move could be best for both parties.

SweetRightFoot

If it's a contract extension he is after, he has taken a major gamble as I'm sure Ed won't be bowing to his demands
No one:

Literally no one:

Dead Woodward & Matt Fudge: New 6 year contract for 'bubbly' 'local lad' Jesse Lingard! With the option of an extra decade extension if he agrees to get in the Fred the Red costume and dance at half time! See the full signing video on www.jlingzfashionfragranceandbeans.com!!

Godfather

This place will be intriguingly uncomfortable and entertaining to read if Lingard leaves soon, because if he chooses right he'll do great elsewhere.
He won't do great anywhere. He'll go down the same road as Cleverley and Welbeck. He'll be just as shit for any other team as he was for us

KekiZeki

Horseshit mate, i can't think of one player who played regularly for Ferguson between 1993-2013 who was a lot less talented than Jesse fecking Lingard. Certainly none that played more than 15-20 games never mind any that were approaching 200 games for United.

Sir Alex had his kid play for us for a season. Not very long though, but he wasn't better talent than Lingard is.

KekiZeki

This is exactly the mentality that has us in this trainwreck of a season.
I never said Lingard won't go if we find better players, but Pogba is a toxic influence. He has talent, sure, but he ruins it all with his attitude, doesn't want to play for our managers, walks the pitch as if he owns the place and he never won a major trophy with us. He drags us down more so than Lingard, looking at the big picture, of course.

Son

He’s obviously not good enough for us though. It’s kinda of redundant if he does well elsewhere since he’s not right for us.

It’s like the Lukaku thing where he’s banging in goals for Inter so people are saying that’s to the detriment of us. Not really since he was always gonna bang in the goals, it’s what he does and Inter paid a pretty penny for it.

Lingard isn’t Lukaku though and never will be. Different class of player entirely and he’s a mid table player at best.

ostentatious

I never said Lingard won't go if we find better players, but Pogba is a toxic influence. He has talent, sure, but he ruins it all with his attitude, doesn't want to play for our managers, walks the pitch as if he owns the place and he never won a major trophy with us. He drags us down more so than Lingard, looking at the big picture, of course.
Why do you state such things as if they are facts? I can't remember anyone who's played with him has had a problem with his attitude, in fact many players who have played with him has praised him for his attitude and mentality and for being a positive influence in general. The only person I know of having a problem with Pogba was Mourinho, which is hardly an indictment of a player's character.

And when has he not wanted to play for our managers?

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
This reminds me of Van Gaal with Rooney who couldn't see he was on the decline. Ole can't see he's got an attacking midfielder who can't assist or score.
I disagree with this. I think Ole knows how poor Lingard is but he is forced to play him because of injuries and little depth in the squad. Every time he plays him he is just hoping Lingard will get lucky and produce something, or that Lingard's defensive running will cause a turnover that someone else might score from.

Judas

Open to offers
:lol: when you've got to make stuff up to support your arguments, they're not very good arguments.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I disagree with this. I think Ole knows how poor Lingard is but he is forced to play him because of injuries and little depth in the squad. Every time he plays him he is just hoping Lingard will get lucky and produce something, or that Lingard's defensive running will cause a turnover that someone else might score from.
"my Lingard shall always play"

Ole Van Solksjaer

GiddyUp

He wouldn't have got Raiola if he wasn't leaving - there is literally no other reason to hire him. I've always defended Lingaard but even he must realise he cannot do better than he already has right now - he is one of the important players the manager likes, gets a very good wage and despite a lot of fan anger, it is significantly less than he'd get at a club he did not come through the system of.

If it's a contract extension he is after, he has taken a major gamble as I'm sure Ed won't be bowing to his demands
Don't bet against Ed making a horrible decision.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Ye pretty much - seeing as the alternatives are Andreas or Mata

manunited1919

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/pre...se-lingard-but-his-time-is-ticking/ar-BBYFMMf

Thought this was an interesting article though Ole's use of "the boys" is starting to grate!
This piece must have been written by Ole or someone friendly to him.
“His movement with the pace of Martial, Daniel James and Marcus Rashford practically won the game.”
Reminds me of the articles that came out, one after another defending Rooney’s performances and suggesting moving him to midfield, etc, during Rooney’s last years here.

manunited1919

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/pre...se-lingard-but-his-time-is-ticking/ar-BBYFMMf

Thought this was an interesting article though Ole's use of "the boys" is starting to grate!
“He’s Man United through and through. He’s a red, he’s got a great attitude and a great work rate,” Solskjaer said. “You can criticise anyone about anything but for me as a manager, I have to look after these boys in the good and the bad times. It’s great to work with him. I had him in the reserves; gave him his debut against Burnley. It’s good to see him back to his old self.”

I actually find this depressing to read. If he at this stage hasn’t realized Lingard shouldn’t be a part of MUFC first team, Ole shouldn’t be manager. RVP is 100% right.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I just assumed that the whole Raiola thing was designed to fool Ed into thinking that Jesse was in demand, and subsequently give Lingard a new contract...