Hating Lingard

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
How long ago was that, just out of interest? Wasn't it nearly 4 years ago or am I misinformed? Does he get a lifetime pass and the right to be a "squad player" forever based on this event several years ago.
Not sure you're really getting the sentiment of my post mate.

I'm saying he should earn half of his current wage and feature as a squad player - off the bench - which I think is a role he would be useful in.

I'm not a fan of Lingard, indeed I think many Utd first teamers aren't good enough to be in the first 11 for a club of Utd's wealth, and also earning the amount they are paid compared to other club's players.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Lingard is not, and never has been, good enough to be a squad player.
17/18 he did have a pretty good season and started for England a number of times. This suggests he was good enough. I agree, though, since then he has been mostly rubbish and I hope we replace him this window.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Just saw ole's comment about Jesse on press conference. I am depressed now. Ole rates this guy a lot. Here is the part about Lingard:

Just in terms of one player: Jesse Lingard. He gets spoken about a lot and a lot of it is negative towards him, for a variety of reasons. What’s your view of Jesse and what’s your view of his position within your squad?
What a pathetic display of favoritism. And other player would be sold straight away. Damn it felliani was more impactful than jesse ffs.

Djemba-Djemba

He didn’t hint. He said Ole had told him he was on his last chance before the season started and he thought he’d fecked it by posting that snapchat video of him and his mates shagging pillows.
Well if Ole was being truthful then Lingard will be on his way out.

He's taken on board it's his final chance and then gone on to have the worst individual season I've ever seen from a Utd player.

Stadjer

The below compilation shows why we are where we are. Misses easy balls and kills attack after attack.
You could make a banter video like that about a lot of players if you looked at long period. All the clips in that video are recent... that makes it so much worse even.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Lingard is on the same money as Mane, let that sink in.
I used to dislike Lingard, however it isn't his fault. It's the clubs, Woodward, owners etc.
No point hating the players, for whom we have known are not good enough for years, the club is to blame for them still being here.

fergiesarmy1

Lingard is on the same money as Mane, let that sink in.
Mane gives €70 each a month to everyone in a village back home amongst other things as well, much as I hate any scouse player that’s fair play. Lingard is focused on his clothing empire though which I think will turn into a different kind of charity.

Red For Ever

No reason at all to hate him

I don't think he is good enough to be a regular player in any team good enough to challenge for major trophies.
That is United or any other.

Not being good enough is not a crime or a reason for hatred.

But a lack of effort or behaving like Mr Big, when you haven't earnt it, is an issue.
As some else suggested, not an unusual behaviour in the very young who get too much too soon.

But he is no longer a youngster, at 27 he is now the age of many senior players, but it is easy to think he is younger.
But at 27 he should be leading the way in our squad, I don't think that will ever happen.

None of us knows Lingard the person, he is probably a nice guy, but he is not the quality needed for a United team to fight for top honours.
I would be delighted one day to say I was wrong, but no sign of that in the last 12 months.

After saying all of that, he does not help himself at times, his videos, his clothing line etc, all would not be an issue if he was performing at the top level,
but becomes a burden and something to use against him when playing as he has for some time now.

Good luck, hope the rest of his career is as good as it can be, but don't think he is good enough for us.

crossy1686

career ending
Well if Ole was being truthful then Lingard will be on his way out.

He's taken on board it's his final chance and then gone on to have the worst individual season I've ever seen from a Utd player.
Agreed. I think appointing Raiola was him reacting to being told he’s gone in the summer. He doesn’t want to end up at Stoke so his only options are moving abroad at this point.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Just browsing his Jlingz page (for research purposes only, honest) and it isn't surprising he's losing money hand over foot with descriptions like, "smell like Jesse Lingard with the Jlingz aftershave exclusively available at Jlingz."

And for anyone who's thinking of buying his aftershave for those relatives you don't like it's been reduced from £45 to £15. I'm sure clubs will be lining up to buy him for his marketing value. £15 sounds about right.

TheLittleOne

Just browsing his Jlingz page (for research purposes only, honest) and it isn't surprising he's losing money hand over foot with descriptions like, "smell like Jesse Lingard with the Jlingz aftershave exclusively available at Jlingz."

And for anyone who's thinking of buying his aftershave for those relatives you don't like it's been reduced from £45 to £15. I'm sure clubs will be lining up to buy him for his marketing value. £15 sounds about right.
I did the same few days ago and i thought the same about that aftershave :D but the sentence that stood out to me was: ". The JLINGZ logo is taken from Jesse’s iconic celebration and has been quickly replicated by fans across the globe. " haha, right when did that ever happen

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's obvious by now that this whole Jesse Lingard thing is actually performance art, like when Joaquin Phoenix pretended to give up acting to become a hip hop artist.

Ryan Bobson

JLingz aftershave stinking up the place on and off the pitch . it certainly wont smell of blood , sweat and tears

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Just had a look myself and my god. Who in their right mind would walk round wearing jlings labelled clothes ? :lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He didn’t hint. He said Ole had told him he was on his last chance before the season started and he thought he’d fecked it by posting that snapchat video of him and his mates shagging pillows.
Jesus that actually happened? Though it was made up by some smarte arse on here.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It's obvious by now that this whole Jesse Lingard thing is actually performance art, like when Joaquin Phoenix pretended to give up acting to become a hip hop artist.
It actually does smell (sorry) like an art project: utterly unremarkable footballer launching cliche ridden "brand", including silly "jizzle to the fizzle on the rizzle" monikers and ludicrous one-liners that wouldn't look out of place in a (too) obvious parody of some kind.

However - it's not an art project. It's life, man. Life imitating (satirical) art - without knowing it (or knowing what "satire" or "art" means).

What a time to be alive, eh?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It actually does smell (sorry) like an art project: utterly unremarkable footballer launching cliche ridden "brand", including silly "jizzle to the fizzle on the rizzle" monikers and ludicrous one-liners that wouldn't look out of place in a (too) obvious parody of some kind.

However - it's not an art project. It's life, man. Life imitating (satirical) art - without knowing it (or knowing what "satire" or "art" means).

What a time to be alive, eh?
That tagline - 'Smell like Jesse Lingard' - gave the game away, chief. :D

*sighs*

In the past, if I couldn't get to see a match live, I used to avoid United results; these days, I avoid United performances.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
No reason at all to hate him

I don't think he is good enough to be a regular player in any team good enough to challenge for major trophies.
That is United or any other.

Not being good enough is not a crime or a reason for hatred.

But a lack of effort or behaving like Mr Big, when you haven't earnt it, is an issue.
As some else suggested, not an unusual behaviour in the very young who get too much too soon.

But he is no longer a youngster, at 27 he is now the age of many senior players, but it is easy to think he is younger.
But at 27 he should be leading the way in our squad, I don't think that will ever happen.

None of us knows Lingard the person, he is probably a nice guy, but he is not the quality needed for a United team to fight for top honours.
I would be delighted one day to say I was wrong, but no sign of that in the last 12 months.

After saying all of that, he does not help himself at times, his videos, his clothing line etc, all would not be an issue if he was performing at the top level,
but becomes a burden and something to use against him when playing as he has for some time now.

Good luck, hope the rest of his career is as good as it can be, but don't think he is good enough for us.
Pretty much my thoughts also, hate and hating are such destructive terms. Patently not good enough now, but I can still see him getting a few run outs before the end of the season, hopefully just as sub, but as he plays for Manchester United I still want him to perform well for my team.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

I did the same few days ago and i thought the same about that aftershave :D but the sentence that stood out to me was: ". The JLINGZ logo is taken from Jesse’s iconic celebration and has been quickly replicated by fans across the globe. " haha, right when did that ever happen
:lol: He's not done his 'iconic' celebration for at least 12 months.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'm worse (than Pereira) at what I do best
And for this gift I feel blessed ...

Hello, hello, hello, how low (can you go before being fecked off to Stockport)...

Smells like you-know-who.

Flexdegea

Used to like Lingard as a player.

Felt he had a role and served a purpose in certain matches with his work rate and movement and could whack a shot.

But he literally hasnt done anything in over a year. Should be kept on bench until he gets his act together where maybe he can play a role as a squad player, but starting him at the moment isnt doing much for the team or the player.

The Urban Goose

Used to like Lingard as a player.

Felt he had a role and served a purpose in certain matches with his work rate and movement and could whack a shot.

But he literally hasnt done anything in over a year. Should be kept on bench until he gets his act together where maybe he can play a role as a squad player, but starting him at the moment isnt doing much for the team or the player.
Same, and I was trying to be patient with him.

However appointing the fat man as his agent, given how obviously the club hate dealing with him, is a bit of a slap in the face to the club and so I'm now in the "he's welcome to feck off" camp.

luke511

Not seeing him in a United shirt today was as satisfying as the 4-0 thrashing. I don't care how pathetic that sounds :lol: