Hating Lingard

Red Stone

Not seeing him in a United shirt today was as satisfying as the 4-0 thrashing. I don't care how pathetic that sounds :lol:
Thank you for this. I didn't want to be petty bastard who said this after a big win. Norwich might be the worst team in the league, but we won comfortably because we played Mata instead of Lingard. He actually assisted goals (plural!) like an attacking midfielder should, instead of slowing down our attacks or ruining them outright.

Stadjer

Couldnt watch the game today and it turns out to be a game without Lingard....

I bet that in the next game i watch he will be back ruining attack after attack again.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Couldnt watch the game today and it turns out to be a game without Lingard....

I bet that in the next game i watch he will be back ruining attack after attack again.
Have a feeling he will remain sidelined for a lengthy spell now, especially if we bring Bruno in this winter.

Ole isn't completely blind, contrary to popular belief, he knows how limited Lingard is.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He shouldn't be near a United team.
Like some have said ive no Hate for him at all just hate when he plays.
Clearly and utterly not near the quality of player that United need

DarkChild™

In all those clips, all the other players stop whenever the ball is being played to him. They know he is gonna mess up. All those instances are from this season. Shocking we can have such a player in the squad let alone starting matches.

Tony247

Best thing for us if Riaola works out some deal for him and get us some bucks, otherwise i doubt even a championship club would be interested in him. League one may be.

U99ted

The local lad is still good enough to wear the red shirt of FC United of Manchester

Alabaster Codify7

The local lad is still good enough to wear the red shirt of FC United of Manchester

Based on what, exactly? Certainly not his football career, which has consisted of a 6month or so purple patch and then rank mediocrity or worse, at times.

Blagger of a player, who has done well to take advantage of our clueless setup for the past couple of years. I'm hoping we've seen the last of him.

U99ted

Based on what, exactly? Certainly not his football career, which has consisted of a 6month or so purple patch and then rank mediocrity or worse, at times.

Blagger of a player, who has done well to take advantage of our clueless setup for the past couple of years. I'm hoping we've seen the last of him.
Always check for white text :lol:

I agree with you.

Wheato

Football fans are fickle, one week you are dead and buried, the next you play a blinder like Mata and Matic did against Norwich. At 27, Lingard is at his peak, no where near finished. He was a starter for LVG, Jose and Ole's first season. We all remember his performances against Arsenal away, the FA cup final and helping England to the world cup semi final. He was pivotal in the high pressing system that Ole wanted. I believe that there have been problems in his personal life, where his Mum has become ill, so he now has to raise his little brother. It has obviously affected him. I think a bit of rest and patience is needed. He will come good again, maybe at another club, but either way, I wish him all the best.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Football fans are fickle, one week you are dead and buried, the next you play a blinder like Mata and Matic did against Norwich. At 27, Lingard is at his peak, no where near finished. He was a starter for LVG, Jose and Ole's first season. We all remember his performances against Arsenal away, the FA cup final and helping England to the world cup semi final. He was pivotal in the high pressing system that Ole wanted. I believe that there have been problems in his personal life, where his Mum has become ill, so he now has to raise his little brother. It has obviously affected him. I think a bit of rest and patience is needed. He will come good again, maybe at another club, but either way, I wish him all the best.
Sooo burn him? This is far too reasonable.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Lingard won't peak for a few years yet, probably at 32, so we'd do well to hang on to him.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
So noble by Woody. He must pat himself on the back every time he reads these kind of stories. "Good job, Eddy, you are the fecking best in the business, they cannot even touch you."
I have no idea why you get so wind up by that article.

van Nistelrooy

Excuses, excuses, excuses!

Regardless of what has been revealed about his private life, how do you defend the rest of his career at Manchester United? You can't just say he had two good games against Arsenal and scored the winner in the FA Cup final. What about the other 100+ games? What about the majority of games were he is so invisible, people don't even know he's playing.

Abysmal player and I'm not going to allow some 'JLingz' fan convince me otherwise when they haven't got a leg to stand on.

Get this clown out the club ASAP and maybe United can begin becoming the club they aspire to be once more.

tjb

I wouldn't even keep him as a depth option for our squad, I would rather see how effective Pereira can be as a back up than him. At this point his production, attitude and image are all hinderances to the club. I'm not sure he would even get games for a team battling relegation. I honestly believe that this is a championship level player that we kept hoping he would turn out to be dele alli. His movement has never been nearly as clever as he is given credit for, if it was, he would have found himself in better positions to create or score himself.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I used to believe Lingard was good enough to be a squad man for United.
I believed he could have had the same impact as Ji Sung Park. That hard working player who could run opponents into the ground and crop up with a vital goal. The sort of player who is vital to a title winning squad. Selfless. Somewhere along the line he got much too big for his boots.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Why do people confuse thinking a player is crap with hating them as an individual?

hungrywing

I believed he could have had the same impact as Ji Sung Park. That hard working player who could run opponents into the ground and crop up with a vital goal. The sort of player who is vital to a title winning squad. Selfless. Somewhere along the line he got much too big for his boots.
He probably could have been something like that if we hadn't left him in a position where he was one of the more senior members of the squad, forcing him to step up way past his ability.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
A totally shite and nothing player who has hyped himself up being a star player, and actually believe in the hype he created by himself and live with it, without any decent performance to back it up, that’s Jesse Lingard my friend.
Hate is a strong word, but I just can’t stand watching him playing like shite week in week out, and at the same time living off celebrity status he pretend himself to be one. In short, he is crap and should go feck himself.

Suedesi

I love Jesse, I hope he is offered the manager's job once he decides to hang up his boots with us 10 years from now.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I really think its better for both him and the club for him to leave and restart somewhere else. A couple of years back, he was regularly in the England set-up and was doing ok enough to be a squad player here. Now he's completely lost, and really offers nothing.

Having said that, if we bring Bruno in now and send Jesse out, it would be pointless as we need numbers in our squad. Hope he goes in the summer when we can bring in another player instead.

prateik

He'll be a star in Serie A.. shit league.

He seems to be done here.. better to just move on..

Same for Jones as well..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he doesn't go by this summer my faith in this clubs ability to ascertain when to let go, probably does.