Hating Lukaku

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
When we signed him, he was a 25 + goal a season striker. We didnt just buy him because he was big and strong. He was a goal machine and if you're getting 25 goals at somewhere like Everton, at Manchester Untied should be getting 30 to 35 +

Problem is, the dickheaded one couldnt' organise the team to save his arse (literally) and had no methodology in his approach to creating a cohesive unit that would play to our players strengths. IE: if you're going to buy a striker that isn't a hold up player, dont fecking ignore the blatant lack of wingers who he'll need to feed the ball into his head...

Lukaku will score lots and lots of goals in the right setup... it just wont be with us.
I get what you mean but the bit in bold doesn't always work out like that.

Also factor in the other things, lack of first touch, the piss easy chances he misses (normally at integral times ie early in the game when it was 0-0 like Arsenal), the long runs he goes on without scoring and I can see why many are turned off. I don't think he will ever be good enough for a big team looking to do anything serious

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I don't think nobody hates him personally. We just hate him in the football pitch because he's way too clumsy for a striker and it is frustrating and infuriating to watch him misplace simple passes or his poor ball control.

I agree that his pace and power might be useful for counter-attacking teams, though.

yamo123x

clearly one of the troublemakers in the dressing room, completely out of his depth at a club like this but to go and train with another club...man he should be mega fined.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Good to see some truths come out of his stint.

His first season, struck me as a serious professional, hard worker, left it all on the pitch.

Then suddenly became overweight, unprofessional, half arsed and a big sulk when it didn't go his way.

Clearly he was one of the few Ole referred to as playing their last game for the club already.

Get rid asap. Give Martial his no.9 back and hopefully he'll get some much needed stimulation too. Can't be worse than this idiot right now.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I said it before and I'll say it again. This guy was definitely a huge part of why the players half assed it last season, especially pogba.

Hes the type to say yes yes yes to the manager and then talk shit to the players afterwards

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He clearly has the club permission to train with Anderlecht and he's recovering from an ankle injury. A lot of clubs allow players to do recovery with their favorite phisios, pretty much a common place.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Decent CF for some clubs, but never a 1st choice Man Utd striker. Tbh I'm not sure Rashford or Martial are either. Even someone like Andy Cole was a level above these in goalscoring consistentcy.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Not selling him is unthinkable. Take whatever we can get and use the money to get a more than capable midfielder. It has to happen.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Not selling him is unthinkable. Take whatever we can get and use the money to get a more than capable midfielder. It has to happen.
Not going to be easy for other clubs to hire a player with his wages, which I think is the main issue. I'm pretty sure our clubs wouldn't mind loosing money on the process, because our revenues are not dependent on player sales.

haram

If he is supposed to be at Carrington tomorrow and he doesn’t turn up, then us fans have the right to moan.

luke511

It's fair to say him and Pogba aren't anywhere near as close as they were when he first joined, maybe it was Lukaku that caused more of a divide in the dressing room over Pogba.

Devil may care

I never wanted him here but I'm a bit surprised at his antics, he always seemed quite level headed bar that "Grown ass man" interview.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
By the way, he has a Rolls Royce.

crossy1686

career ending
It's fair to say him and Pogba aren't anywhere near as close as they were when he first joined, maybe it was Lukaku that was more of an issue in the dressing room over Pogba.
Well he's upset someone enough to not get a single minute this preseason and find himself training in Belgium today to 'keep fit'. Someone obviously doesn't want him around.

hobbers

There are some players who are unsung heroes, the sorts who other players absolutely love playing alongside. Carrick, Scholes etc. Lukaku is the exact opposite. He's the guy everyone else in the team hates seeing on the team sheet. The guy you don't pass to unless there's absolutely no other option.

I thought he was one of the most 'professional' players in the squad in his first season here, great attitude, said the right things in interviews albeit he's obviously not the sharpest tool. I actually think it's the rest of the squad's attitude to him that's been the main driver in his form and fitness going backwards so quickly. You can't blame them either. Tough when all your attacking moves break down on the back of someone so technically limited.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Some of our fans treat data protection very seriously

Can’t have the enemy finding out how fast Juan mata is can we
A data breached is a data breached. I'm not sure what's his purpose other than bigging up himself, and pissing off some teammates, though.

But yeh. On the grand scheme of things, that data isn't any useful for outsiders.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Not going to be easy for other clubs to hire a player with his wages, which I think is the main issue. I'm pretty sure our clubs wouldn't mind loosing money on the process, because our revenues are not dependent on player sales.
I'm not so sure. Reports suggest Lukaku agreed terms with Juve pretty quickly, and I get the impression that he agreed terms with Inter ages ago. He's desperate to go to Italy seemingly and I don't think he'll have demanded huge money.

Inter just don't appear to have the money. Although to be honest, given the situation and how awful it is with Rom, I think we should take 65-70m and move on.

ottosec

I was so excited when we signed him, but what a disappointment he turned out to be...

haram

There are some players who are unsung heroes, the sorts who other players absolutely love playing alongside. Carrick, Scholes etc. Lukaku is the exact opposite. He's the guy everyone else in the team hates seeing on the team sheet. The guy you don't pass to unless there's absolutely no other option.

I thought he was one of the most 'professional' players in the squad in his first season here, great attitude, said the right things in interviews albeit he's obviously not the sharpest tool. I actually think it's the rest of the squad's attitude to him that's been the main driver in his form and fitness going backwards so quickly. You can't blame them either. Tough when all your attacking moves break down on the back of someone so technically limited.
Yeah they should pass it to the other forwards who are so prolific.

crossy1686

career ending

There was a report while back that said Solskjaer and the rest of the coaching staff were alarmed at the disparity between how good Lukaku thought he was and how good he actually was. You can bet the players also felt that.

caid

A data breached is a data breached. I'm not sure what's his purpose other than bigging up himself, and pissing off some teammates, though.

But yeh. On the grand scheme of things, that data isn't any useful for outsiders.
And it makes Shaw look bad, which he should have thought of.

hobbers

Yeah they should pass it to the other forwards who are so prolific.
Nothing to do with being prolific, none of our strikers are prolific. It's about basic ball control.

Martial and Lukaku were equally horrendous statistically last season but I doubt Pogba has any reservations about giving Martial the ball, like he obviously has had with Lukaku for the vast majority of their time playing together.

There's only so many times you can see your team mate leave the ball behind with a failed stepover and still take them seriously.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

The problem is the lack of respect for his teammates and the institution, like you said the data is in itself meaningless but to leak it just to illustrate a social media rant is stupid and unprofessional. For me it demonstrates a lack of discipline.

haram

Nothing to do with being prolific, none of our strikers are prolific. It's about basic ball control.

Martial and Lukaku were equally horrendous statistically last season but I doubt Pogba has any reservations about giving Martial the ball, like he obviously has had with Lukaku.
With all that said, Lukaku is still the better striker.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Deserves all the criticism he gets. He's an unprofessional twat.
:lol:

He took permission from the club to train with Anderlecht but obviously I want to moan because I dislike the player, this thread is spot on.

caid

Let's face it, he didn't give one shit about his team mates when he was talking himself up for a move to Italy part way through the season. He's definitely not going to anymore.
Pretty much, he runs his balls off one training session to top the sprinting list so he can big himself up and by extension make those at the bottom of the list look bad but I doubt he considered any of the other players for a second when doing it.