Hating Lukaku

AJ10

Nothing to do with being prolific, none of our strikers are prolific. It's about basic ball control.

Martial and Lukaku were equally horrendous statistically last season but I doubt Pogba has any reservations about giving Martial the ball, like he obviously has had with Lukaku for the vast majority of their time playing together.

There's only so many times you can see your team mate leave the ball behind with a failed stepover and still take them seriously.
Shocking how bad he is and him becoming like Mark Henry made his lack of technique even worse.

Offsideagain

Jose sold him when he was at Chelsea but persisted with him at United. He just got lazy and complacent in my book. He did score some good goals though early on. Hope he doesn’t come back to haunt us like players usually do.

haram

People acting like he’s fecked off and gone to train in Conte’s personal gym :lol:

haram

Trains on his day off.

“UNPROFESSIONAL TWAT feck YOUUUU”.

diarm

Decent CF for some clubs, but never a 1st choice Man Utd striker. Tbh I'm not sure Rashford or Martial are either. Even someone like Andy Cole was a level above these in goalscoring consistentcy.
Even someone like third highest premier league goal scorer of all time Andy Cole? Fancy that!

AJ10

Jose sold him when he was at Chelsea but persisted with him at United. He just got lazy and complacent in my book. He did score some good goals though early on. Hope he doesn’t come back to haunt us like players usually do.
He'll do what he's always done. Score in patches, go missing in important games, be pretty useless in overall play and his usual pointing and thumps up.

::sonny::

I was so excited when we signed him, but what a disappointment he turned out to be...
United is not Everton +

Many players after getting a big contract stop to train properly, because they feel arrived

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Even someone like third highest premier league goal scorer of all time Andy Cole? Fancy that!
I know it sounded stupid. Was just never that much into Andy Cole as good as he was.

Smores

How about when he posts some nonsense on twitter?

Btw, I wish he fecks off for good and people forget he once played for us.
Are you a grown man or a 12 year old girl ffs. Incredible the level of bitchiness our fans stoop.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Lukaku was a huge huge part of the miracle night in Paris, one of the best days in recent club history, so theres always that

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Shouldn't be too hard that. One of the most forgettable players to ever feature for United, even for a flop.

caid

Offtopic but I think there were periods were Cole was a bit limited (when he first joined) or outshone (by a shiny new Dwight Yorke) that people end up underestimating how damn good he was 3 / 4 seasons. That game against Fiorentina with Batistuta kind of stands out as a top tier, world class performance.

R'hllor

Stop the hate, he might not be sold, you never know. Next day you will be shouting "gtfi Lukaku you professional mf with Godlike first touch!" when he scores for us.

diarm

Offtopic but I think there were periods were Cole was a bit limited (when he first joined) or outshone (by a shiny new Dwight Yorke) that people end up underestimating how damn good he was 3 / 4 seasons. That game against Fiorentina with Batistuta kind of stands out as a top tier, world class performance.
I'd murder a fella for a peak Andy Cole right now. Rarely gets the credit he deserves for being a brilliant all round forward as well as a quality goal scorer.

Part of one of the great Premiership partnerships and you can't do that without being a decent ball player. He's everything Lukaku isn't.

caid

I'd murder a fella for a peak Andy Cole right now. Rarely gets the credit he deserves for being a brilliant all round forward as well as a quality goal scorer.

Part of one of the great Premiership partnerships and you can't do that without being a decent ball player. He's everything Lukaku isn't.
I think every club in every country would murder for a peak Andy Cole. Lukaku is fecking desirable atm!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was fine last season for the most part, some moaning which is whatever. This summer has been awful though from him. Unprofessional twat. All his social media posts have been a fecking embarrassment and I hope he never sets foot on Old Trafford in our colors again. If he ever comes back as an opposing player, then I hope we give him just as bad as Tevez got.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
We are angry and we want someone to dislike:

Patsy 1 = Ed
Patsy 2 = Lukaku
Patsy 3 = Beanz
Patsy 4 = Young
Patsy 5 = Sanchez

If no Patsy is suitable, laugh at Jones.

In fact, let's substitute the word Patsy with Tier. That's cool, right?

Last edited:

PepsiCola

@haram opinion on Lukaku feigning injury all preseason, openly talking about a move away and leaking club training information in twitter?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Or declares Conte the best manager in the world and how it's his dream to play in Serie A despite still being a United player.

Wilfred Brown

the bad thing about him is that he is a pure goal scorer that doesn't offer much outside of scoring, but he is only a 1 goal per 2 games player that does not score in big games.

jesperjaap

Lukaku was a huge huge part of the miracle night in Paris, one of the best days in recent club history, so theres always that

Well every player has that, Fellaini got a couple of important goals, Michael Owen who was a great player long before we signed him but made me cringe seeing him with number 7 scored in the derby.

My enduring memory of Lukaku will always be that first touch, couldnt believe people were sayign he was better than Ibra after his first few games. He does of course have his good points and when he isnt awful and is on it, he is a handful cant deny that, but I cant believe big clubs in Italy are trying so hard to sign him

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Trains on his day off.

“UNPROFESSIONAL TWAT feck YOUUUU”.
Speaks about another teams coach as the best in the world. Goes out publicly and says he wants to move there. Releases private data from the club into the public to try to get points in a pissing contest with the clubs fans. Puts on a lot of muscle for the world cup and doesn't slim down when it's obvious that the new manager wants more movement from his players.

The fans haven't been great with Lukaku, but he certainly hasn't made himself lovable apart from his celebrations looking genuine.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think every club in every country would murder for a peak Andy Cole. Lukaku is fecking desirable atm!
It's kind of strange the shortage there is of great strikers atm. I'm kind of thinking why does a club like Juventus want Lukkaku? And then we have a club our size relying on Martial and Rashford who still havn't proven they can score 20+ goals.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The problem is the lack of respect for his teammates and the institution, like you said the data is in itself meaningless but to leak it just to illustrate a social media rant is stupid and unprofessional. For me it demonstrates a lack of discipline.
Agreed, mate. It seems like Lukaku doesn't have problem talking down his teammates or teams, with his comment(s). I can understand it if it's to motivate others (ala Keane on Fletcher), but I'm not sure that's what Lukaku had in mind.

Last edited:

Inter Yer Nan

When he wrote that piece about how mentally strong he is, there were some people who said it's only the mentally weak that need to keep banging on about that. I think those folks were bang on. His record shows he doesn't do well against the top sides and his attitude last season stunk. The talking up a move to Italy, leaking of information etc; is a bad look for a player who's by and large been a flop here. It suggests he's not willing to put the effort in perhaps due to mental weakness. I think he just fancies a "new start" in an easier league and has been mailing it in for us for a while now.

Varun

Staff
Wish he was as active on the pitch as he is on social media and running his mouth off. He's the kind of guy who'll talk about Utd years after he's gone.

Wish he was as active on the pitch as he is on social media and running his mouth off. He's the kind of guy who'll talk about Utd years after he's gone.
He’s a player’s version of David Moyes.

Does well as a mediocre club, talks up his own game, but everyone can see how unbelievably limited he is, will talk about how leaving Utd was never his fault and despite all the evidence to the contrary will keep saying for years how well he did and that he should still be at Utd.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Speaks about another teams coach as the best in the world. Goes out publicly and says he wants to move there. Releases private data from the club into the public to try to get points in a pissing contest with the clubs fans. Puts on a lot of muscle for the world cup and doesn't slim down when it's obvious that the new manager wants more movement from his players.

The fans haven't been great with Lukaku, but he certainly hasn't made himself lovable apart from his celebrations looking genuine.
Understatement.

Read through the other thread and tell me some posters don't have some serious issues regarding Lukaku. Last time I saw that level of vitriol was with Fellaini.

Again, you don't have to like a player, but yeah... Serious issues. But meh, wishing that he moves on so everyone can move on

Trophy Room

Understatement.

Read through the other thread and tell me some posters don't have some serious issues regarding Lukaku. Last time I saw that level of vitriol was with Fellaini.

Again, you don't have to like a player, but yeah... Serious issues. But meh, wishing that he moves on so everyone can move on
No one really hates him. We are fickle United supporting football fans on a relatively anonymous forum and we need someone to blame. Our two biggest rivals won the PL and CL respectively.

Lukaku and Pogba were big money signings who we thought would perform better than they have done. Both have wanted moves away. Lukaku also hasn’t done himself any favours either with his recent social media musings. I think it has been difficult for players to love playing for United of late for obvious reasons. The atmosphere in general around United has also turned somewhat toxic so their is a disconnect between the team and fans imo. Scapegoat situations then become commonplace. We seem to hate most players on here if you read carefully :wenger::lol:.