Have Liverpool peaked?

OmarUnited4ever

Theres no money in football at present. The affect of covid on football finances has been devastating. I'd expect the entire core of that team to remain at least for another season. Salah and Mane at both 28. This would normally be the summer that they made their moves abroad but theres no money available from the traditional clubs that would be interested. What money those clubs do have is being held back for runs at Mbappe, Messi and Haaland.

Maybe there will be a merry go round of forwards moving if the above three move,and if they do Salah and Mane are just sloppy seconds.
I agree with this 100%.

If anyone will be willing to spend big money in attackers, then they would go for Mbappe or Haaland, or other young attackers such as Sancho, Salah & Mane are too old now and of course to expensive (transfer fees and wages).

Another thing is, I am shocked at Klopp's inability to switch things up and try different things to win games, he still has at his disposal plenty of quality players, this collapse is really a terrible one.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
It's difficult to say given the current circumstance. I believe Sir Alex Ferguson used to say that a team had a "4 year cycle". They have been fortunate with injuries, probably aided by the type of players they recruit (good durability). They have been competing with Manchester City for the last 3 seasons and they simply could not afford to rest their players, due to the fact that the replacements let to a marked drop in quality. Some of their players have played the most minutes in the league over the last 3 seasons with almost no breaks. I also think there is an inevitable mental fatigue. Manchester City went through it last season. At their best they are one of the strongest teams I have ever seen.

To get back to the top, they just need to get their injured players back and also recruit in some other areas. Some of their players need at least 3 weeks off but I doubt they will be able to get it, especially if the European Championship goes ahead.