Have Liverpool peaked?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Terrible champions. Already suffered the heaviest defeat by a champion and can't seem arsed now.

Their form since before lockdown and since has been pretty poor as well.

So they aren’t the greatest ever premier league team, despite them telling everyone (no one cares) for months.

Relegation form.

OleBoiii

Looking like a completely different team in 2020.

3 losses and 2 draws in the league and out of all cups at an early stage.

Art

Art the artist
Any talk of Klopp building a dynasty at Pool needs to wait until he wins it again. Mentality monsters ? Don't think so.

Paul_Scholes18

Since we got Bruno they have turned worse and we have been the better side than them.
Funny how it works.
Klopp complained like a madman about needing a vinterbreak for them. Then they turned to shit after it very clearly.

Corona world is very different though and we will see what happens when you get crowds again. I think they get carried by the crowd a lot and plays with high energy.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
City have shown its hard to get maximum League performances and record points totals past two seasons.
The thing is, Liverpool have done it for 2 seasons as well now. City were just 5mm better than them last season. And this year they don't get a proper summer to recuperate.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We should maybe ever so slightly remember they've cruised it and these games now don't matter.

But let's really hope they take this dodgy spell into next season.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We'll drop off points wise next season. I don't expect us to reach 90+ again. Just doesn't seem possible.

We definitely need to add something to the midfield or a creative spark. Teams are starting to figure out how to defend more efficiently against us.

BestRed

Hope they hang on in there for one last hurrah against Chelsea next week before fecking off into oblivion.

The Real Treble 99

I can see this current side still competing next season but that’s it. Don’t think they’re good enough for any kind of domination & let’s be honest this season they just scraped over the line in some of their games. Personally they looked really strong & were a better team last season.

Guy Incognito

The thing is, Liverpool have done it for 2 seasons as well now. City were just 5mm better than them last season. And this year they don't get a proper summer to recuperate.
Yep hence why I expect they'll drop off next season, just like City this season. Still, 80-85 points might be enough to win the title.

DRM

When will these cnuts start dropping off?? On their way to another title as I can't see anyone stopping them this season. Maybe when klopp decides to call it a day?

Paul_Scholes18

They are defending worse this season though. Yet they keep scoring a lot and get saved by Allison.
So far VAR has not been needed to save them fully.
They have great mentality to bounce back from conceding goals though.

El Zoido

When will these cnuts start dropping off?? On their way to another title as I can't see anyone stopping them this season. Maybe when klopp decides to call it a day?
Everyone else is garbage, they’d struggle more if they felt any kind of pressure.

Shark

@NotShark
They'll have the league wrapped up by Xmas and we'll do feck all about it under Ole and this board.

In Rainbows

I don't get why you would expect a drop off seeing as their main players are still in their prime.

Dominos

I don't get why you would expect a drop off seeing as their main players are still in their prime.
You would think it would be difficult to be hitting the ~100 point mark year after year with the intesity that is required to be that consistent. They've been very fortunate with injuries for the last couple of years.

However they've made a couple of big signings and no one else really looks capable, so they're still favourites.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Maybe at their peak but there's another title there for them if they perform even reasonably well.
City will lose more games due to their defensive issues and Chelsea & Arsenal are not good enough to challenge them.
Plus Thiago is a great addition.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
I am annoyed as well even as a low Leicester City fan. Last season we were second for a while, and without Klopp probably first. I think once our players realised they couldn't be caught but at same time thought CL was in the bag we dropped off like crazy. We have started this season well, but the reality is we wont be anywhere near Liverpool, A club like LCFC once we start to drop off, we will eventually get relegated again and probably be another 4-5 decades before we get another season high up in the top division.

I think this Liverpool team will be dominant until Klopp leaves.

Crustanoid

Have they fvck peaked :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The rest have gone to shit and we’re the worst culprits by a country mile.

it’s not that they’ve achieved anything-it’s other clubs being imbeciles that made this happen

Fussball13251

Absolutely they have. I’m convinced this year is a one off.
Nope. Too many good smart signings. Thiago. Jota.

You can tell that this Jota guy is gunna be brutal for them. They keep buying and their buys are Fergie level good. Too intelligent a coach. This is not Gérard Houllier or Roy Evans.

And Pep... well he looks disappointed that he didn't get the players he wanted.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Nope. Too many good smart signings. Thiago. Jota.

You can tell that this Jota guy is gunna be brutal for them. They keep buying and their buys are Fergie level good. Too intelligent a coach. This is not Gérard Houllier or Roy Evans.

And Pep... well he looks disappointed that he didn't get the players he wanted.
We'll see...

They don't even have to be as good as last season TBF, they have peaked.

Fussball13251

We'll see...

They don't even have to be as good as last season TBF, they have peaked.
Think. When he has to rotate he has Thiago ad Jota on the bench. I know that Jota missed a chance, but still... what an all-round classy player. They are not a mid-table club anymore. They are a well run club now...from top to coach.

/watch?v=gFKzah3HC9c Lewandowski finish that one.

Edit: No I am saying we are gunna have to accept that they are no longer mid-table-ish. We're gunna have to up our game.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
The horrible bastards are going to put us through what we did to them. Neither of us can both be good simultaneously.

Cloud7

Even if they're on the way down, which it doesn't look like they are, there's no one even close to catching up with them. Their closest competitors look like they might end up closer to us than Liverpool. Cnuts.

hungrywing

It'll be interesting if/when Klopp leaves.

Right now it's the perfect match of stats/data-driven football operations and best manager in the world.

If/when he leaves we'll see how well their approach fares with a 'mere' good manager.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Think. When he has to rotate he has Thiago ad Jota on the bench. I know that Jota missed a chance, but still... what an all-round classy player. They are not a mid-table club anymore. They are a well run club now...from top to coach.
Who suggested they were a mid-table side?

Everything looks easy on paper but in reality, they will struggle more with the fixture congestion this year. They categorically won't match what they did last year. You can quote me on that!

Nicolarra90

Think they peaked, but that doesn't mean they can't win the league this year. Won't be close to 100 pts though.

Dr. StrangeHate

Until Klopp goes I don't see how anyone other than City can compete. If he stays 10 years, I expect 7 PL and 3 CL.

They have Salah, Mane, Trent, VVD and maybe Alisson as World Class players while the rest are good players. Other than VVD all the other players are replaceable as well. It is scary what Klopp has built on a budget less than what United and City have.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Who suggested they were a mid-table side?

Everything looks easy on paper but in reality, they will struggle more with the fixture congestion this year. They categorically won't match what they did last year. You can quote me on that!
They won’t have to reach 100, they’ll still walk the league.

Fussball13251

watch?v=jAoXKCc-nzo I knew that Pep or Klopp would go for him. Klopp's a sneaky bastard. He'll keep his interests in players secret.

"He's like Dirk Kuyt, a pressing workhouse but more agile and quick"

Far superior. Technically much better. Klopp buys very technical players to suit his system.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They'll easily win the league again. Up to other teams to respond next season. But I don't see anyone making the sort of moves to do so. The only team that has a manager that's good enough is City and they're in a transitional phase with a lot of players past their peak or no longer being food enough, defence is terrible now. The rest - us, Chelsea, Arsenal etc all have newbie managers who aren't really capable of mounting title challenges. So it's the perfect time for Livepool to rack up some league titles imo. Their only real rival is going through a bit of a mid-life crisis of sorts and seemingly relied on getting Messi to get back their previous level.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
The horrible bastards are going to put us through what we did to them. Neither of us can both be good simultaneously.
Nah.You put us through 10 years of misery when you got 19 leagues to go ahead. Then 20 leagues. There's no way this is lasting 10 years, not when the sleeping giant that is united will wake up soon enough. So there is no real way we can do what you did to us unless your owner and mgmt really screw things up for the next 10 years. That would put you at 17 yrs without a title. Not happening with your pull and money. Liverpool didn’t have your money when we were in the wilderness hence the long wait.

marktan

They're at their peak now. It'll stay that way for a good 3 years or so more, when players like Mane and Salah hit around 31-32. Coincidentally that's around the time Klopp will leave.

Pyschologically that probably helps them as they know they have 3-4 years to really try to dominate and after that will be the end. And I think they will - even as a neutral I think their team is as good if not better than our 07-08 team, and Id expect them to be close to or winning the PL and CL in each of these next 3-4 years.

Whatever you think about Klopp you have to hand it to him - this Liverpool side is a masterclass in how to build a team and now they've added some strong squad depth too.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
They will walk the league this year but I think this might be the last truly dominant season with the current team. They are likely to see a good amount of age related decline among key players and at some point their incredible injury luck will regress to the mean.

They could get worse next year and still win the title of course.