Have Liverpool peaked?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Don't think they've been great since things started going wrong before lockdown. They were never gonna be able to maintain the level they were at, to be fair.

Mane and Alisson out certainly makes things a lot worse. Do we know when Mane should be safe to play? I know it's a good while for the keeper.
Mane will be back for the next game. Alisson is the big worry as he’s going to be out a while and we have a walking calamity in goal

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Mane will be back for the next game. Alisson is the big worry as he’s going to be out a while and we have a walking calamity in goal
What? Mané has Covid. What makes you think he'll be back in less than a week?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
What? Mané has Covid. What makes you think he'll be back in less than a week?
Well there’s an international break, and his isolation time is 10 days from the reports I’ve read online!

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Yep. If goalkeeping errors cost you a few more early points it could be a difficult job catching Everton.

Snow

Well there’s an international break, and his isolation time is 10 days from the reports I’ve read online!
The protocol here is 14 days after you've stopped showing any symptoms. I do believe it's the same in the UK. Then again we're harsher on dealing with this thing than the UK. If a player has Covid their entire team is quarantined according to protocol and also the opposing teams when applicable. 10 days sounds irresponsible to me.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Don't think they've been great since things started going wrong before lockdown. They were never gonna be able to maintain the level they were at, to be fair.

Mane and Alisson out certainly makes things a lot worse. Do we know when Mane should be safe to play? I know it's a good while for the keeper.
Mane has COVID and tested positive on Thursday or Friday. I think he and Thiago will play the derby.

Enfant terrible

Nah, this is a result of some serious thinking and I'm borderline psychic. They lose points to Villa and Everton for starters. Well maybe not Villa, but hey a man can dream, right?
When it comes to us, this season we'll be a level above our performances from last season. But next season... oooh next season we'll be hot
If Everton stay on their high horse, call me Oracle
Arguing this way, I think you might find that Liverpool has nearly only easy fixtures this season - and that they're all 'game-raising cnuts' when they meet Man Utd... Also, I don't really see the difference between Leeds and Chelsea in your description.
Chelsea lost to West Ham
Leeds should have von vs City
I think you can see the difference
Genuinely interested as to why you think this?
:cool:
Last night's loss to Villa was not possible last season. It's a deviation, yeah, but your deffence has been shit for some time now. You are too dependant on Mane and Salah. Your luck had to change at some point.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Klopp's teams generally have a tendency to get burnt out after some seasons. The high intensity combined with not enough fresh transfers lead to a dip in motivation, especially after 2 magnificent seasons for them. Which is why I personally think this season will be a huge struggle for Liverpool. Obviously they won't crash as far down as Dortmund did in Klopp's final season there since they didn't lose too many key players and actually got some great players added. But it's almost certain they won't play on the same level as they did the last two seasons.
I think Liverpool have peaked under Klopp and they won't be able to stay at the peak this season. To avoid serious dips, they need serious additions to change things up, more hungry players. It's just impossible to keep such an attitude over the course of 2+ seasons and this will be punished in such a competetive environment.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The protocol here is 14 days after you've stopped showing any symptoms. I do believe it's the same in the UK. Then again we're harsher on dealing with this thing than the UK. If a player has Covid their entire team is quarantined according to protocol and also the opposing teams when applicable. 10 days sounds irresponsible to me.
It's different in every country. This is from the NHS website:

If you have symptoms or have tested positive for coronavirus, you'll usually need to self-isolate for at least 10 days.

You'll usually need to self-isolate for 14 days if:

• someone you live with has symptoms or tested positive
  • someone in your support bubble has symptoms or tested positive
  • you've been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
However I know that in the Netherlands, you only need to self-isolate for 7 days after a positive test, because they tell you that you're only infectious in the 5 days before you're showing symptons. You don't even need a negative test after those 7 days. And I know that those rules are different from the ones we apply in Belgium...

Mane tested positive on Thursday or Friday which would be a full 15-16 days before the derby against Everton. Pretty sure he'll be able to play.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
I think this entire thread is about wishful thinking. They've had a few defensive problems since the start of the year due to Van Dijk's ego preventing him from pulling his finger out. That humiliating result might just be the very thing to turn them around & give them an almighty kick in the backside. Expect a change in attitude from the defenders from her eon in i.e. they haven't peaked, they are about to move up 1 or 2 gears.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Liverpoo * defence is not so good either and Gomez is shite.

Seven Up for them yesterday.

Snow

It's different in every country. This is from the NHS website:

However I know that in the Netherlands, you only need to self-isolate for 7 days after a positive test, because they tell you that you're only infectious in the 5 days before you're showing symptons. You don't even need a negative test after those 7 days. And I know that those rules are different from the ones we apply in Belgium...

Mane tested positive on Thursday or Friday which would be a full 15-16 days before the derby against Everton. Pretty sure he'll be able to play.
That's not true. You are infectious up to 5 days before you show symptoms and the entire time you do show symptoms. It's naive to think that you can't spread a virus whilst it's in full force in your body.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
That's not true. You are infectious up to 5 days before you show symptoms and the entire time you do show symptoms. It's naive to think that you can't spread a virus whilst it's in full force in your body.
I wasn’t trying to proclaim the truth, just what they told me in the Netherlands and Belgium. It’s different in every country.

Snow

I wasn’t trying to proclaim the truth, just what they told me in the Netherlands and Belgium. It’s different in every country.
The virus behaves the same way in every country. I don't believe the Benelux countries are spreading misinformation.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
If Everton stay on their high horse, call me Oracle

Chelsea lost to West Ham
Leeds should have von vs City
I think you can see the difference

:cool:
Last night's loss to Villa was not possible last season. It's a deviation, yeah, but your deffence has been shit for some time now. You are too dependant on Mane and Salah. Your luck had to change at some point.
You didn't want to talk to me before we played Villa :lol:
A result like that has always been possible for this Liverpool side. We have played such a high line since Klopp came in that one day, we were bound to get caught out. Adrian didn't help but Salah apart, we were poor in every single position which Villa made the most of. We haven't looked good since the restart in July. Most of us thought it was because we had nothing really to play for knowing that the league was practically secured but we were seriously lacking in all departments yesterday. It's down to Klopp and the players to prove that yesterday's result was an anomaly rather than a trend. 4 losses in 80 odd games is a great return but the manner of yesterday's defeat will hopefully kick a few of our players up the arse

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
You think Klopp sticks with Gomez or shifts Fabinho back to partner with VVD for Everton? Think the latter happens if Thiago makes it back for this.
Yep. I rate Gomez highly but he's still young and is prone to the odd positional mistake which catches us out. Fabinho is a solid option but I would have loved to bring another defender in before the window closes tonight

Last edited:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
You think Klopp sticks with Gomez or shifts Fabinho back to partner with VVD for Everton? Think the latter happens if Thiago makes it back for this.
Yeah Gomez needs some time out. If Matip isn't fit then I'd go with Fabinho there.

Enfant terrible

If last season's injury trend changes and we gain momentum, we are not that far off. We can beat any side in the PL at any moment, but I think we probably won't challenge this season because we could lose at home to Fulham and similar. With next years contract expiration we are really in the position to do some smart tweeks next summer window thou. If we manage that right, next season we'll contend. Season after that we win it.

Nah, this is a result of some serious thinking and I'm borderline psychic. They lose points to Villa and Everton for starters. Well maybe not Villa, but hey a man can dream, right?
When it comes to us, this season we'll be a level above our performances from last season. But next season... oooh next season we'll be hot
Yeah

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The Villa match was a freak result. Only for Pickford and a handful of wonder saves and an absurd VAR decision they would've battered Everton.

They are still miles ahead of anyone else.

The_Midfielder

This season covid will wreck PL havoc.. We have already seen Pogba, Mane, Thiago get it .. key players could be missing important games .. so nobody can predict ...

RU Devil

Gonna be an interesting season to watch. Pickford looks to have done a number on VVD's knee so maybe Klopp makes some adjustments. Defense is definitely dodgy and can be breached.

cyberman

The Villa match was a freak result. Only for Pickford and a handful of wonder saves and an absurd VAR decision they would've battered Everton.

Everton should have scored 4 themselves.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Our back line was already dodgy with Van Dijk in it. 13 conceded in five games is horrendous.

Thought Matip and Gomez played well together but we’ll miss what Van Dijk gives us aerially.

djembatheking

Our back line was already dodgy with Van Dijk in it. 13 conceded in five games is horrendous.

Thought Matip and Gomez played well together but we’ll miss what Van Dijk gives us aerially.
What is up with Van Dijk ? Is he out for a while?

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
It's still early days & they should've won today. Where was VAR when Pickford went berserk with that foul on Virgil? Such a long way to go-who cares?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Honestly think they'd be miles off if they had Adrian in goal up to January. He's a walking mistake currently each game.

Doubt they'll reach 90 points but then I don't see any prem team getting that given the schedule and lack of pre season so going to be a closer title race and league in general.

They're still favourites and have Sheffield United and West Ham at home to get back on track before month is out.

Jonno

Liverpool are evidently not as good. They’ve been incredibly hit and miss, hot and cold since Watford, since A Madrid. They were superb in 2019, and for 1-2 months in 2020, but largely, they’ve been top 6 level since.

They still have to be favourites for the PL, purely because thee general standard of the nearest challengers is pretty poor. This City team Is incredibly inconsistent.

I suspect 85 points will do it this season.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Slowly getting to that Klopp-final-season-at-Dortmund level. Obviously a better team than they ever were though.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Is VvD out longer? If so, i see Liverpool a level below the last two seasons. Actually even with him they haven't been too solid in defense so far.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Villa was worrying. Today was one of games you get every season were the decisions conspire to mean it's not your day. We were the better team, we looked far better before their keeper hobbled one of our best players, and I think it's a credit the team kept on and didn't let that effect them; they can clearly still perform when the chips are down. Nothing about today makes me worried about this team, unless Thiago and Van Djik both have months long injuries.

Enfant terrible

As was majority of Liverpool's whole last season.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Thiago and Van Dijk both went for scans. Van Dijk’s looked bad considering how his knee bent.