Have Liverpool peaked?

Enfant terrible

That's ridiculous. When you're performing over the course of a season, or two seasons in Liverpool's case, it's the norm. Not a series of a freak results.

You can despise them and still admit they're a good team.
97 points, 99 points, 23 astmathtic players,
goal difference of +39 after 23 games while xGD was only +22.8, 0 important injuries.. those are just numbers, I tend not to look at footbal through numbers.

In the 97 point season no one took them seriously so they had a free run + we were all expecting a slippery G moment.

Last season was freaky, but statistically after 30 years of participating in the EPL it had to happen.

macheda14

97 points, 99 points, 23 astmathtic players,
goal difference of +39 after 23 games while xGD was only +22.8, 0 important injuries.. those are just numbers, I tend not to look at footbal through numbers.

In the 97 point season no one took them seriously so they had a free run + we were all expecting a slippery G moment.

Last season was freaky, but statistically after 30 years of participating in the EPL it had to happen.
Statistically it had to happen to one team or to them in particular?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Have they really demanded a review of VAR or did I mishear, after the way it bent us over backwards last season whilst bending over for them. VAR hates the champions, its about the product.

Man that Pickford on VVD though, not given because VVD was offside. Stonewall fecking red and put him out for 7 months. The Mane one they need to suck up, happens Sterling every 2 weeks, the Pickford foul though man I'd be pissed was that done to a city player/

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Even without VVD, still the team to beat and odds on favourite for the league imo.
I don't agree. Van Dijk is what seperates them from City. He's the best defender in the league and probably the world, without him the long ball will be a very viable strategy against Liverpool. Trent and Robertson's forays up the pitch will be a lot easier to punish without him sweeping up all the loose balls. Not to mention his ariel presence will be sorely missed. He's the last player they'll have wanted injured.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I don't agree. Van Dijk is what seperates them from City. He's the best defender in the league and probably the world, without him the long ball will be a very viable strategy against Liverpool. Trent and Robertson's forays up the pitch will be a lot easier to punish without him sweeping up all the loose balls. Not to mention his ariel presence will be sorely missed. He's the last player they'll have wanted injured.
Agree with the last part, and hope the rest of your post is right, don’t see it myself but I’d rather you be right than me!!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
he was walking though. It looked more like an impact injury to me, if so he w‘mould be our for a matter of days. Will have to wait to find out.
Days? There's rumours it's out for the season!

You know you can walk away from some pretty serious injuries? Adrenaline masks it very temporarily.
I've walked off from snapped ankle ligaments, then the next day couldn't move. And been out 3months.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
About time they had some bad luck with injuries.

Dont wish an injury on anyone, very tough luck for VVD but injuries unfortunately are part of sport and it does happen to every team. I dont think Liverpool will suffer that much, and their system was making them better than individuals but lets see. I can see them conceding from the air a lot more.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Without VVD they'll have to be more offensive so their attack players would need to step up.

6 home league defeats in a row

Dante

Average bang
They peaked up until the Coronavirus hit.

Since the lockdown, Liverpool are:
PlayedWinsDrawsLostGoals ForGoals AgainstPoints

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a stark turnaround. At one point last season we’d won something ridiculous like 36/37 games. Right now we’re just fortunate we have 40 points on the board.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
They peaked up until the Coronavirus hit.

Since the lockdown, Liverpool are:
PlayedWinsDrawsLostGoals ForGoals AgainstPoints
Slightly before, wasn't it? Their last few games before lockdown were awful.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I'm very much in the 'Klopp burns his players out' camp.

Jaxa

I think this just goes to show how unpredictable football is if we needed reminded and how 1 season can be so different to the other,

this is crazy free fall though, can’t think of any other time I’ve seen such a decline in almost everything, quality, teamwork, attack, mentality, just everything

Thank feck for it too

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Some poster mentioned a while back that Sacchi said you can only get this high pressing system out of a team for about three or four years.

I remember reading as well about Klopps end in Dortmund and a journalist said they only dropped their performance by about ten percent. But that was enough to put them into freefall.

I would say the Liverpool hierarchy are seriously looking at Gerrard now. It depends how long this rot persists. Something is rotten in denmark as they say.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Some poster mentioned a while back that Sacchi said you can only get this high pressing system out of a team for about three or four years.

I remember reading as well about Klopps end in Dortmund and a journalist said they only dropped their performance by about ten percent. But that was enough to put them into freefall.

I would say the Liverpool hierarchy are seriously looking at Gerrard now. It depends how long this rot persists. Something is rotten in denmark as they say.
The thing with the three year peak period followed by the inevitable freefall is that after a years rest, or new personnel, you're good to go for a new three year cycle. Klopp did exactly that with two clubs right?

The downside with this is a horrendous season, like Dortmund's and this season with LFC. The flip side is ridiculous world class, league and CL winning football. I'll take the downs with the ups.

Dante

Average bang
I think this just goes to show how unpredictable football is if we needed reminded and how 1 season can be so different to the other,

this is crazy free fall though, can’t think of any other time I’ve seen such a decline in almost everything, quality, teamwork, attack, mentality, just everything

Thank feck for it too
Moyes after 34 games (post Fergie retirement) versus Klopp after 36 games (post Covid lockdown)

TeamPlayedWinsDrawsLostGoals ForGoals AgainstWin PercentagePoints
Liverpool - Klopp3617910664747%60
United - Moyes3417611564050%57

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Confidence is the biggest thing in football. That's the only explanation for Liverpool.
Blaming their performances on injuries is laughable. They don't think they can win games.

Jaxa

Moyes after 34 games (post Fergie retirement) versus Klopp after 36 games (post Covid lockdown)

TeamPlayedWinsDrawsLostGoals ForGoals AgainstWin PercentagePoints
Liverpool - Klopp3617910664747%60
United - Moyes3417611564050%57
Moyes didn’t manage us the season before and win a title, what a stupid comparison