Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
If we want to have a chance, we can't get the new players only after the pre-season and with the league already rolling. We need time for the players to adapt to the city and club, to get in shape, to learn the new coach's strategies and tactics, to get to know the teammates, etc...

Mullet_Man

At this rate our only signing this summer is going to be a new bleeding social media team

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
you really don't think it would be helpful for new players to be in for pre-season, particularly with a new manager and whole new system? it's not like working for one branch of tesco and moving to Sainsbury's down the road. Oh and I'd rather like to be challenging for that fourth spot...
It’d be helpful but not crucial.
I’d like to be challenging for 4th spot too but I’m ok with missing it IF we are making progress and can see it coming together on the pitch then push for challenges and trophies the following season.

Godfather

I’d like to be challenging for 4th spot too but I’m ok with missing it IF we are making progress and can see it coming together on the pitch then push for challenges and trophies the following season.
You know what would help for things coming together quickly on the pitch? A proper pre season with all the new faces.

PoTMS

You've proven you'll make excuses for the club until the cows go home but somehow it's everyone's fault for panicking fearing we're falling into the same routine we've been in for the last 10 years after our worst ever season in the Premier League. It's absolutely essential we get the players in for a proper preseason under the new manager. Give him every chance of being able to achieve something next season. It beggars belief you still think a "few weeks" won't make a difference.

Telsim

That was in response to people who said that they have nothing to be excited about. One guy said he wasn’t renewing his ticket because there was no excitement. How can there not be excitement about this new coach?
My personal excitement has all but dispersed completely, seeing as how the club's gone back to business as usual. We are missing targets left, right and center. Players straight up refusing to come here, something which I long suspected will happen after a decade of failure and mismanagement. We literally can't complete a single transfer, while rivals have all but concluded their transfer business. By the end of this window we will be down to 4th choice second-rate players and we've already been down this road before. How did that end for us?

On the structure side of things, sure, there have been changes, but the people with the ultimate power are still the same. And the new appointments don't exactly inspire me with confidence either. People are getting way too hang up on Richard Arnold's words about delegating football matters to football people. Words are very easy. So far I've seen nothing to make me believe him or disbelief him. But what I do know is who is pulling his strings. And I wouldn't trust those people to boil two eggs.

So far I've seen nothing to make me optimistic about what is to come.

Andersons Dietician

The way the club is we could have Marina Granovskaia and Michael Edwards working on deals and it would probably still take an age. Actually we probably should try and get one of them in this summer as well.

It is a bit disappointing that there was lots of talk as their always is of the manager wanting the buisness done before pre-season starts. That day is quickly closing in and still nothing seems to have been done. My only hope is that DeJong gets done early next week and the rest of the signings planned start to fall in to place quickly.

Smores

You've proven you'll make excuses for the club until the cows go home but somehow it's everyone's fault for panicking fearing we're falling into the same routine we've been in for the last 10 years after our worst ever season in the Premier League. It's absolutely essential we get the players in for a proper preseason under the new manager. Give him every chance of being able to achieve something next season. It beggars belief you still think a "few weeks" won't make a difference.
The excuses for the sake of pushing positivity wears very thin doesn't it. We know the mistakes the club has made over the last decade but some still refuse to use that context to evaluate current activities.

It was heavily briefed ETH wanted his business done early but even if it wasn't there's huge benefit in starting business early. If FDJ falls through we need our options to still be available and not be asking a team to sell a player when they themselves won't have time for replacements.

With everyday that goes by we'll be in a worse position overall. Given ins and outs you'd expect we'll have 5-8 transfers to complete which is a lot to do in a short time when the interdependencies are considered.

UnitedFire

A couple of weeks is not going to make a huge difference. This season is not going to be important in terms of trophy chasing, it’ll be about coming together as a team and making progress on the system and style. So I’m not worried about people joining later in the window
Granted the international matches mean most players have another week anyway, but after that our central midfield is pivotal.

You can sign a winger later as it won't dramarically change your play style. Similarly a CB who is similar but better can wait, e.g. Bailly will do. We can't use Maguire if wanting to use a midfield two and progressed defence as the team will lose all renewed confidence when he is exposed.

golden_blunder

Staff
Wow we’ve never had players arrive late before. News for you fella, we’ve had players given longer breaks because of world cups etc, and we’ve bought players very late in the window before. Guess what, the sky hasn’t fallen.

and yet again I feel like I need to repeat myself because you clearly dont understand what I’ve been saying;

new CEO, new coach, 2 new DoF, new coaches.
window not over.
my message is give then a chance to get work done, judge them later in the window.
collectively stop behaving like impatient children

golden_blunder

Staff
My personal excitement has all but dispersed completely, seeing as how the club's gone back to business as usual. We are missing targets left, right and center. Players straight up refusing to come here, something which I long suspected will happen after a decade of failure and mismanagement. We literally can't complete a single transfer, while rivals have all but concluded their transfer business. By the end of this window we will be down to 4th choice second-rate players and we've already been down this road before. How did that end for us?

On the structure side of things, sure, there have been changes, but the people with the ultimate power are still the same. And the new appointments don't exactly inspire me with confidence either. People are getting way too hang up on Richard Arnold's words about delegating football matters to football people. Words are very easy. So far I've seen nothing to make me believe him or disbelief him. But what I do know is who is pulling his strings. And I wouldn't trust those people to boil two eggs.

So far I've seen nothing to make me optimistic about what is to come.
We can complain and protest all day long about glazers (I think that’s what your post is on about) but we all know they ain’t going somewhere else anytime soon. That’s the bottom line isn’t it really?
so a new structure is as good as it gets for us for now. So yes I will give that new structure a chance to prove themselves. Otherwise we are going to go down the same old worn path of pick a manager, sack a manager. We have to try something different. That’s why it would be nice if people separated them mentally from the glazers and let’s see what they can do

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
This is becoming a joke now. We start pre-season soon. I’ve read that book before where we get players in without a full pre season.

Our club is fecking depressing

golden_blunder

Staff
Granted the international matches mean most players have another week anyway, but after that our central midfield is pivotal.

You can sign a winger later as it won't dramarically change your play style. Similarly a CB who is similar but better can wait, e.g. Bailly will do. We can't use Maguire if wanting to use a midfield two and progressed defence as the team will lose all renewed confidence when he is exposed.
FDJ knows how ETH will play him, it’s about other players knowing where to position themselves etc. im sure for training they will get someone to ‘act’ like FDJ

Telsim

We can complain and protest all day long about glazers (I think that’s what your post is on about) but we all know they ain’t going somewhere else anytime soon. That’s the bottom line isn’t it really?
so a new structure is as good as it gets for us for now. So yes I will give that new structure a chance to prove themselves. Otherwise we are going to go down the same old worn path of pick a manager, sack a manager. We have to try something different. That’s why it would be nice if people separated them mentally from the glazers and let’s see what they can do
You can mentally separate them all you want, but that doesn't make it so in reality. Richard Arnold and John Murtough are ultimately their appointments and the Glazers decide what goes and what doesn't. Remember, Woodward called the shots for as long as he did entirely due to the them. My main reason for skepticism is what happened to Rangnick. Everyone knew he wasn't brought in for his brilliant coaching ability, but for the eventual restructuring of the club, of which he knows one or two things about. An outside professional with no previous ties to the club. I was looking forward to that. Suddenly he is gone in a very hush-hush manner as if he was never here. It is very suspicious and casts serious doubt on the club's desire to actually change things. My concerns about Richard Arnold's and John Murtough's competence levels aside, I have yet to see anything to convince me things are actually changing. Internal position shuffling is a classic PR move. I see absolutely no reason to give either of them the benefit of the doubt.

And since this is about the current transfer window, it has so done exactly the opposite of convincing me change is at hand. You'll have to pardon me if I'm short on belief and excitement.

Ralph1386

This is becoming a joke now. We start pre-season soon. I’ve read that book before where we get players in without a full pre season.

Our club is fecking depressing
Nothing is changing despite all the talk about change.

Ralph1386

You can mentally separate them all you want, but that doesn't make it so in reality. Richard Arnold and John Murtough are ultimately their appointments and the Glazers decide what goes and what doesn't. Remember, Woodward called the shots for as long as he did entirely due to the them. My main reason for skepticism is what happened to Rangnick. Everyone knew he wasn't brought in for his brilliant coaching ability, but for the eventual restructuring of the club, of which he knows one or two things about. An outside professional with no previous ties to the club. I was looking forward to that. Suddenly he is gone in a very hush-hush manner as if he was never here. It is very suspicious and casts serious doubt on the club's desire to actually change things. My concerns about Richard Arnold's and John Murtough's competence levels aside, I have yet to see anything to convince me things are actually changing. Internal position shuffling is a classic PR move. I see absolutely no reason to give either of them the benefit of the doubt.

And since this is about the current transfer window, it has so done exactly the opposite of convincing me change is at hand. You'll have to pardon me if I'm short on belief and excitement.
This transfer window is so far going exactly like all the transfer windows under Woodward.

James35

It is crazy how this place is the same every summer. With the negative realists Vs the positive dreamers, it will continue throughout the season also when we shit the bed early on but be told exactly that…it’s still early, no time to panic. We’ll inevitably fail in the cups also once we face anyone half decent and the debate will rumble on up until and after our nail biting battle for top 6.

Then the hopes and naive dreams will start again in the close season, as we will be led to believe the summer window will be the time to rectify the holes in squad and get us closer to challenging again (all whilst the teams already better than us improve and in a more efficient way). However we’ll have just come full circle to yet another frustrating summer window with our different but same inept recruitment team slowly preparing bids for players that are either too expensive for our budget limitations (once again hampered by our inability to sell any of our overpaid crap)…or by players who will only join if it’s the choice of us on a fat wage or unemployment.

The biggest consistency through all this though, and in the years to come (besides the age old Redcafe battle of wits) will be another new manager joining for yet another rinse and repeat project. All whilst us fans continue to cling on to memories of the past when we used to be a serious force in football and not just a ridiculed and debt riddled club with second rate facilities and staff…continuing to plod along into obscurity, whilst just about managing to stay relevant enough commercially to pay our leech owners handsomely.

OR this is just one big smoke screen and our new super team or Arnold, Murtough and Fletcher will drop 4 new signings ready for tour. Manage to sell Martial, Jones, Pereira and Bailly. ETH will take to the league like a duck to water and have us playing great football, with a squad full of togetherness and harmony on it’s way to challenging again for years to come?

WPMUFC

As I posted in the FDJ thread, If FDJ is going to take up to deadline day then the other targets have to be the priority now. How can we allow this squad to shed so many players and then prep for an influx of 3-4 right at the end of preseason?

If FDJ is a must have for ETH then I can understand it being the hardest to do. However if FDJ has the possibility to be a deadline day deal then there is no reason not to prioritise other signings so they can embed into the squad and ETH systems.

Ralph1386

FDJ knows how ETH will play him, it’s about other players knowing where to position themselves etc. im sure for training they will get someone to ‘act’ like FDJ
I don’t want to be mean, seriously no offense, but I’ve never read such crap in my life. Getting someone to ‘act’ on the training pitch like a player you will sign later?

Why do managers constantly ask their DOFs to get them players as early as possible to bed them in then? If it was that simple then why buy FDJ? Just get a guy to ‘act’ like him on match days :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The further into preseason this eats, the more the manager is being set up to fail.

Of all windows, this was/is the one we needed to get right off the back of the worst season in PL history; it most certainly wasn't/isn't the one to fall even further behind those we're competing against either in recruitment or preparation.

TrueRed79

Green and Gold till the club is sold. This season is going to be real bad. Can feel it in my bones. Who honestly envisaged at this stage that we wouldn't have signed one single player for a new manager. All this talk of change and it's the same old shite we get served up. Even if we sign 5 players or whatever, the protests are still going to be ratcheted up. Glazers think the fanbase are a bunch of muppets as far as i can tell.

ForeverRed1

We haven’t signed anyone yet and probably won’t for a while, however...

We might get some lovely old footage of us of when we were good or pictures of how ripped Elanga and rashford are getting... so it’s all good :drool:

#musclemanFC

golden_blunder

Staff
I don’t want to be mean, seriously no offense, but I’ve never read such crap in my life. Getting someone to ‘act’ on the training pitch like a player you will sign later?

Why do managers constantly ask their DOFs to get them players as early as possible to bed them in then? If it was that simple then why buy FDJ? Just get a guy to ‘act’ like him on match days :lol:
It happens all the time in training. Players ‘act’ like opposition players for example when training for a specific match. I’m talking about training not match days

Ralph1386

It happens all the time in training. Players ‘act’ like opposition players for example when training for a specific match. I’m talking about training not match days
And it’s an absolutely ridiculous excuse to come up with.

Ralph1386

Excuse? Im just saying they can still do their drills even if FDJ joins later
And it’s an excuse to justify being slow and inefficient at transfers. One of your many excuses which, funnily enough, I’m not the only one to point out. Absolutely ridiculous.

DiceRoller

On the flip side, this is the cheapest ever that you can buy shares in United. Peak of 26 in 2018, 11.44 right now.

In before the turnaround.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Well, who are your targets? One is FDJ, but who else Eriksen? If it’s Eriksen you would think that would be done in a New York minute.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We’ll inevitably fail in the cups also once we face anyone half decent and the debate will rumble on up until and after our nail biting battle for top 6.
See, this guy gets how to be a football supporter. Contagious level of optimism here

Status
Not open for further replies.