Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We should be all over Memphis. Can provide similar qualities to Martial as a striker. Can stay fit.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Martial is already quite comfortably the worst starting CF of any of this season's prospective top six. And beneath him we're currently relying on an unfit 37 year old who is actively trying to leave the club.

That's very bad situation to be in. And given we've had all summer to sign a Cavani/Greenwood replacement, largely self-inflicted.

Fooza

Problem is, few injuries here and there we are screwed, especially upfront.

We haven't signed enough to cover Europa league, got in enough quality to make advantage of the 5 subs, or when the world cup kicks in and squad rotating for that.

Not good enough, but hey it's the united board, what was I thinking.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
It says everything you need to know about this disaster of a transfer window that with 3 days until our first game a player that wanted to leave last year, had a failed loan spell last year, gets injured on the eve of the season and now we have to try to rush back Ronaldo, a player who is not fit for the start of the season and wants to leave. Fecking idiots in charge.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Martial is already quite comfortably the worst starting CF of any of this season's prospective top six. And beneath him we're currently relying on an unfit 37 year old who is actively trying to leave the club.

That's very bad situation to be in. And given we've had all summer to sign a Cavani/Greenwood replacement, largely self-inflicted.
Its entirely self inflicted. The options have been out there and there are still options out there. We've entirely ignored them. Incredible display of incompetence.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It really beggars belief how badly run this continues to be. So basically we gave up on our last season in December and had months to plan for a future and now at the start of the next season we are basically still as big a mess as we were & some would argue that we are even worse. Makes me so so angry

croadyman

It really beggars belief how badly run this continues to be. So basically we gave up on our last season in December and had months to plan for a future and now at the start of the next season we are basically still as big a mess as we were & some would argue that we are even worse. Makes me so so angry
More tired and weary with this window rather than angry anymore

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What I don’t like about the transfer window being open this year after the season starts is that we will most likely get outplayed by Brighton and Brentford before being murdered by Liverpool at home (I would honestly be happy with a 2-0 defeat at this point) and our board will only then realize the team is poor. They will panic but a few second rate targets so that we can not only be poor on the pitch but also left without funds to rebuild. Rinse & repeat.

Realistically the goal for this season will be to get into Europe next year. CL is out of reach but 6th is achievable.

Aeryis

He also did say we need 10 new players.
Which is true.

Shaw isn't good enough. Neither is Rashford. Neither is Mctominay. Neither is De Gea. Neither Lindelof. Neither is AWB. Neither is Fred. Neither is Maguire. Neither is Telles. Neither is Elanga. Neither was Pogba, Matic, or Lingard. 10 seems about right.

Anyone who thinks we don't need an entirely new starting XI isn't paying attention. Maybe another "worst season in 30 years" season will wake some people up.

Rex Banner

Bizarre that we don't seem to have identified a striker to bring in, other than a 19 year old kid. And those links only seem to have come about in the last few weeks.

I know Ronaldo leaving this summer wasn't something we'd planned for, but we knew Cavani was going and we were hoping to sell Martial, so surely we must have had some replacements in mind? Going into the new season with one fit striker, who doesn't want to be here and who doesn't even fit the system is a shambles.

romufc

Which is true.

Shaw isn't good enough. Neither is Rashford. Neither is Mctominay. Neither is De Gea. Neither Lindelof. Neither is AWB. Neither is Fred. Neither is Maguire. Neither is Telles. Neither is Elanga. Neither was Pogba, Matic, or Lingard. 10 seems about right.

Anyone who thinks we don't need an entirely new starting XI isn't paying attention. Maybe another "worst season in 30 years" season will wake some people up.
I guess you were only paying attention last season.

The POTS isn't good enough.

You do realise, Telles, Pogba, Matic, Lingard have all left? You also realise that Elanga isnt first choice?

I think you are not paying attention to what is happening.

Aeryis

I guess you were only paying attention last season.

You do realise, Telles, Pogba, Matic, Lingard have all left? You also realise that Elanga isnt first choice?

I think you are not paying attention to what is happening.
I think you need to pay attention to what I was replying to, and what is actually in my post, before typing out an angsted out reply. Notice I wrote "neither was Pogba, Matic, and Lingard", meaning I was aware that they left the club. My post was specifically about reaffirming Ralf's opinion on the squad, hence why I listed the players that were still there while he was still our coach. I also listed 13 players, not 10. It's basic reading comprehension.

Try harder next time.

He really isn't. The only thing he excels at is shot stopping, he's mediocre or shit at everything else. He can't claim crosses, for example. Being the best player in a shit team isn't exactly high praise.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Some big words earlier about how well we're set up now. No evidence so far except that we got a brilliant manager in

romufc

I think you need to pay attention to what I was replying to, and what is actually in my post, before typing out an angsted out reply. Notice I wrote "neither was Pogba, Matic, and Lingard", meaning I was aware that they left the club. My post was specifically about reaffirming Ralf's opinion on the squad, hence why I listed the players that were still there while he was still our coach. I also listed 13 players, not 10. It's basic reading comprehension.

Try harder next time.

He really isn't. The only thing he excels at is shot stopping, he's mediocre or shit at everything else. He can't claim crosses, for example. Being the best player in a shit team isn't exactly high praise.
Wasnt rocket science under Ralf that those players were leaving. They all came to the end of their contracts. Also, players leaving doesn't mean you need to replace them.

Ralf said it in Jan and ETH has briefed it too, the squad was too big. Also, I think if you understand football and how it works rather than thinking its FIFA or football manager, Its almost impossible to bring 10 players in 1 window.

Try understand this is real life and not a game.

stoinz

Feeling so drained. Was so excited when we announced ETH and now with the season about to start, all feelings of excitement are replaced by that of dread and weariness. Great job Richard Arnold and John Murtough!

Chip

Can't judge the signings yet, and all three are potential upgrades. But given the outgoing players I think it's safe to say that it's been an extremely underwhelming transfer window so far, and IMO it highlights the lack of ambition at the club coming off a season where we barely managed to finish 6th.

I think United fans permanently need to get used to life as supporters of a mid tier/"sub-top" club in the mold of Arsenal for the last decade or Liverpool from around '92-'15 (probably without the Champions League results).

Oldtraffordboy

Never ceases to amaze how incompetent people constantly fail upwards to the most powerful positions in huge organisations.

croadyman

Feeling so drained. Was so excited when we announced ETH and now with the season about to start, all feelings of excitement are replaced by that of dread and weariness. Great job Richard Arnold and John Murtough!
Yeah feel exactly the same where is the deep lying playmaker, RB and CF we so desperately need, at least on RW we have options albeit not good enough to backup Jadon.

Hard not to feel fed up with how this window has panned out so far. Really wish we hadn't got to put up with yet another month of this either.

Last edited:

FerociousCorgis

i still maintain if things dont turn around for the rest of this transfer window even a top half finish wont be assured. So thin, and hardly added any top talent that can be counted on this year. Already lost pretty much any of the depth up front after 1 injury, and still have pretty much no high quality CM options to speak of. Imagine if Fred got hurt too.

JuriM

Frenkie, Seško & Zyech added to our squad, that would be 9/10 transfer window for me for sure. Don't care about the fees at all.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Frenkie, Seško & Zyech added to our squad, that would be 9/10 transfer window for me for sure. Don't care about the fees at all.
What if United got Neves and called it a job done for the summer?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s officially a botched summer now, even if it ends well. To have to consider Elanga or a player who hasn’t even trained properly for the opening day is unforgivable.

It looks every bit as if people have just been shuffled around, but the result is the same.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Zyech has already failed in the EPL with Chelsea, Sesko is a future prospect which leaves De Jong as the only WC player signed. Its not a 9/10 transfer window at all especially if Ronaldo leaves

Kag

Season due to start and we have no fit centre forwards - one of them has clearly been on strike for over a month while the club has pretended that everything is ok. Meanwhile, we’re going to rely upon Anthony Elanga to get us out of a self-inflicted hole.

A staggering level of incompetence that has completely undermined the new manager - a clearly knowledgeable bloke who is meant to be one of the game’s most talented coaches.

Absolutely sick, to be honest.

Oh, and we’re still relying on Fred and McTominay in midfield. Piss off.

Amadevs

Supports
United
Here's another point of view: I put all the blame on EtH. His obsession with De Jong and Antony is beyond me. I will clear Arnold' guilt - he actually did his best, sending an offer and it has been accepted. What he can actually did wrong? And yes, 100 millions for Antony is ridiculous, I am not paying this, too! It's not like these are class above all other players out there. EtH must awake and he must do it now - giving the green light to options B. No time for being calm on these anymore. Back to reality, please.

ThanksBoss26

Season due to start and we have no fit centre forwards - one of them has clearly been on strike for over a month while the club has pretended that everything is ok. Meanwhile, we’re going to rely upon Anthony Elanga to get us out of a self-inflicted hole.

A staggering level of incompetence that has completely undermined the new manager - a clearly knowledgeable bloke who is meant to be one of the game’s most talented coaches.

Sums the whole situation up nicely.

Godfather

I wish I knew what the feck we are doing. Chasing FdJ all summer, ok fair enough. But also dithering about for a forward this much with the season starting this weekend

VivaRonaldo85

Was coming on to post something similar. So as centre forward options with two days to go before the season starts, we’ve lost Cavani, Greenwood’s career is all but over, Ronaldo hasn’t wanted to be at the club all summer, Martial is injured, a player that bad the last couple of years, we offloaded him on loan and still couldn’t get rid, and Elanga is a kid who might offer something in the future and sporadically off the bench.

We’ve also lost Pogba and Mata, two attack minded midfielders with an eye for goal and replaced with Eriksson on a free.

Whilst City buy Haaland, Liverpool Nunez, Chelsea Sterling, Spurs Richarlison & Arsenal Jesus amongst other attacking players.

Am I missing something here? How disgraceful is this window when you look at it like that?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Was coming on to post something similar. So as centre forward options with two days to go before the season starts, we’ve lost Cavani, Greenwood’s career is all but over, Ronaldo hasn’t wanted to be at the club all summer, Martial is injured, a player that bad the last couple of years, we offloaded him on loan and still couldn’t get rid, and Elanga is a kid who might offer something in the future and sporadically off the bench.

We’ve also lost Pogba and Mata, two attack minded midfielders with an eye for goal and replaced with Eriksson on a free.

Whilst City buy Haaland, Liverpool Nunez, Chelsea Sterling, Spurs Richarlison & Arsenal Jesus amongst other attacking players.

Am I missing something here? How disgraceful is this window when you look at it like that?
All correct with the rather large caveat it hadn't closed yet. There's a month left*

*I'm also frustrated

Giggsy13

We’re about to get outspent by West Ham this summer. West fecking Ham who’ve actually managed to add a midfielder :lol:

VivaRonaldo85

All correct with the rather large caveat it hadn't closed yet. There's a month left*

*I'm also frustrated
We’ll just give the rest a months head start until we sign all these new forwards and attacking midfielders on or around deadline day. We’re that brilliant, we can afford not to be transfer organised for the first day of the season!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
We’ll just give the rest a months head start until we sign all these new forwards and attacking midfielders on or around deadline day. We’re that brilliant, we can afford not to be transfer organised for the first day of the season!
Again I hear your frustration, but if the right players take an extra month then so be it.

If we feck it up, well...

Status
Not open for further replies.