Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olecurls99

We are so incredibly low on quality players in midfield and attack I could see us drop as far as 7th or 8th this season. We are an injury or two away from having to play last year's youth team in the premier league.
Nah I figure we've about 22 or 23 senior pros in the squad so about 12 or 13 injuries away

UTD_Since_1978

Zyech has already failed in the EPL with Chelsea, Sesko is a future prospect which leaves De Jong as the only WC player signed. Its not a 9/10 transfer window at all especially if Ronaldo leaves
I couldn't agree more.

What is it with some UTD fans? We get linked with a player & all of a sudden he is classed as a great signing despite the fact he was a total flop at Chelsea last season, so signing a Chelsea flop is great business in some people's eyes, I don't get it.

Olecurls99

I couldn't agree more.

What is it with some UTD fans? We get linked with a player & all of a sudden he is classed as a great signing despite the fact he was a total flop at Chelsea last season, so signing a Chelsea flop is great business in some people's eyes, I don't get it.
I wouldn't say a total flop now. His stats were pretty good when he did play last season. He'd be good cover on the right for us if Amad isn't ready.

AndySmith1990

I couldn't agree more.

Not that I want us to sign him, but is it always so black and white? Roll back to when Chelsea sold de Bryne and Salah and would you be calling them flops? Bet you would at the the time, even if with the wisdom of hindsight you'll probably say no

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We are so incredibly low on quality players in midfield and attack I could see us drop as far as 7th or 8th this season. We are an injury or two away from having to play last year's youth team in the premier league.
I think ETH is a decent enough coach that you won't finish lower than 6th. I don't think anyone below that has enough consistency to break into it either.

You are going into this weekend very short though. I had a feeling at the end of last season that you needed a massive rebuild in the squad.

Red_toad

Yep and some of our fans are actively abusing our player and want them gone. Our scouting system needs to really step up.

Lights Out

I can’t believe how quiet it is. The United transfer tweets thread doesn’t actually contain any tweets.

PoTMS

Be patient FFS, you moaning cry babies. Can't you see we've strengthened in positions we already were well stocked in? Never mind the gaping black hole that is our midfield and the sparse options up front. Besides, it's only *checks notes* the beginning of the Premier League season.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I just went through our squad and damn it’s depressing. There is so little to look forward to apart from the new manager.
Our midfield & Attack right now is
Fred
Mctominay
Bruno
VDB
Eriksen
Martial(hamstring)
Sancho( ?)
Rashford
Ronaldo ( doubt he is playing again)
Elanga
Amad

How is this even real

DutchCruijff

I am really, really, really worried for this season and for this club.

As it stands, Wan Bissaka, McTominay and Elanga are actually going to be regulars this season. I just cannot believe it.

This club is shockingly run. Shockingly. To the point that it is fecking infuriating.

We have no CDM, no CM, no RB, no RW and no #9 (to cover for Ronaldo) of quality. None.

We've been linked to ZERO RBs. What's going on here? Tell me, please. Dalot? Really? I love the kid but he needs competition. Wan Bissaka? Really? Really?!? You need to sell to buy? feck off. feck off! We've had one of our worst seasons for a long time, you fecking bought Wan Bissaka for £50m, you utter fecking clowns! And now we have to "sell to buy" a RB? feck off.

#9? Well apparently we were hoping to get into the season with our #9 as the same kid we were trying to shift only just over 6 months ago. Immense. We're thin up top. So so bad in quality.

Rashford is coming off of his worst season at the club - and I, quite frankly, don't rate him - Martial the same has been plagued by injuries, Elanga isn't Championship quality let alone United quality and it all rests on Sancho and a soon to be 38yo who doesn't even want to be here.

Hypothetically, an injury to Ronaldo and Sancho and we're fielding - Rashford/Martial/Elanga. That's stunning. It really is.

We haven't purchased a CDM in their prime since Owen-fecking-Hargreaves.

Alternative to Antony? Ziyech. You can't make this shit up. Really, you just can't. A kid who didn't cut it out at Chelsea but is our RW alternative? Ten Hag has to share significant blame here with these bizarre pursuits of Dutch/Ajax talents + single minded pursuit of Antony and De Jong.

Alternative to De Jong? Neves? Great player but Wolves will rip us off and being the last minute alternative is hardly ideal. Then the excuse of "we'll wait for the right players like Bellingham and Rice"...are you taking the fecking piss? Another season without UCL football and they'll join us?

And De Jong looks likely to stay at Barcelona because they aren't budging. And if he ends up staying and we get no CM, then Murtough, Arnold, Fletcher et al need sacking.

I see nothing but pain this season. feck the Glazers, feck Murtough & Arnold too. Bunch of INCOMPETENT fecking bastards.

Last edited:

The Irish Connection

I really hope the protesting fans hammer these leech clueless greedy owners on Sunday. fair play to everyone involved.

the_cliff

Not that I want us to sign him, but is it always so black and white? Roll back to when Chelsea sold de Bryne and Salah and would you be calling them flops? Bet you would at the the time, even if with the wisdom of hindsight you'll probably say no
Especially considering the said player had his best seasons under our current manager including multiple seasons with 20+ assists...

Blood Mage

I am really, really, really worried for this season and for this club.

As it stands, Wan Bissaka, McTominay and Elanga are actually going to be regulars this season. I just cannot believe it.

This club is shockingly run. Shockingly. To the point that it is fecking infuriating.

We have no CDM, no CM, no RB, no RW and no #9 (to cover for Ronaldo) of quality. None.

We've been linked to ZERO RBs. What's going on here? Tell me, please. Dalot? Really? I love the kid but he needs competition. Wan Bissaka? Really? Really?!? You need to sell to buy? feck off. feck off! We've had one of our worst seasons for a long time, you fecking bought Wan Bissaka for £50m, you utter fecking clowns! And now we have to "sell to buy" a RB? feck off.

#9? Well apparently we were hoping to get into the season with our #9 as the same kid we were trying to shift only just over 6 months ago. Immense. We're thin up top. So so bad in quality.

Rashford is coming off of his worst season at the club - and I, quite frankly, don't rate him - Martial the same has been plagued by injuries, Elanga isn't Championship quality let alone United quality and it all rests on Sancho and a 38yo who doesn't even want to be here.

Hypothetically, an injury to Ronaldo and Sancho and we're fielding - Rashford/Martial/Elanga. That's stunning. It really is.

We haven't purchased a CDM in their prime since Owen-fecking-Hargreaves.

Alternative to Antony? Ziyech. You can't make this shit up. Really, you just can't. A kid who didn't cut it out at Chelsea but is our RW alternative? Ten Hag has to share significant blame here with these bizarre pursuits of Dutch/Ajax talents + single minded pursuit of Antony and De Jong.

Alternative to De Jong? Neves? Great player but Wolves will rip us off and being the last minute alternative is hardly ideal. Then the excuse of "we'll wait for the right players like Bellingham and Rice"...are you taking the fecking piss? Another season without UCL football and they'll join us?

And De Jong looks likely to stay at Barcelona because they aren't budging. And if he ends up staying and we get no CM, then Murtough, Arnold, Fletcher et al need sacking.

I see nothing but pain this season. feck the Glazers, feck Murtough & Arnold too. Bunch of INCOMPETENT fecking bastards.
You'll be mocked for this rant but I feel you buddy. Feels like we're writing off another season and it's infuriating.

Frank Grimes

The scary thing is, it's not like we are suffering a major injury crisis. We've lost Martial (a bloke who refused to stay last January) and it already is so damaging to the team's set up.

Called it weeks ago but the top reds kept on telling me I was a moaner, fecking clowns.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The scary thing is, it's not like we are suffering a major injury crisis. We've lost Martial (a bloke who refused to stay last January) and it already is so damaging to the team's set up.

Called it weeks ago but the top reds kept on telling me I was a moaner, fecking clowns.
Crazy how the sentiment on the Caf almost overnight went from "this squad needs major surgery" to "this squad is perfectly fine".

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Here's another point of view: I put all the blame on EtH. His obsession with De Jong and Antony is beyond me. I will clear Arnold' guilt - he actually did his best, sending an offer and it has been accepted. What he can actually did wrong? And yes, 100 millions for Antony is ridiculous, I am not paying this, too! It's not like these are class above all other players out there. EtH must awake and he must do it now - giving the green light to options B. No time for being calm on these anymore. Back to reality, please.
Yeah. That's elephant in the room that can't be ignored. Although the striker's badly managed situation is a reality.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I think ETH is a decent enough coach that you won't finish lower than 6th. I don't think anyone below that has enough consistency to break into it either.

You are going into this weekend very short though. I had a feeling at the end of last season that you needed a massive rebuild in the squad.
I'm not so sure, mate. West Ham aren't going anywhere, Newcastle could be a presence in the top half of the table. If we get unlucky with injuries we could be in some strife.

Red_toad

Here's another point of view: I put all the blame on EtH. His obsession with De Jong and Antony is beyond me. I will clear Arnold' guilt - he actually did his best, sending an offer and it has been accepted. What he can actually did wrong? And yes, 100 millions for Antony is ridiculous, I am not paying this, too! It's not like these are class above all other players out there. EtH must awake and he must do it now - giving the green light to options B. No time for being calm on these anymore. Back to reality, please.
Is virtually zero chatter about Antony anymore, Ajax quoted a huge fee and the speculation died, we’re now actively looking at alternatives, As for De Jong none of us are privy to what Erik is being told by the people who handle transfer deals. Plus the De Jong deal with either happen or not in the next week and there are numerous other players linked if it falls through. Fans tend to panic and look for people to blame, shame some are following the usual pattern of targeting the manager.

eire-red

I like the profile of players we have signed, but if we don't sign some reinforcements in that deep midfield role, then it's such a poor window.

Eriksen has replaced Mata and Lingard I guess, but we needed one, if not two quality players in midfield, and that was before Pogba left.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Although I agree we need new quality players, and hopefully we’ll get them, I’m not panicking just yet.

I think ETH could do wonders with the current crop of players. Remember what SAF did in his last year with that squad!

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Given that at least EtH and his team know more about both these players and football than any of our lovely selves ever will, I'm genuinely curious what is going on. In my head, there aren't that many possiblities:

EtH has agreed who he wants, the team charged with signing players is failing (But who? Outside FdJ there are so few tangible rumours)
EtH is fuzzy on who he wants, and is strategically waiting for opportunities / review the squad
We're broke, and our inability to sell is holding it all up

There are so many decent options out there, I just can't believe we've gotten rid of so many first team players and only brought in 3. We don't even have the United tradition of a super talented youth striker we can promote.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Pedro Neto would be a solid signing for the wing and insurance against a Rashford drop off. Unfortunately, Wolves won't sell for any reasonable price, this late in the window.

Njord

With our purchases we now have 3 LBs, 3 AMs and 7 CBs. And we're seriously lacking depth and quality at RB, CM and up front.

If Ronaldo leaves we have 3 senior players for 3 positions up top, 3 players that scored 11 goals in total last season in all competitions.

And the PL starts today.

Infra-red

With our purchases we now have 3 LBs, 3 AMs and 7 CBs. And we're seriously lacking depth and quality at RB, CM and up front.

If Ronaldo leaves we have 3 senior players for 3 positions up top, 3 players that scored 11 goals in total last season in all competitions.

And the PL starts today.
I don't think Ronaldo can be allowed to leave at this point. Even putting aside the fact that no CL clubs want to take him, we simply have nobody else to score the goals. Relying on Martial (scored 1 league goal in the last 18 months) to lead the line as our main #9, would be farcical.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
We didn't even finish 7th or 8th with Ole and Ralf at the wheel.

croadyman

Although I agree we need new quality players, and hopefully we’ll get them, I’m not panicking just yet.

I think ETH could do wonders with the current crop of players. Remember what SAF did in his last year with that squad!
He shouldn't be forced to do wonders just because these yankee leeches are trying to do things on a tight budget

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
What a loss!
Hey, you don't have to tell me - it was their time to go. Factually though we haven't replaced them so our options are Fred and McT, with Garner as a possible 3rd option. That is feckin grim. Imagine we get a couple of injuries to our midfield - we'll be chucking Savage and Iqbal in which is unfair to them. Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham all have better midfields than us. Unless we add someone we're going to struggle.

lex talionis

And since then we have lost Pogba, Lingard, Cavani, Matic, Mata, Henderson, Telles. So we're worse. And we were lucky to get 6th.
To be fair, most of us wanted these players gone, most of whom played very few minutes and made a miniscule contribution last season. The exception is Matic, who actually put in a few good shifts for us last season. So it is really a "loss" when players who made virtually ZERO contribution last season are now gone? I don't think so.

But we were indeed lucky to get 6th. That said, we were also unlucky in that Ole was completely unprepared for the new season (he should have been sacked after the EL cup final) and that we had to go with an interim manager rather than a permanent manager. A squad full of massive egos was never going to perform consistently at top gear under an interim manager.

Speako

I’m concerned for sure that we remain far behind the top three in the league, at least. But I’d also be keen to understand how the supporters of Arsenal and especially Newcastle are feeling at the moment given they too have hardly broken records in terms of recruitment so far, both in terms of quality and quantity. Were we actually expecting too much from this window? I guess there remains a lot of time for a lot of business, and one thing that will give me some hope, is that we will only sign the right players with the right mentality. I’d still rather see that allied with promotion from the youth teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.