Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeryis

Not that I want us to sign him, but is it always so black and white? Roll back to when Chelsea sold de Bryne and Salah and would you be calling them flops? Bet you would at the the time, even if with the wisdom of hindsight you'll probably say no
Ziyech is 29, not a struggling 20 year old player :lol: . Dude is fecking shite. Let me tell you why he fails: because he's not a winger. The dude has no fecking pace at all, so forget about stretching width and taking on players. He's rubbish at that. Forget goal scoring, he's rubbish at that as well. What he does excel at is crossing, but he has to drop deep into midfield to play his signature crosses. He's much closer to a midfielder than he is a forward. That's why he failed at Chelsea, and that's why he'd fail here too. There's no space for " fake wingers" like him in the premier league unless they're supremely talented and have a team catered to his strengths.

Houdini

So ETH is "happy with the current squad". The midfield was a huge problem last year and what has changed?
+ Eriksen
- Pogba
- Matic
rest is the same.

Maybe ETH knows something we don't...

the_cliff

Ziyech is 29, not a struggling 20 year old player :lol: . Dude is fecking shite. Let me tell you why he fails: because he's not a winger. The dude has no fecking pace at all, so forget about stretching width and taking on players. He's rubbish at that. Forget goal scoring, he's rubbish at that as well. What he does excel at is crossing, but he has to drop deep into midfield to play his signature crosses. He's much closer to a midfielder than he is a forward. That's why he failed at Chelsea, and that's why he'd fail here too. There's no space for " fake wingers" like him in the premier league unless they're supremely talented and have a team catered to his strengths.
Mahrez ?

Castia

Id piss myself laughing if we signed Ziyech. They wouldn't have the nerve surely.

Years behind City who added Haaland, Philips and the young Argentine lad and here we are bolstering our attack with Eriksen and Ziyech.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
And since then we have lost Pogba, Lingard, Cavani, Matic, Mata, Henderson, Telles. So we're worse. And we were lucky to get 6th.
Remind me which one of them had a good season last season that helped us to 6th spot? Can't remember any game winning performances from any of them.

Rauður Djöfull

absolutely shambolic this, I can understand waiting on and wanting the right players and being positiv behind the scenes on FDJ until they know for sure it is not happening and than moving unto other targets

But how has there been no movement other areas in the meantime, still to get rid of quite a few and still most definitely need a RB, RW and ST, maybe even another CM or CDM

I also keep reading you can't buy many players in one window, well every other team seems to be doing so, some of the new teams have bought up to 10-12 players. I am not saying Utd should do that though but surely we can have a summer of 5-6 new signings while getting rid of some rotting apples.

I am buzzed as always for a new season and we see some improvement from players who underperformed last season but I am also very much expecting this season to be similar to last one, and I just can't help but feel ETH has been let down and us the supporters have been sold lies and dreams yet again, happy there is a protest on Sunday, need those Glazer feckers out and away from the club, as it is and has been for a while very evident that there is no ambition higher up in the hierarchy to close the gap one City/Pool and win some titles.

BuzzKillington

Remind me which one of them had a good season last season that helped us to 6th spot? Can't remember any game winning performances from any of them.
You can at least kid yourself that you have options on the bench who can come on and change a game if it’s not going well. Currently our game changer off the bench for this season will probably be DvdB or a selection from the youth team, everybody else will be playing or injured. It’s not fair putting young players in that position. And it’s not realistic to expect DvdB to suddenly become a footballer.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Wait, are you arguing that our squad is not worse than last year? We have the squad from last year minus about 8 players. How can it possibly have got better or even be as good? Yeah. a lot of those players were shite last year, but so were most of the team. We had options at least. I'm not arguing for a second that we should have kept any of the players that left, but our squad is definitely weaker because we haven't signed enough players.

I Am Zlatan

How much money are we saving on wages now that a lot of players left.. surely there are some players ETH want that they can justify spending money on..

Aeryis

They were irrelevant and we finished 6th. But on the seasons we finished 2nd and 3rd, how much did they contribute? Specifically Pogba, Matic, and Cavani. Quite a bit, right? Especially for Pogba in 2019/2020. See the issue?

steffyr2

So far this has been our worst transfer window in years. Such a shame we finally got the right manager but haven't given him the players.
That right manager is in charge now. Presumably if he isn’t happy with the team, he’ll speak up.

Superunknown

To be fair, most of us wanted these players gone, most of whom played very few minutes and made a miniscule contribution last season. The exception is Matic, who actually put in a few good shifts for us last season. So it is really a "loss" when players who made virtually ZERO contribution last season are now gone? I don't think so.

But we were indeed lucky to get 6th. That said, we were also unlucky in that Ole was completely unprepared for the new season (he should have been sacked after the EL cup final) and that we had to go with an interim manager rather than a permanent manager. A squad full of massive egos was never going to perform consistently at top gear under an interim manager.
The fans definitely wanted them gone, but we also wanted them replaced. Upgraded. To have the same squad minus those isn't enough. The signings we have made are good signings, there's just not enough of them, especially in key areas.

VivaRonaldo85

I just went through our squad and damn it’s depressing. There is so little to look forward to apart from the new manager.
Our midfield & Attack right now is
Fred
Mctominay
Bruno
VDB
Eriksen
Martial(hamstring)
Sancho( ?)
Rashford
Ronaldo ( doubt he is playing again)
Elanga
Amad

How is this even real
That’s genuine mid table. Embarrassing actually

VivaRonaldo85

The scary thing is, it's not like we are suffering a major injury crisis. We've lost Martial (a bloke who refused to stay last January) and it already is so damaging to the team's set up.

Called it weeks ago but the top reds kept on telling me I was a moaner, fecking clowns.
You get hammered on here for being negative. Then look at our squad on Sunday and shake your head.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Looking at the business other clubs have done, it definitely seems like we have been lagging behind all window. Disappointing given this was (and still is) such an important summer for the club after the shambles of last season. I have little doubt that ETH can get more of a tune out of some of these players than his predecessors, but similarly several of them probably dont deserve any more chances, and the squad still has areas that clearly need improving on.

MrSingh2002

Ten Hag's about to find out the the other Premier League teams don't give a feck.

Within 3 weeks he's going to want more players even more than he does today. The sooner he and the club act the better.

lex talionis

The fans definitely wanted them gone, but we also wanted them replaced. Upgraded. To have the same squad minus those isn't enough. The signings we have made are good signings, there's just not enough of them, especially in key areas.
True, so far we’ve added Malacias, Eriksen and Martinez, players who are universally as great signings but we’ll see about that. We’re waiting for Frenkie to come over the line, but we’ll see about that too. If it’s just those three players and no one else, we have every right to moan. But if we get Frenkie too, job done.

jamesjimmybyrondean

So is it just Antony we wanted? You'd expect that we at least should have gotten a right winger by now? I mean if we are waiting on the Sesko deal and De Jong deal for one reason or the other we can at least focus on the signing an RW where we are lacking quality depth in

Wing Attack Plan R

So is it just Antony we wanted? You'd expect that we at least should have gotten a right winger by now? I mean if we are waiting on the Sesko deal and De Jong deal for one reason or the other we can at least focus on the signing an RW where we are lacking quality depth in
Time is what will give us a RW, we are stockpiling RW starlets and it’s just a question of which player out of Garnacho, Diallo, Pellistri, and Elanga develops soonest. Sancho is the starting RW. One of those 4 can deputize and save £50 million for the transfer kitty. The owners would be better advised spending in areas we are threadbare, let alone having any depth.

Wing Attack Plan R

Good points all.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Time is what will give us a RW, we are stockpiling RW starlets and it’s just a question of which player out of Garnacho, Diallo, Pellistri, and Elanga develops soonest. Sancho is the starting RW. One of those 4 can deputize and save £50 million for the transfer kitty. The owners would be better advised spending in areas we are threadbare, let alone having any depth.
Some of you really don't know the importance of quality depth.

Lights Out

How much money are we saving on wages now that a lot of players left.. surely there are some players ETH want that they can justify spending money on..
Around £60m a year saved in wages so far with the players that have left.

I’d love to be one of those overly optimistic top reds because this summer has been so depressing. I like the players we have brought in but it’s the midfield that’s been ignored that is criminal.

I look around our rivals and all the teams we are competing with are addressing their issues and have made better improvements to their first lX.

EtH is going to have to work miracles. This definitely feels a lot like the summer Moyes took over.

AndySmith1990

Some of you can’t understand simple sentences. Buying backup RW after spending a fortune on Sancho while we are criminally short in other positions is moronic, but continue advocating for it; I won’t stop you.
RW is one of the areas we're short of quality, hence why Ten Hag wants Antony

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Some of you can’t understand simple sentences. Buying backup RW after spending a fortune on Sancho while we are criminally short in other positions is moronic, but continue advocating for it; I won’t stop you.
Sancho looks better on the left and is definitely a big goal threat from there. ETH seems to like inverted wingers that bring goals. The other issue is that Rashford has been horribly out of form for a long time and even at his best was a purple patch player.

jamesjimmybyrondean

The only position we are short in is a DM. Asides that we have quantity in every position, its the quality that is lacking and most especially on the wings and at right back

Zlatanator

Although we made three signings, it still feels like we haven't really improved the squad.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I hope we are working on forward and midfielder. Don't know why we don't go for Ziyech. Cheap, good, Chelsea want to sell, rw. What is there not to like?

Olecurls99

I hope we are working on forward and midfielder. Don't know why we don't go for Ziyech. Cheap, good, Chelsea want to sell, rw. What is there not to like?
Yep agree. He's there to be backup to Sancho as well. No brainer for me

House Mkhitaryan

Seems like we could get Gakpo and Ziyech for about the same cost as Sesko and less than Antony. Would give us depth and flexibility up front and potentially even allow us to offload Ronaldo with his bad attitude and bloated contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.